Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Atara
post Nov 8 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #1441

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,814

Chris' new friend in Fallout makes me happy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Nov 8 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1442

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

I'd expected Gears of War 2 to be good, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be this good.

I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since Deus Ex. Gears 1 was excellent, but this completely blows it away. I've still not quite finished it yet, and I'm going to be sad to see the credits. The only concern I can see Epic having at the moment, is how the hell they're going to top this with Gears 3 (it was supposed to be a trilogy wasn't it?).

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Nov 8 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #1443

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Atara @ Nov 8 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Chris' new friend in Fallout makes me happy.

Fawkes is the single most awesome NPC buddy ever.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Nov 8 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #1444

Addict

I am curious to try Gears of War. Not played the first one, I really don't like playing over the shoulder but I might rent it and give it a shot

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Nov 8 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #1445

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

It's really better in Co-Op. It's a very repetitive game, and by yourself it's just not as fun I don't think.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Nov 8 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #1446

Addict

Some of the player created levels in LBP are awesome!

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Nov 8 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #1447

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

Gears 2 is in fact wicked fuckin awesome wowsome. The enviros are better, the detail is upped. The UE3 texture popin is still there, though it seems to fade in now instead of literally popping in. Not sure if I will stick around to reach 100,000 kills though.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Nov 8 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #1448

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Well. I am now an unstoppable killing machine in Fallout 3. Got over 10,000 caps, over 1,000 ammo for all the weapons except the magnum (only 300 there) and the minigun (over 5,000 there) and thanks to a 100 skill in repair a full suit of pristine Enclave power armor. I think I'm ready to go get the last 2 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. bobbleheads now.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Nov 9 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #1449

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 8 2008, 08:05 PM) *
I'd expected Gears of War 2 to be good, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be this good.

I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since Deus Ex. Gears 1 was excellent, but this completely blows it away. I've still not quite finished it yet, and I'm going to be sad to see the credits. The only concern I can see Epic having at the moment, is how the hell they're going to top this with Gears 3 (it was supposed to be a trilogy wasn't it?).

Yeah the plan is a trilogy, I also read somewhere that if the trilogy is really successful, there will be a prequel set during the pendulum wars.

I'm about halfway through Act 4 now.

Poor Dom sad.gif But I must say the way they done that scene brilliantly. Marcus's Face as he hears the gunshot, then walks off.

The characters are more lifelike this time, so much more depth and emotion. Ben Carmine more likeable than anthony carmine. Albeit a bit retarded.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Nov 9 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #1450

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 8 2008, 08:05 PM) *

I have been playing for around 27 and a half hours now (mixing up campaign and multiplayer) and I have to whole-heartedly agree. Best game this year by far and now the best game on the 360. Master Chief? Master Chief? Fuck off you big green twat, Marcus Fenix would piss all over your the mangled remains after ramming the chainsaw bayonet up your ass umpteen times. Roll on the third!

Cole's entrance was indeed the best thing since his entrance in the first game. He should have his own game, with Thrashball and amazing comments and...and... okayyy maybe the thirty cups of coffeee are kicking in...

Shame about Tai and Dom's wife, RIP, thee that I hardly knew.

( I think there may be 4 after learning about there being 4 Carmine brothers heed my words, I shall expect you all to bow down before your all-seeing master if it becomes reality...)

I always had a feeling that the Locust where man-made or used to be human or whatever the whole test-tube baby section was all about. They were always too..."non-flying saucer" to be aliens.

Oh and I don't know about you but I totally "would" the Locust Queen. Her dress is sexy.

More about Left For Dead please? My main worry are the graphics, I always feel that Sierra games have really thin, stickmen-esque, character models. Is it true?

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Nov 9 2008, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Nov 9 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #1451

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 9 2008, 04:40 AM) *
More about Left For Dead please? My main worry are the graphics, I always feel that Sierra games have really thin, stickmen-esque, character models. Is it true?

Well it's from Valve, not Sierra

If you have any doubts, just watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuF-CRGaC2E...feature=related

Game is so amazing.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Nov 9 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #1452

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

I still haven't even touched the multiplayer yet, I'm only talking about the single player campaign, because the multiplayer on the original I thought was terrible.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Nov 10 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #1453

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 9 2008, 02:01 PM) *
I still haven't even touched the multiplayer yet, I'm only talking about the single player campaign, because the multiplayer on the original I thought was terrible.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 9 2008, 02:01 PM) *

Fair enough, the two are very different. This time round there's all sorts of things tht have been brought in to make it all a bit more fair overall. he shotguns are no longer as good as they were either sad.gif.

QUOTE (frostitute @ Nov 9 2008, 10:29 AM) *
Well it's from Valve, not Sierra

If you have any doubts, just watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuF-CRGaC2E...feature=related

Game is so amazing.

Ooops, my bad. (Same thing really*)

The game is looking quite sexy, I must say. It all looks so fast and frentic that the character models aren't going to matter.

* I know it's not, I'm not an uber-noob.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Nov 10 2008, 06:22 AM
Post #1454

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Had my first stint at Fallout last night, pretty great so far, canít see me getting tired of VATS any time soon. Just wanted to ask though, Iím currently on my way to Rivet City and was wondering if itís worth it bringing along Cherry (I think her name is) from the Russianís whorehouse. She runs a mile at the first sign of trouble and I have to spend a while going back to get her. Anyone tried it?

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Nov 10 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #1455

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Just had a massive session on Mass Effect. Got all the characters now, and I've decided my party is going to consist of myself, Liara, and Tali. I've also decided that Shepherd is going to get into Liara's pants, because Kaidan is just Carth from KotOR, and that smile at the end still gives me the creeps (I'm a woman, so those are the choices).

I got up to an ice planet where I kept being killed by one of those worms from Dune. So I've called it a night. Might do Bring Down the Sky tonight, I've heard it level scales with what you are at the moment, so the fact that I'm only in my teens should be fine.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:38 PM