Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Jun 21 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #16

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 20 2008, 11:18 AM)
Well, because I don't have a PS3 instead of playing MGS4, I've dusted off MGS3: Subsistance and Metal Gear Acid 2 on my PSP. boh great. The free rotational camera really does make Snake Eater a much better game.

MGS3 is brilliant, it has some of the best boss battles in the series. I also loe the main Snake Eater theme song laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 23 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #17

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 20 2008, 07:28 PM)
I did something silly today...

Traded in my black, slim PSP for it. I have two copies of Crisis Core now though, and a bloody silver PSP. But if I didn;t get it I'd regret it, it is limited edition afterall.

My "Pre-Order Edition" of Crisis Core came on Friday, in a card box and with a hardback art book. I'm not very far in the game (just doing the bit where the Shinra Building is overrun by machines, I'm in Sector-8 with the Turks), been playing a lot of the missions though.

At first I thought the whole DWM idea left things a bit unbalanced and random, but I'm used to it now and actually think it works rather well. Even if it lets me have a Master HP Up and ATK Up when I'm only Lv12...

It looks amazing, plays really smooth and fun, and is overall much better than I was expecting (and to say I paid extra for a special version, I was expecting it to be good). It plays how FF12 should have played, I think. In terms of the mission-based play and semi-realtime battles, Crisis Core just works much better.

So what number of the 77777 did you get, anything interesting? And is it the normal PSP pack, or the special one with the potion?

Which looks mighty nice.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jun 23 2008, 10:48 AM

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jun 23 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #18

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

The UK ones don't have the serial numbers, that was th Japanese ones that were released about 9 months ago, all 77,777 were done then. The guy in Game told me this was one of them, but after further research I learned it isn;t

It just has the PSP too. The Asian one had a buster sword strap and a cool box

Potion was a seperate thing. But that has been out for ages too. They were all released with the 10 year anniversary which was mast September. The UK PSP is just a limited edition PSP.

+Quote Post
Flame7581
post Jun 23 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #19

Smiles awake you when you rise.

Member No.: 6,593

The stupidest games but so freaking addicting. My arm is still sore from playing 'Playground' on the Wii at a friends till 4am Friday and then for a few hours on Sat too.. Damn dodgeball

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 23 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Atara @ Jun 23 2008, 02:35 PM)
The UK ones...

The what?! I thought only those 7777 Japanese ones were made... curses.

EDIT: God, I fucking hate GAME and their refusal to acknowledge that there are in fact games older than 2002.

Now, I can see how people would like them, but is Call of Duty 4 really the single greatest game ever made? Of course it fucking isn't.

Just look at that list and see how many came out in the last 2 years. Halo 3 gets 7th, while Grim Fandango only just makes it at 99th. It's a fucking disgrace if this was an actual poll and not made up by some web designers.

Then again, I suppose most of the people who voted were chavs anyway, as they're the only people I ever see in GAME - gawping over the latest skateboard or whatever game.

4/5ths of the customers won't even have heard of the Mega Drive. They weren't there at the beginning. They didn't see how good it was, how important. This is it for them, this jumped-up, fireworks display of a toy advert. Because everyone knows the better the graphics, the better the game. A member of staff there actually told me that once...

Oooh, I'm going to have to play some Super Mario Land II: Six Golden Coins (the best Mario game ever), to let off some steam...

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jun 23 2008, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jun 23 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #21

Addict

Apparently not, I am going to check further. There is no serial number on the UK one...or should I say European. So I don't even have any idea how many there are made. The guy in Game lied...he lied bad.

This post has been edited by Atara: Jun 23 2008, 05:03 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 23 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #22

All I can find about it is on the GAME website.

"Unskippable cutscenes and limit break animations"

Ah, GAME... (hint: push the Start button like it says in the manual)

GAME staff are all full of shit. Numerous times they've said things to me that I know for a fact aren't correct. Some of them don't even make sense. And like I said before, it's like they've never heard of anything before the current generation.

Case in point, I remember a GAME member of staff telling me that Sonic Adventure 2 was the first good Sonic game...

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jun 23 2008, 08:15 PM

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Jun 23 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #23

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

I bought some second hand Donkey Konga bongos from Game, the girl went off to get them for me and came back with a brand new Donkey Konga set. I walked quickly out of the shop before opening the box to double check. Similar thing happened to me in HMV a few months before when I got the Mario Kart DS pack and Pac Pix for 99.99 instead of 115.99 smile.gif

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 24 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #24

Oh God, just got up to meeting Aeries in Crisis Core, and I nearly teared up when her theme started playing

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 24 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #25

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I just picked up Command & Conquer: Renegade for 89p. I remember actually quite enjoying it, and at that price I don't really care if it is as bad as everyone says.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jun 24 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #26

Addict

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 24 2008, 11:42 AM)
Oh God, just got up to meeting Aeries in Crisis Core, and I nearly teared up when her theme started playing

It is a damn good game. I got all emotional plenty times... It is just so pretty sends a shiver up my spine every time something familiar happens.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jun 25 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #27

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Civilization Revolution is eating away at my life. It's nowhere near as deep or involving as its PC counterparts but the "quickfire" campaigns (3 hours or so) are still brilliant and I'm really getting the hang of some of the added little quirks. I'm trying to complete it with every civilization as they all have special bonuses above and beyond special units. Only done 4 so far though!

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Jun 25 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #28

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jun 25 2008, 09:32 AM)
Civilization Revolution is eating away at my life.  It's nowhere near as deep or involving as its PC counterparts but the "quickfire" campaigns (3 hours or so) are still brilliant and I'm really getting the hang of some of the added little quirks.  I'm trying to complete it with every civilization as they all have special bonuses above and beyond special units.  Only done 4 so far though!

Is it a full retail game or XBLA?

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jun 25 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #29

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Jubei @ Jun 25 2008, 09:33 AM)
Is it a full retail game or XBLA?

Full retail, and it's pretty hefty although not very customisable. There are about 15 campaigns with different variations on the standard game but you can only play one type of campaign which is you versus 4 other Civs. The multiplayer is meant to be pretty good as well although I am yet to try it as I want to play against someone I know. May have to wait a while though.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Jun 25 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #30

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jun 25 2008, 09:37 AM)
Full retail, and it's pretty hefty although not very customisable.  There are about 15 campaigns with different variations on the standard game but you can only play one type of campaign which is you versus 4 other Civs.  The multiplayer is meant to be pretty good as well although I am yet to try it as I want to play against someone I know.  May have to wait a while though.

I read a bit about this, but couldn't work out if it was a big game or not, seems it is. The online multiplayer games can apparently last hours as well, with up to 4 players. Shame it's not XBLA or I might have been able to stretch to buying it and giving you a game.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:20 PM