> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
rebelstar
post Dec 3 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #1666

'ullo!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,134

QUOTE (logger @ Dec 2 2008, 02:08 PM) *
I keep forgetting about that. Is it any good? I enjoyed the first one although I could never defeat the end boss.

It's an acquired taste I think, but if you enjoyed the first one you should like this too. And the end boss is, once again, a total bitch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Dec 3 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #1667

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Started playing through Resident Evil 4 on the Wii again as I stopped playing it ages ago. It's good fun and quite tough in places leaving me with hardly any ammo. Guess thats what you want from a survival horror game though. Unfortunately the graphics really suffer when you play it straight after a HD lovely like Gears. It all looks so fuzzy and grainy in comparrison.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Dec 3 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #1668

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I've just been looking over gamesradar.com and found a few impressive gaming feats, figured you guys might appreciate them-

Phenominally complex Halo 3 suicide.
You'll never be this good at games.-I'm particularly impressed with the simultainious two player Ikaruga, that game is frickin' hard.
Crysis physics engine put to the test...with barrels.
And I though Ikaruga was hard.Just thinking about playing that makes my head swirl.

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post Dec 3 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #1669

'ullo!

I'm playing Ikaruga at the moment, on XBLA, and I'm struggling to beat the first boss without using continues, nevermind playing two player at once...

Edit : Don't play Ikaruga if you intend to play another shooter straight afterwards - because of the polarity thing, you find yourself actually trying to run into bullets.

This post has been edited by rebelstar: Dec 3 2008, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Dec 3 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #1670

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

My Top 5 for 2008;

Gears of war 2
Metal Gear Solid 4, having experienced a fair chunk of it at a mates, i shall be getting a ps3 next year with MGS4 and Little big planet.
GTA IV
Fable II
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 2 2008, 02:34 PM) *
How about games people are looking forward to next year?

Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5
Alan wake if it gets released.

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post Dec 3 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #1671

'ullo!

Oh, yeah, top fives - I've been and done two lists (these are in no particular order)

Downloads (all XBLA) :

Braid
Omega 5
Geometry Wars 2
Portal : Still Alive
Rez HD

Retail :

Gears of War 2
Ninja Gaiden II
Fallout 3
GTA IV
<to be decided>

Started playing Mirror's Edge - the controls are a bit odd, but they work well when you get used to them. I can see people who suffer from motion sickness having a bit of a problem with the game, though.

+Quote Post
Bloomeeney
post Dec 3 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #1672

I'm an evil werewolf!

Member No.: 2,245

Finally got my ass on Xbox Live last night. Promptly got my ass well and truly kicked playing Halo 3 huh.gif . Liking the new avatar thingy though, gonna have further play tonight.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Dec 3 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #1673

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

I've not done very well with a Top 5 as I'm only actually counting games I completed. Which leaves me with a Top 3:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. GTAIV
3. Portal: Still Alive (I haven't finished all of this, but I did finish the PC version earlier this year so I'm including it)

I played a lot of older games this year which I enjoyed so special mentions to:

Saints Row, Lost Planet, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Mass Effect and Burnout Revenge.

Looking forward to RE:5 and catching up with all the games released over the last few months, which will probably get me through a fair bit of next year. Happy to see that the new Prince of Persia game is out already and it sounds like it's pretty good (yay!)

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Dec 3 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #1674

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Has anyone actually bought Mirror's Edge? I can't help but notice that it's dropped to below 30 already, and everyone's complaining about how short it is. I still want it though.

Speaking of wanting, anyone got Sonic Unleashed? I'm a big SEGA and Sonic fan, and will probably get it anyway, but I've been disappointed a few times by them (admittedly, not as much as most people - I still say Sonic Adventure is fantastic and I still play it). It's the Devil May Cry Warehog bits that ring alarm bells for me.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Dec 3 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #1675

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 3 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Has anyone actually bought Mirror's Edge? I can't help but notice that it's dropped to below 30 already, and everyone's complaining about how short it is. I still want it though.

I noticed that earlier today and it confused me because I was sure it was quite a recent release. I want it too, but I'm going to wait until after Christmas.

I still need Fable 2 and Fallout 3 too.

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post Dec 3 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #1676

'ullo!

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 3 2008, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE (rebelstar @ Dec 3 2008, 11:21 AM) *
Started playing Mirror's Edge - the controls are a bit odd, but they work well when you get used to them. I can see people who suffer from motion sickness having a bit of a problem with the game, though.

Picked it up for 30 in HMV at the weekend. From what I've played of it it looks like the campaign mode will be pretty short, and a lot of that is repitition - learning routes and dying a lot, basically. I think the main value after finishing the game will be doing the time trials and trying the shave seconds off your times there. Interesting game, mind you, and quite exhilarating when you're in full flow.

+Quote Post
Ringcoirewen
post Dec 3 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #1677

Go go blue team!

Member No.: 3,646

Fable 2 is being a twat for me. It keeps freezing and I have to save the game every time I pick up something new or complete a task just in case. It froze twice in the Crucible, I had to save after I completed every room. It worked fine before the system update. Is this happening/has this happened to anyone else?

+Quote Post
Llama
post Dec 3 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #1678

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

I've started playing it yesterday and it froze once today (not completely, but I couldn't move my character).

+Quote Post
zeden
post Dec 4 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #1679

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Just as a counter point, I played for 30+ hours over the course of five sessions and it didn't freeze on me once.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Dec 4 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #1680

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 4 2008, 07:45 AM) *
Just as a counter point, I played for 30+ hours over the course of five sessions and it didn't freeze on me once.

Ditto

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:43 PM