> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Jubei
post Jul 24 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #196

Meow

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 24 2008, 02:26 PM)
In my quest for interesting free games I found this list from Gamersradar.com which has 365 completely free PC games to download or play in your browser.
Click here!
A couple of my favorites so far are -
Masq, which is in essence an adult choose your own adventure story. Tumeki Fighters, an incredibly hard but innovative side scrolling shooter in which you can pick up parts of enemy ships after destroying them to enhance your own craft and N, the most incredibly hardcore yet highly addictive platformer I've ever played.
Enjoy!

N is out on XBLA now, as N+. Not sure how they can justify making people pay for a game which is available free.

Also, haven't tried it yet, but it sounds interesting, try Dyson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jul 24 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #197

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I started Oblivion from the beginning again because I jumped into doing the main quest a bit too quickly last time and couldn't exactly back out of it. I like doing all of the side quests anyway. Plus, I've managed to save up lots of money and buy a horse this time. happy.gif

I bet I'll still be playing this at the end of the summer holidays.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 25 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #198

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Has anyone else seen the rumor flying around that there's another ending to MGS4 set to be unlocked six months after the release day? I spotted it on a few sites but everything leads back to one Spanish website that claims something about "Hideo Kojima - The Voice Of God", which is apparently something that comes up at the end of the game.
I've only played the first two levels so I'm not exactly a fountain of knowledge on the subject, but doesn't six months have some kind of meaning within the game, like that's how much time Old Snake has left to live or something?

Also, spotted on the Gamescentral teletext page today that Square Enix are planning to release FF13, FF13 Versus and a new MMORPG on the PC, stating that all in house games will now be set for PC releases from now on.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Jul 25 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #199

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

The Voice of God is what plays during the Psycho Mantis fight, that tells him to leave

There is no second ending, you are stuck with the horrible final ending on that blu-ray disc (no swapping lolololol, except when changing chapters)

This post has been edited by frostitute: Jul 25 2008, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post
bump909
post Jul 25 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #200

One Pinter

Member No.: 6,665

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jul 24 2008, 02:25 PM)
I started Oblivion from the beginning again because I jumped into doing the main quest a bit too quickly last time and couldn't exactly back out of it. I like doing all of the side quests anyway. Plus, I've managed to save up lots of money and buy a horse this time. happy.gif

I bet I'll still be playing this at the end of the summer holidays.

Oblivion is definitely my favorite game ever. That game sucks you in!

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 25 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #201

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 25 2008, 12:49 PM)
Has anyone else seen the rumor flying around that there's another ending to MGS4 set to be unlocked six months after the release day? I spotted it on a few sites but everything leads back to one Spanish website that claims something about "Hideo Kojima - The Voice Of God", which is apparently something that comes up at the end of the game.
I've only played the first two levels so I'm not exactly a fountain of knowledge on the subject, but doesn't six months have some kind of meaning within the game, like that's how much time Old Snake has left to live or something?

Also, spotted on the Gamescentral teletext page today that Square Enix are planning to release FF13, FF13 Versus and a new MMORPG on the PC, stating that all in house games will now be set for PC releases from now on.

Yeah I'd read that as well. It is meant to be how long snake has to live. Kojimas done similar (though not as expansive) time related things in his other games, so it coul dbe true, but I doubt it really.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jul 25 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #202

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

Oh yes. Just read that the next DLC for Guitar Hero 3 is three more songs by Dragonforce. Operation Ground and Pound, Revolution Deathsquad (both off Inhuman Rampage) and Heroes of our Time from the album they haven't released yet.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 25 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #203

When doves cry

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 25 2008, 03:44 PM)
Yeah I'd read that as well. It is meant to be how long snake has to live. Kojimas done similar (though not as expansive) time related things in his other games, so it coul dbe true, but I doubt it really.

I thought so. I'd like to entertain the idea that it's true merely because of some of the oddball things that have been in the previous games, such as Psycho mantis reading your memory card and chatting about the Konami game files you have on there. Guess we'll find out in a few months, or when Kojima decides to put an end to the rumor.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jul 25 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #204

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (frostitute @ Jul 25 2008, 03:26 PM)
There is no second ending, you are stuck with the horrible final ending on that blu-ray disc (no swapping lolololol, except when changing chapters)

Yes. Because having a file as downloadable content that the disk looks on the hard drive for towards the end of the game. That's completely fucking out of the realms of possibility isn't it? Especially when the console it's on comes with a hard drive as standard and doesn't charge you to access online content. Nope. Completely impossible.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Jul 25 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #205

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

There won't be a second ending.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jul 25 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #206

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Oh, right, I forgot. If you say so then there obviously can't be can there.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 26 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #207

When doves cry

Frostitute, please just drop it. You cant say one way or the other, you've no means of qualifying your statement at all. In sex months bring it up again if it doesn't happen, until then could you stop the flame baiting and maybe say something useful instead.

Jubei - Just played some of that Dyson game. I'm liking it, very simple yet I can see there's a decent amount of strategy to come when the size of my asteroid belt empire expands. Good call.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 26 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #208

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 25 2008, 05:02 PM)
I thought so. I'd like to entertain the idea that it's true merely because of some of the oddball things that have been in the previous games, such as Psycho mantis reading your memory card and chatting about the Konami game files you have on there. Guess we'll find out in a few months, or when Kojima decides to put an end to the rumor.

It's entirely in the realms of possibility, it would be a great moment.

In MGS3 Kojima had some cool time related things, the boss battle with The End for example, if you saved the game at the start of the fight and left it for a week (or moved your playstations clock forward a week) The End would die of old age That was a cool little thing that you coul dmake happen.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jul 27 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #209

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

The Secret of Monkey Island is just as much fun as I remember.

+Quote Post
grumpygit
post Jul 27 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #210

Fur Pinter

Member No.: 6,661

^Is that the one with the Largo Embargo? Brilliant!

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:45 AM