Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Rebus
post Jan 21 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #2101

ЯR

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,395

I tried starting a Good game in Fallout 3 but just couldn't help it, and ended up killing anyone I could get away with again, so I'm back to the main game and having got as much of the main quest as I can out of the way, I'm concentrating on exploring as much of the wasteland as possible, and won't stop until I get all the bobbleheads, only three left. Really annoyed though, my lockpick skill in 98 and with being level 20 have no chance of increasing. Anyone know of any ideas or apparel that increased lockpick skill by at least 2?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 21 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #2102

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Am I the only person playing Fallout 3 good first time?

I thought maybe playing evil would be more fun/easier, and so playing it nicely first is the better option. That's what I did with KotOR.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 21 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #2103

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Heck no, man. I always play good first. To be honest, I find it difficult to play evil, even in a game...

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 21 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #2104

We're just two do-gooders, I guess.

Check this out:

Not a clue who made it, sorry.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jan 21 2009, 08:35 AM

+Quote Post
logger
post Jan 21 2009, 08:38 AM
Post #2105

Guests

I've been playing good too.

What's the buzz on Wheelman?

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 21 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #2106

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Rebus @ Jan 21 2009, 03:36 AM) *
I tried starting a Good game in Fallout 3 but just couldn't help it, and ended up killing anyone I could get away with again, so I'm back to the main game and having got as much of the main quest as I can out of the way, I'm concentrating on exploring as much of the wasteland as possible, and won't stop until I get all the bobbleheads, only three left. Really annoyed though, my lockpick skill in 98 and with being level 20 have no chance of increasing. Anyone know of any ideas or apparel that increased lockpick skill by at least 2?

Theres a jumpsuit or two that do it, I'm sure I got one in Vault 101. If not, drugs always do well, or failing that find two books to get it up to 100.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 21 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #2107

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (Rebus @ Jan 21 2009, 03:36 AM) *
Really annoyed though, my lockpick skill in 98 and with being level 20 have no chance of increasing. Anyone know of any ideas or apparel that increased lockpick skill by at least 2?

Find some skill books. They're called Tumblers Today.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 21 2009, 03:49 AM) *
Am I the only person playing Fallout 3 good first time?

Nope, I played 100% pure good. Never took a reward if I had the option to refuse, never killed an innocent, never stole a penny. Boy was that a tough intro to the game.

Does anyone know where I could get a download of the music from this? I know it's old as hell but I saw it again recently and it brought back some clear memories of playing a Japanese copy of Zero Wing about a year or two before all the hype hit the Engrish translation. Might have a bash at making a Guitar Hero version of it later if I can ind an MP3 to work from.

This post has been edited by zeden: Jan 21 2009, 11:27 AM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 21 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #2108

I'm not being that good, but I always have good karma.

Done a few bad things, like turning in that android, but also telling him I wouldn't, so I got both rewards, but in things like that I gain and lose karma so it balances out. I'm positive overall, though.

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Jan 21 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #2109

Member No.: 5,387

Same here, my karma is about balanced but I want to explore the wasteland fully before finishing the last of the main storyline. I need another 5 Bobbleheads to complete the game, will be attacking the Dunwich Building later on to get a BH

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jan 21 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #2110

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

I played through being as good as I could be (except for killing Button in the Archives to get the constitution as he wanted me to trek all the way to Arlington Library and I couldn't be arsed.) This play through is quite difficult though as I always struggle being evil as i feel bad. I wasn't doing very well at first as I was just being a shit to everyone as soon as I met them but you really don't get anywhere doing that so I had to tone it down a bit. I'm finding the game a hell of a lot easier though this time around and I'm levelling up pretty rapidly. It's amazing that my experience of the game this time through is so completely different than the first run through yet its the exact same game.

Also, Megatonblowing up is spectacular and I wish I'd saved just before doing it so I could watch it again.

As for the little stories that Omniscia was on about, my favourite one was when you pick up a distress signal from a family that are hiding in a storm drain with their sick son. I hunted for the entrance of it for ages as I thought that with my high medicine skill I'd be able to help them. However, when I eventually found their hiding place they were all dead and clearly had been for a long long time. It was really sad to see them all dead there though and that there was nothing I could do to help

+Quote Post
logger
post Jan 21 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #2111

Guests

I've still only got 2 bobbleheads.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 21 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #2112

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 21 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I played through being as good as I could be (except for killing Button in the Archives to get the constitution as he wanted me to trek all the way to Arlington Library and I couldn't be arsed.) This play through is quite difficult though as I always struggle being evil as i feel bad. I wasn't doing very well at first as I was just being a shit to everyone as soon as I met them but you really don't get anywhere doing that so I had to tone it down a bit. I'm finding the game a hell of a lot easier though this time around and I'm levelling up pretty rapidly. It's amazing that my experience of the game this time through is so completely different than the first run through yet its the exact same game.

Also, Megatonblowing up is spectacular and I wish I'd saved just before doing it so I could watch it again.

As for the little stories that Omniscia was on about, my favourite one was when you pick up a distress signal from a family that are hiding in a storm drain with their sick son. I hunted for the entrance of it for ages as I thought that with my high medicine skill I'd be able to help them. However, when I eventually found their hiding place they were all dead and clearly had been for a long long time. It was really sad to see them all dead there though and that there was nothing I could do to help

I like all the holotapes from that one family you can find around the wastelands, they each give a number for a door access code, which you can use to get some ammo, equipment and the Experimental MIRV [A fatboy that fires 8 nukes at a time]. Awesome stuff.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jan 21 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #2113

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 21 2009, 02:13 PM) *
I like all the holotapes from that one family you can find around the wastelands, they each give a number for a door access code, which you can use to get some ammo, equipment and the Experimental MIRV [A fatboy that fires 8 nukes at a time]. Awesome stuff.

I've only found 2 out of the 5 of those holotapes. One was in a ruined church to the east of Arefu and I think the other was in that chapel where you get the Reservists Rifle from that mental ranger bloke.

I honestly didn't think I'd be this hooked the second play through, especially as I only finished it on Sunday but the massive differences in gameplay from my first time round make it seem like a completely new game. Best game of 2008.

+Quote Post
Bloomeeney
post Jan 21 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #2114

I'm an evil werewolf!

Member No.: 2,245

I'm playing Fallout 3 as a female goodie (mostly). I'm not sure how far through I am yet though - keep doing the side quests at the moment rather than doing the main one. Almost at level 10 and got 3 bobbleheads. Just about to head for Rivet City as part of the Wasteland Guide quest.

I wonder if I will actually be able to play as a bad guy next time - think I have too many morals!!!!!

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Jan 21 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #2115

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

After a very long hiatus, I've started playing GTAIV again. I've picked up where I left off, just completed the Bank Job mission (very Heat) for Packie, amd unlocked his brothers and the third island, and done the first two UL Paper missions. A long break has breathed new life into the game, as I was very bored of it when last I played.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 139 140 141 142 143 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:08 AM