Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jan 21 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #2116

Better to reign in hell...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,676

My worry about playing as an evil character is killing an NPC and then finding I can't do a later quest because of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Jan 21 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #2117

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 21 2009, 06:13 AM) *
Does anyone know where I could get a download of the music from this? I know it's old as hell but I saw it again recently and it brought back some clear memories of playing a Japanese copy of Zero Wing about a year or two before all the hype hit the Engrish translation. Might have a bash at making a Guitar Hero version of it later if I can ind an MP3 to work from.

Check out Zophar's Domain. That link will bring you to their ZeroWing archive. You'll need something to play it back with, too. They've got all sorts of music for all manner of games from most of the major classic consoles, even if it is just audio data that's been pulled from a ROM image (note: you cannot get the ROM from them).

It's not an MP3, but you should be able to record your own, if you know what you're doing.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 21 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #2118

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 21 2009, 03:12 PM) *
My worry about playing as an evil character is killing an NPC and then finding I can't do a later quest because of it.

Thats my worry too, I always think if i kill someone I either won't be able to do a certain quest and/or get cool unique items. i won't be so bothered on a second playthrough though.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 21 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #2119

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Woooo! Dawn of War II beta! Woooo!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 21 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #2120

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

^ENVY!!!

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Jan 21 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Check out Zophar's Domain. That link will bring you to their ZeroWing archive. You'll need something to play it back with, too. They've got all sorts of music for all manner of games from most of the major classic consoles, even if it is just audio data that's been pulled from a ROM image (note: you cannot get the ROM from them).

Thank you kindly, I'll give it a go.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 21 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #2121

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

If you have Dawn Of War: Soulstorm then you can get the beta through Steam by simply registering your copy of that.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jan 22 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #2122

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 18 2009, 07:49 PM) *
You do know you don't have to do it all in one sitting? You can just start again at level 25 and just continue from there. It just remembers all the waves you have done, like I helped a bunch of people at work do 50 ages ago, so I got the achievement last night after completing wave 49.

That's good to hear, although I can't remember exactly where I was kicked out so I'll still have to do it all again, I think.

I recently bought Warhammer: Battlemarch and it's a little bit poo to be honest, there's several decent ideas on the go but it just falls flat.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 22 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #2123

When doves cry

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 21 2009, 07:08 PM) *
If you have Dawn Of War: Soulstorm then you can get the beta through Steam by simply registering your copy of that.

I've not got a copy alas. Or Steam. Or a computer good enough to run it at a decent standard.
So that's a fail in general for me then.
I take it that's how you got it? I've got all of them up to Dark Crusade so if you're up for a match we could arrange one sometime?

Shame about the game sucking Seff. Shame about most of the Warhammer RTS games being sucky to boot. If you've not played them, Dawn of War is the series that you want.

Just been looking at info for the new Spore expansion. Looks set to take on and probably trounce Little Big Planet if it's level design editor is as good as it sounds.

This post has been edited by zeden: Jan 22 2009, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jan 22 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #2124

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

Apart from Little Big Planet is ace and Spore is wank

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 22 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #2125

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I'd be interested in seeing more info on it to be honest. Sounds interesting though.

GTA IV DLC Lost and Damned will be 13.60 (Apparantly) That's a bit steep...

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jan 22 2009, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 22 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #2126

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Played Mass Effect a bit ago. I've not been on it in ages, so I've forgotten what's going on a bit, sadly.

I think the last thing I was doing was investigating all the minor systems, and I've now forgotten where I've been. So I just went to the next main planet and did a bit of Geth killing.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 23 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #2127

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 21 2009, 11:13 AM) *
Does anyone know where I could get a download of the music from this? I know it's old as hell but I saw it again recently and it brought back some clear memories of playing a Japanese copy of Zero Wing about a year or two before all the hype hit the Engrish translation. Might have a bash at making a Guitar Hero version of it later if I can ind an MP3 to work from.

If it's the actual mp3 of this song you want, rather than the Mega Drive music it's based on, then here it is, sir

As for the actual Mega Drive music, these YouTube videos have it - intro and stage 1

Zero Wing is actually a pretty decent game too, though the end credits are very odd if I remember correctly.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jan 23 2009, 04:39 AM

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jan 23 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #2128

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 22 2009, 07:03 PM) *
Shame about the game sucking Seff. Shame about most of the Warhammer RTS games being sucky to boot. If you've not played them, Dawn of War is the series that you want.

I remember having a Warhammer game called Dark Omen which was surprisingly good for its time. I played that an inordinate amount of time. I wonder where that's gone to actually as I think I only had the disc, no box or anything.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 22 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Played Mass Effect a bit ago. I've not been on it in ages, so I've forgotten what's going on a bit, sadly.

I think the last thing I was doing was investigating all the minor systems, and I've now forgotten where I've been. So I just went to the next main planet and did a bit of Geth killing.

It's a shame that that game captured my imagination so little that I really could not be arsed to play once I got to the first planet. Too much talking and loading. I was thinking of revisiting it but to be honest I'd much rather play through Fallout again or Bioshock.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 23 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #2129

When doves cry

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 23 2009, 04:30 AM) *
If it's the actual mp3 of this song you want, rather than the Mega Drive music it's based on, then here it is, sir

Zero Wing is actually a pretty decent game too, though the end credits are very odd if I remember correctly.

Thank you kindly my man, now I just need to spend about five hours dissecting the different bits and figure out how I can get Guitar Hero to make a noise even remotely close to that voice sample. wacko.gif

You're not wrong about Zero Wing either, I loved it from my first play. It's super hard though, I've never managed to finish it despite many attempts. I think that by level 7 I'm always running low on lives and tend to have lost whatever weapon I've powered up thanks to a clumsy death. Might have to give it another bash soon and see if all that Gradius and R-Type I played at work has upped my skill a little.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 23 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #2130

What you need to do is make sure you always have a little enemy captured in front of you as a shield.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 140 141 142 143 144 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:36 PM