> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Jimmay
post Jan 26 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #2146

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Drifter @ Jan 26 2009, 11:57 AM) *
I use The Vault wiki to find the general locations of the bobbleheads I need to find.

The Vault

I use that as well so that I don't leave an area without collecting it. I'm on 6 so far on this playthrough I think but I only got 6 in total on my first play through and missed the one at Raven Rock. I'm being more careful this time around.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bigfatrich
post Jan 26 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #2147

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 5,022

Bobbleheads? I'm having all on just to stop getting horribly killed in every encounter with a nasty thing.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 26 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #2148

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Was gonna download the REsi5 demo but you need gold (at the moment) -,-.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jan 26 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #2149

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 26 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Was gonna download the REsi5 demo but you need gold (at the moment) -,-.

Ooo. I saw that but I assumed it was a demo movie not a playable one. I'll have to check that out when I get home.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 26 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #2150

Serenity.

Apparantly the 360 has the demo exclusively for a week, so I'll just wait till next week and get it on the PSN, I always find it such bullshit that you need a gold account to get demos without delays. It's stupid.

I'm interested to see what it's like as it's meant to look very pretty.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Jan 26 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #2151

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 26 2009, 01:24 PM) *
Apparantly the 360 has the demo exclusively for a week, so I'll just wait till next week and get it on the PSN, I always find it such bullshit that you need a gold account to get demos without delays. It's stupid.

I'm interested to see what it's like as it's meant to look very pretty.

I got sent a copy of the 360 demo when it was released in Japan for Christmas and it made my Christmas Day! Presuming it's the same demo (two levels, 2-player mode included!), it's a lot of fun. It's ostensibly Resident Evil 4+, but what changes there are give the gameplay a slightly different feel, not for better or worse, particularly the co-op nature of it all (though don't worry, your sidekick is no Ashley). But the thrill of enemy after enemy coming after you is still intact - I spent much of it running around squealing trying not to get decapitated.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 26 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #2152

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Even Capcom has said that Resident Evil 5 isn't a survival horror game...

"Resident Evil 5 can still loosely be considered a survival horror game,” he offered. However, compared with Resident Evil 4 it will be “more exciting, more action with more tension. You have the ability to feel more like an action hero,” he went on. “You will have the largest Arsenal of weapons in a Resident Evil game to date. The whole game is designed from ground up for co-op,” Kramer added. “There will never be a point where Sheva is knocked on the head or stolen by Gremlins. It’s totally changed the Resident Evil experience and it’s as big a leap forward for the series as Resident Evil 4 was.”

Fuck off.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 27 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #2153

Serenity.

I sort of like the idea of co-op though.

Did anyone play the PS2 resi which was online, and you would play with a group of people and decide who got ammo and weapons and healing items, and you could barricade doors and stuff. That would be better, especialy as it would be zombies again.

EDIT:Apparantly Operation Anchorage is available for the 360/PC now

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jan 27 2009, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 27 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #2154

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Ooh. F.E.A.R. 2 demo. I may have to download that.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jan 27 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #2155

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

Chris downloaded that and it is such a bad looking game. The atmosphere in parts was great but the graphics are so poor.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 27 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #2156

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 27 2009, 09:19 AM) *
I sort of like the idea of co-op though.

I can just tell it's going to be Gears of War with zombies villagers and the player characters having less meat all over them.

I don't know if it comes across in my previous posts about Resident Evil 4 and 5, but I'm very bitter about the series now.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 27 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #2157

Serenity.

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 27 2009, 12:19 PM) *
Ooh. F.E.A.R. 2 demo. I may have to download that.

It is quite awful. Though maybe it's just my personal hatred of "current gen" games loking like piss and having rubbish sound effects for weapons. The flashy lights and atmoshpere is cool in places. But it really isn't very pretty.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 27 2009, 12:30 PM) *
I can just tell it's going to be Gears of War with zombies villagers and the player characters having less meat all over them.

I don't know if it comes across in my previous posts about Resident Evil 4 and 5, but I'm very bitter about the series now.

I pretty much agree with you. I fell they could have changed the gameplay slightly but still kept the zombies and weird beasties from the older games. I would have loved to have seen the ability to barricade doors and utilise your surroundings to escape/trick/kill the zeds. As it is now it's just an action game with the Resi name on it. The game formula definetely needed some rejigging but the way it's gone is just awful to me.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 27 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #2158

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

FUCKING WINDOWS LIVE!

Yes, I want the Fallout 3 downloadable content. Yes, I'm even willing to go through the rigamarole of signing up for a Games For Windows Live account, find the correct installer for the proprietary shell that launches the browser that actually allows me to purchase the damn thing because it doesn't show up as available from the "downloads" menu IN Fallout 3, hunt around in my program files to find where that's installed to because it doesn't autolaunch or put up any shortcuts, reinput my login details and confirm my identity. But I am not willing to sign up for a bloody credit card just so I can buy your stupid fucking points to buy the fucking thing!

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 27 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #2159

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 27 2009, 12:39 PM) *
I pretty much agree with you. I fell they could have changed the gameplay slightly but still kept the zombies and weird beasties from the older games. I would have loved to have seen the ability to barricade doors and utilise your surroundings to escape/trick/kill the zeds. As it is now it's just an action game with the Resi name on it. The game formula definetely needed some rejigging but the way it's gone is just awful to me.

My complaint isn't so much the game itself, which I'm sure is perfectly well-rounded and entertaining. It's that it's so obviously not a Resident Evil game, and they've just stuck the name all over it, made the player model look vaguely like a character from a Resi game, and inserted the word "Umbrella" occasionally, because they're scared of just bringing out a new platform.

It raises the question of how much can you change something and it still resemble the original enough to call it the original. And Resident Evil has evolved so far that it's no longer Resident Evil. It's become a new species, and should be named as such.

For me, when you remove the zombies, the survival horror element, the puzzles, and the core storyline, you remove everything that makes it what it was. You might as well call Gears of War "Unreal 3" because it's made by the same company and they both have guns in. Those 2 games have about as much in common as Resi 5 does with, say, 2.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 27 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #2160

Serenity.

I really just want goddamn zombies and puzzles again.

On Operation Anchorage:Eurogamer gives it 5/10
I think he may be being too harsh, I think he was expecting a complete sort of expansion rather than a "virtual reality" mission, it is bound to lose some of what made the main game so good.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 142 143 144 145 146 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:41 AM