> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Atara
post Jan 29 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #2176

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 28 2009, 10:06 AM) *
I use a Maestro. The only thing I've had problems with are Xbox LIVE and Amazon.com (.co.uk works, at least). Fortunately, most online retailers offer PayPal now, but it's still annoying that I sometimes have to buy things off eBay that I could easily have imported through Amazon if I used a different card.

I have a Bank of Scotland account which has a visa bebit card, but there is no monies in there. i think most places are starting to cotton on to maestro so hopefully Live will follow suit.

Even though I never use it and have no intention of using it again
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jan 29 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #2177

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Rebus @ Jan 29 2009, 12:58 AM) *
Really? I remember a good whiff of the combat shotgun to the head usually sorting them right out.

They gave me no difficulties either. It was very creepy though, and for some reason it reminded me of Firefly with the whole "blue" thing.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Jan 29 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #2178

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (Atara @ Jan 29 2009, 08:15 AM) *
I have a Bank of Scotland account which has a visa bebit card, but there is no monies in there. i think most places are starting to cotton on to maestro so hopefully Live will follow suit.

Even though I never use it and have no intention of using it again

Yeah, I'm Lloyds and that;s a VISA debit card too. I've never had a problem using it anywhere at all. Kai, it may be worth asking your bank if they offer an alternative VISA debit card that you could switch to.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 29 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #2179

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Or I'll just scam a card on the cheap from my buddy that works at Game.

+Quote Post
logger
post Jan 29 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #2180

Guests

Now only need one bobblehead but can't find Rockopolis or get Daring Dashwood to send me looking for it.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jan 29 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #2181

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

So I've bought Operation Anchorage...

And I don't have a clue how to find the bastard thing...

I mean a hint or a new map marker or something would have been nice.

Resident Evil 5 is... "meh". I was expecting a lot more than what I got but I shall remain hopeful due to the two playable sections being incredibly short.

I have also been playing Broken Sword 2 lately, oh it's good.

On a seperate note, I think my parents may be setting me up to go to rehab for games... seriously.

EDIT: Ah, you get a radio signal randomly during play. The game still ends when it does though and I don't believe the level cap has been increased. I'm guessing there's still more to come in the form of DLC?

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Jan 29 2009, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 29 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #2182

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

I was only going to get it if it had the ending permanence removed

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Jan 29 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #2183

Member No.: 5,387

QUOTE (logger @ Jan 29 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Now only need one bobblehead but can't find Rockopolis or get Daring Dashwood to send me looking for it.

You wont find it on your map, you just have to hunt for it!

It is located due west of Smith Casey's Garage, due north of Girdershade and South East of the Yao Guai Tunnels. The entrance is a boulder that can be interacted with like any other door or entrance. Facing the boulder, there is one dead tree on the right, two on the left. There is a string of flags above the boulder. It is probably easiest to find at night, as there are lights glowing on the rock face as you approach it from the East. It should also be noted that the entrance is very close to the center of that particular square on the map.

This post has been edited by Drifter: Jan 29 2009, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
logger
post Jan 29 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #2184

Guests

What the heck happens at the end of Fallout? I'm not sure even Ron Perlman knows. Why didn't they just send Faulks into the radioactive chamber?

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Jan 29 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #2185

Member No.: 5,387

The ultimate sacrifice or you can send in Sarah Lyons. Ron Perlman as Hellboy would fit in perfectly.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 29 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #2186

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jan 29 2009, 08:32 PM) *
The game still ends when it does though and I don't believe the level cap has been increased. I'm guessing there's still more to come in the form of DLC?

I believe the level cap rise and game not endingwill be added in with the Broken steel DLC.

Killzone 2 sems to be getting favourable reviews across so far, most common complaint is lack of co-op which is a fair one.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Jan 29 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #2187

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

I'm SO behind the times, but Ellie and I really enjoyed playing co-op Halo 2 last weekend (at least, I think she did, sometimes it's hard to tell, but that's a different story). I like the Sci-Fi-ness of the whole thing, from the weapons, to vehicles, to environments and aliens... it's like being in a really cool SF book or film. Working as a team - on-screen and off - was quite exciting.

It has prepared me a little, I think, for trying Gears Of War again, which I was very bad at - having missed ALL the latest consoles since SNES and having no concept of the two control sticks (for looking AND moving!) - so we'll see how that turns out.

I've drifted away from Fable II a bit, because I just don't have the time to devote to it, and I seemed to be going round in circles in a particular stage... I like it though, it has the same transportative quality as Halo but in the Fantasy realm.

My other favourite is Soul Calibur 4, but being a mash-the-buttons-beat-em-up is frustratingly easy to pick up as a newbie, and the reason I have been beaten 50/50 by Ellie and Mr Jester who had never played before.

Games, yeah.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 29 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #2188

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

and when does Broken Steel come out?

+Quote Post
logger
post Jan 29 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #2189

Guests

I'd recommend Grand Theft Auto if you're a little rusty, it has simple pick up and playability and a steady learning curve. The Halo games are pretty good too.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 29 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #2190

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 29 2009, 09:14 PM) *
and when does Broken Steel come out?

March.
Most sites seem to be indicating March 15th.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 144 145 146 147 148 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:32 AM