zeden
post Feb 7 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #2281

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Dead rising 2 trailer leaked
I spot a new "mode of transport. Hopefully they remove the time constraints on the main game.

Did anyone get the Halo Wars demo? I'm quite interested to hear what people think of it.

Dead Rising 2 seems good to me. Looks to be set in Vegas, or somewhere close thematically.
That voice at the end makes me think that there's going ot be some kind of fire bomb strike to wipe out the city, you've got to make and escape before it does. I'd be surprised if they completely removed the time constraint element for the main game. I really liked being forced to think hard about my actions and not just aimlessly muck about.
No sign of Frank, though he's surely got to have survived the first game because Isabella gets a mention during the trailer and she would have been screwed without him at the end of the first game.

Played the tutorial and first level of Halo Wars. Felt like the lightest RTS I've ever played. Victory was a case of putting unit a next to unit b and waiting. The impression I get is that the unit choices are very limited and as such tactics are too. The first level provided absolutely no tactical option apart from moving the units next to each other to fight. I'm unimpressed, but mostly because it's not as much fun as C&C.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Feb 7 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #2282

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 7 2009, 08:26 AM) *
I really liked being forced to think hard about my actions and not just aimlessly muck about.

And I really like just aimlessly mucking about.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Feb 7 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #2283

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 6 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Move to Hard bass first, then guitar. If memory serves you can't just play career on bass in GH3 so you might have to do quick play or practice. I know a few people I've ear bashed into getting better and they've all said that stepping up to hard on bass first made the transition to guitar easier.
Aside from that my only advice is keep a cool head. Missing notes on higher levels can make it hard to find your place if you start frantically hammering buttons. Resign yourself to missing four or five notes and get back on track asap.

Only got Satch Boogie and BYOB left on Expert guitar on the latest game. Might have to give them a bash over the weekend. I'll probably be trying to finish co-op career online too, if anyone cares to help out.

Yeah I'm stuck on Satch Boogie, BYOB and Hot For Teacher at the moment. Annoying really as every other song up to those I completed on first or second attempt on expert.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Hopefully they remove the time constraints on the main game.

I hope they don't. That was part of the gameplay.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 7 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #2284

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Meh, I guess I just didn't enjoy that aspect of it, I felt that I didn't have time to explore and discover things outside of what you might discover doing the main game. You got some free time to explore, but would always have to be mindful to return to the safety room in time which I didn't like.

QUOTE (Rebus @ Feb 7 2009, 03:13 AM) *
I was fairly confused, I grew up pretty close to him, and am friends with his nephew so didn't quite know what to think. I'm taking a bit of a break from Fallout 3 and clocking in some time on LOTRO. I was never into mmorpgs but this one has me a little addicted.

What do you play as in LOTRO? The game is excellent though it would be nice if you cvould level through grinding mobs instead of grinding quests.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Feb 7 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #2285

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Meh, I guess I just didn't enjoy that aspect of it, I felt that I didn't have time to explore and discover things outside of what you might discover doing the main game. You got some free time to explore, but would always have to be mindful to return to the safety room in time which I didn't like.

I think it is a good thing, too much freedom would mean if I played it I'd piss around for hours, get bored and never touch it again. At least the time constraints give it some challenge.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Feb 7 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #2286

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

Dead Rising 2? Awwwww, yeah!

Time constraints remain!

Fallout 3 DLC? It's poo but the end results almost make up for it. Ga(u?)ss Rifle!!!!

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Feb 7 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #2287

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Feb 7 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Yeah I'm stuck on Satch Boogie, BYOB and Hot For Teacher at the moment. Annoying really as every other song up to those I completed on first or second attempt on expert.

I didn't find any of those songs that hard to beat on expert. My nephew was complaining that he could beat those songs and I never could. About 20-30 minutes later I proved him wrong. I think that the songs on World Tour were much easier than GH:III and I'm not the best when it comes to Guitar Hero.

My friend got his Playstation 3 hooked up to his internet and he bought Call of Duty: World At War. I was playing it for a bit and managed to knife two people in a row which I think is a great feat considering I was dieing within seconds every time I spawned. I never played online before I noticed that there are really some people out there who whine a lot. I thought it was hilarious listening to some guy string together a list of profanities. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Feb 7 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #2288

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Feb 7 2009, 07:28 PM) *
I didn't find any of those songs that hard to beat on expert. My nephew was complaining that he could beat those songs and I never could. About 20-30 minutes later I proved him wrong. I think that the songs on World Tour were much easier than GH:III and I'm not the best when it comes to Guitar Hero.

To be fair, I've only had about 2 attempts at Satch Boogie and Hot For Teacher, and then thought "they look like they'll need some practice, I'll do that later"... and haven't done yet. I don't get BYOB though. I'm convinced I've got that rhythm right at the beginning yet it still fails me every time.

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Feb 7 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #2289

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

I thought I needed practice with Take This Life in Guitar Hero 3. About 50 tries later I still cannot get past the first part. That song and Through the Fire and Flames are the only songs in my way from completing every song. Have you beaten them? If so, any suggestions on how to beat them?

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Feb 7 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #2290

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

Hot For Teacher? BYOB? Satch Boogie?

Criminy, I really need to revisit GH3.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 7 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #2291

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

So I was reading an article about Konami banning a bunch of people for cheating/glitching in Metal Gear Online and in the comments someone posted this video of griefing in TF2, the second half is gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ...online-accounts

It would make me so angry if someone did that where I played, I used to knife people using aimbots on my own team in BF2, but still, it made me laugh.

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Feb 7 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #2292

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2009, 09:18 PM) *
So I was reading an article about Konami banning a bunch of people for cheating/glitching in Metal Gear Online and in the comments someone posted this video of griefing in TF2, the second half is gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ...online-accounts

It would make me so angry if someone did that where I played, I used to knife people using aimbots on my own team in BF2, but still, it made me laugh.

Pretty annoying, and hilarious

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Feb 7 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #2293

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Feb 7 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I thought I needed practice with Take This Life in Guitar Hero 3. About 50 tries later I still cannot get past the first part. That song and Through the Fire and Flames are the only songs in my way from completing every song. Have you beaten them? If so, any suggestions on how to beat them?

I think I beat Take This Life, but I'm not sure now. I am a big In Flames fan though and I knew that song like the back of my hand before even trying it. It's just all off-beat at the start, if you strum up and down I tend to do the stronger notes (the ones in time with the snare drum) on the upwards strum.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Feb 8 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #2294

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Playing on Tomb Raider: Legend today has made me want Tomb Raider: Underworld.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Feb 9 2009, 05:16 AM
Post #2295

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Feb 7 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Hot For Teacher? BYOB? Satch Boogie?

Criminy, I really need to revisit GH3.

Dude, that's GHWT, not GH3.