Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Mar 22 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #2701

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,662

I'm enjoying RE5 (I'm on the last chapter now) but as zeden says it's not as good as RE4, which is odd as most of the same basic components are in place. The last few chapters are excellent but the pace is off somewhat and the opening chapters feel stretched out and lacking in focus and plot.

It's better than Zero, which I still think is the weakest RE game but a bit of a re-think is going to be needed for RE6. I still think that a return to zombies is the wrong move though, no matter what anyone says. They can still come up with great B.O.W. bosses too, there are some classic encounters in RE5. In fact the best bits of the game come when you are away from hordes of infected humans and dealing with monsters, which are always going to be more fun.

I'd also agree that I enjoyed Dead Space more, partly because there's a limit to how long I can handle another NPC hanging around nattering in my ear but mostly due to the limbing chopping and bucketloads of blood.

Anyway there you go. Any news on a release date for Bioshock 2? (apologies if this has already been mentioned)

This post has been edited by Sir_Robin_the_brave: Mar 22 2009, 06:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 22 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #2702

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 22 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Top 10 Most Controversial Games

according to Yahoo

10. Death Race - arcade game from 1976
9. Mortal Combat - arcade - 1992
8. Doom - PC - 1993
7. Postal - PC - 1997
6. GTA San Andreas - Various formats - 2004
5. Resistance: Fall of Man - Playstation 3 - 2006
4. Manhunt 2 - Various formats - 2007
3. Mass Effect - Xbox 360 - 2007
2. LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3 - 2008
1. Resident Evil 5 - PS3/Xbox 360 - 2008

Controversial Top 10

That's not a Top 10, they've just listed them in chronological order...

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Mar 22 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #2703

Member No.: 5,387

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Mar 22 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Anyway there you go. Any news on a release date for Bioshock 2? (apologies if this has already been mentioned)

I read somewhere around August/September this year but dont quote me on that.

As for the list, it is Yahoo after all, its going to be a pointless list in the beginning.

This post has been edited by Drifter: Mar 22 2009, 07:54 PM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 22 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #2704

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 22 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Can you tell me if you find out anything about Jill, is she actually dead? Is she actually in the game?
Resident evil needs zombies, pure and simple. Fuck off with this Las Plagas shite.

What Underspaced said, plus she's inexplicably blond for no reason at all.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Mar 22 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #2705

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

That Top 10 list makes no sense. I agree with Nonus that Carmageddon ought to be on there; that's the first one I looked for. Also, why San Andreas and not plain, old GTA 3?

Oh, yeah, Hot Coffee.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Mar 22 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #2706

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 22 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Plus she looks about 12 for some reason.

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Mar 22 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #2707

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 22 2009, 06:07 PM) *

Apparently there is an explanation, I just missed it the same as you did.

But if you read the computer right after fighting U-8 on the platform. It explains that her pigments lightened and her skin paled as a side-effect of her enhancement.

I just found that online. I guess it makes sense now.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 23 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #2708

When doves cry

Riiiight... What an utterly needless change to such a well established character.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 23 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #2709

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Mar 22 2009, 06:01 PM) *
She's in the game. She's not dead and it is blatantly obvious when playing the game. There are two scenes that come to my mind where you can put everything together. You find out what happens to her in the cut scenes and why she is not with Chris.

Any more info than that? i am genuinely intriuged as to why they had teasers of her grave and what shes been up to since the last games. Most sites I've looked at for info either aren't saying so they don't spoil it for people or are blocked to me at work

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Mar 22 2009, 06:19 PM) *
I still think that a return to zombies is the wrong move though, no matter what anyone says. They can still come up with great B.O.W. bosses too, there are some classic encounters in RE5. In fact the best bits of the game come when you are away from hordes of infected humans and dealing with monsters, which are always going to be more fun.

But the thing is all other resi games had zombies and monsters. Which is what it needs to go back to The human enemies in the game ned to be zombies with a few fucked up monsters amde from them, the rest should be weird fucked up creatures. it works and is far more interesting then the plague crap + a few fucked up monsters. the monsters that weren't derived from humand were the best things about Resi 4.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Mar 23 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #2710

Maybe just ditch the human/zombie/whatever characters and just give us the monsters. B.O.W's all the way. I'd enjoy that.

I'm sure there are a few animals that haven't had the T-Virus/Plaga treatment yet.

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Mar 23 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #2711

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 23 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Riiiight... What an utterly needless change to such a well established character.

So true.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 23 2009, 06:52 AM) *
Any more info than that? i am genuinely intrigued as to why they had teasers of her grave and what shes been up to since the last games. Most sites I've looked at for info either aren't saying so they don't spoil it for people or are blocked to me at work.

Before Resident Evil 5, Chris and Jill were looking for Wesker to take him down. They find him at a house on the side of a cliff (can you guess what's going to happen?). Chris and Jill try to stop Wesker but he's too strong for them. He does his evil fighting moves and is about to kill Chris, when Jill tackles him and they both fall out the window to their apparent deaths in the waters below. In the game Chris even mentions they didn't find any bodies, and in another cut scene a lady in a mask comes to rescue one of the bad guys and Sheva has some look on her face when she sees the masked lady, like she knows who it might be.

I think that's right, at least that's how I remember it.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 23 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #2712

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

So it's never really tied up? I mean, is any of the plot that started in Resi4 and has gone through 5 tied up? It would be odd of them not to if they are going to reboot the series with the next Resi.
Think I'm going to rent Dead Space this week/end

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Mar 23 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #2713

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I just installed Far Cry 2 and am quite enjoying it. Although the apparent lack of any kind of link to the first game makes me wonder why it is labelled as such. Also, playing it on the PC, the concessions made for the console market are so very apparent. The most obvious being the big glowing blue save points even though it has a quick save / load function.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Mar 23 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #2714

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Mar 23 2009, 06:32 PM) *
I just installed Far Cry 2 and am quite enjoying it. Although the apparent lack of any kind of link to the first game makes me wonder why it is labelled as such. Also, playing it on the PC, the concessions made for the console market are so very apparent. The most obvious being the big glowing blue save points even though it has a quick save / load function.

It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the first game as far as I can tell. It's a completely different game that's had a successful game's title slapped on it. It's ok for a bit but it just gets tiresome with its cut and paste game design.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 24 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #2715

When doves cry

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Mar 23 2009, 05:21 PM) *
ANSWER TO CHRIS' QUESTION
I think that's right, at least that's how I remember it.

The only thing you missed was that the cliff side house they visited belonged to Spencer, creator of the original virus. How Chris and Jill knew where that was let alone knew that Wesker was there is beyond me.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 23 2009, 06:30 PM) *
So it's never really tied up? I mean, is any of the plot that started in Resi4 and has gone through 5 tied up? It would be odd of them not to if they are going to reboot the series with the next Resi.
Think I'm going to rent Dead Space this week/end

You'll have to be a little more specific about what bits you're thinking of from RE4 that should be tied up, but off the top of my head there's pretty much nothing that crosses between the games aside from a reference to the "Kennedy Report" mentioning Las Plagas.

I'm borrowing a copy of Left 4 Dead right now so if anyone spots me online and fancies a game drop me a line.
Admittedly it's unlikely anyone will spot me seeing as I'm only really online between about 9am and 12, but I need to ask because that game is nothing without human partners.
Gamertag's zedenp by the way, just in case there's anyone who's not got me added.

Edit:Just watched this video regarding GTA4 of some moronic American pundits from a while back, including the notorious Jack Thompson. Couldn't help but laugh out loud at how utterly wrong they got the plot and what's possible in the game, especially the stuff about visiting a strip club.

This post has been edited by zeden: Mar 24 2009, 08:01 AM

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 179 180 181 182 183 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:58 AM