Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Mar 24 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #2716

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

I had assumed the Las Plagas that reared it's head in Resi4 was the same as what the people are infected with in Resi 5. I was wondering if there was any connections to the two games (but I guess only minor ones like you mentioned), if any plot points are tied up, like who is spreading it, have they stopped it, did Jill just make what was essentially a cameo; and is that it now that Resi 6 will be a reboot (apparantly).

I guess it's stuff I'll be able to find online at home when I get a chance though.

I think I'm going to rent Dead Space this week. i may have mentioned that already.

EDIT: The Cryengine 3 which will (apparantly) run on the PS3 and 360 looks pretty.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Mar 24 2009, 12:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 24 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #2717

Guests

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 24 2009, 07:37 AM) *
Just watched this video regarding GTA4 of some moronic American pundits from a while back, including the notorious Jack Thompson. Couldn't help but laugh out loud at how utterly wrong they got the plot and what's possible in the game, especially the stuff about visiting a strip club.

The Onion gets funnier and funnier.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 24 2009, 11:19 AM) *
I think I'm going to rent Dead Space this week. i may have mentioned that already.

I bought that in January and I've still not taken it out of the box and I don't know why. I think I'll play it tonight.

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 24 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #2718

Guests

Dead Space is good and scary.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Mar 24 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #2719

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

I haven't quite finished Resi 5 yet but whatever happened to the traditional voodoo-ness that was promised?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Mar 25 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #2720

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

The Pitt is so much better than Operation: Anchorage was.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 25 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #2721

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Tomb Raider: Underworld for £14.99 on Play? Mine!

+Quote Post
ella
post Mar 25 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #2722

Mrs P

Member No.: 2,360

Went home this weekend and brought my Wii back down with me. House of the Dead: Overkill is about to get some serious attention.

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 25 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #2723

Guests

Very much into Dead Space now. The plot is basically Resident Evil in space, although the atmosphere is excellent making it the scariest game I've played in ages. The setting is very well realised and the whole game's sci fi-ness is very well done. And the fact that you have to kill the baddies by aiming for their limbs rather than just unloading into the torso adds more to the game play. The closest thing to a downside so far are the fairly over familiar story and the introduction of the dreaded monster that can't be killed but these are just minor complaints.

So far very good.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Mar 26 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #2724

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

Glad you're enjoying it. Apparently there's a prequel on the way, though annoyingly it appears to be a wii exclusive.

I really can't afford to be buying any more consoles.

This post has been edited by Sir_Robin_the_brave: Mar 26 2009, 11:53 AM

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Mar 26 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #2725

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

New Zelda on the DS: Spirit Tracks.

You get to ride in a choo-choo and everything! I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass - despite that returning to the temple the whole time mechanic - so another DS adventure is good news.

Actually been playing my DS a lot recently. Played Flower, Sun and Rain, an incredibly quirky detective game with bizarre game mechanics and hilarious dialogue, but that's what you'd expect from Suda 51, he of No More Heroes and Killer 7. Finished Professor Layton a while back which was really addictive and put together with great care and affection. Currently working through The World Ends With You, which is one of the most innovative and stylish RPGs in a long time, and Bangai-O Spirits which is a nutty but entertaining puzzly/platforming/shooter from Treasure that defies explanation (as you might have gathered) and takes a bit of getting used to (in terms of controls and not dying within seconds of starting a level), but it's a hoot once you do and has a thorough level creating mode too.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 27 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #2726

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Hah, Takeshi Kitano is awesome. He made a game for the Famicom that was a massive pisstake, it sounds hilarious.
Clicky
Main article here

Takeshi's Challenge followed a salaryman as he beat up yakuza, played pachinko and divorced his wife. Selling around 800,000 copies, it was anything by typical. The title screen read: "This game is made by a man who hates videogames."

The game did things like having players sing into the mic on the original Famicom controller for an hour. Doing this successfully causes everyone in the bar to attack you. In another part, players must hold down the select button for hours.

The final boss takes 20,000 hits to defeat. After defeating him, Takeshi appears on screen saying that the game isn't very good.

It gets better. After this Takeshi dispenses with all metaphor and has you literally sit and do nothing in front of your TV for, wait for it, four hours before you can progress to the next level. No cheating though: to ensure you really are sat in front of your warming Famicom and not off sleeping to pass the time, the game requires you hold down the íselectí button for the full duration.

Brilliant.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 27 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #2727

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

That sounds amazing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Mar 27 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #2728

Life's a grave, dig it.

If I trade in all my X360 games I should be able to afford a Wii with House Of The Dead: Overkill and this Mad World thing.

Does anyone reckon it'd be worth it? I'm just sick of shooting things in the face, I want games to be fun again.

I know that The House Of The Dead isn't exactly a good choice when I'm bored of shooting things on the face but hey, it's Nintendo ffs.

A new Wii-based Final Fantasy game has made me a little bit wet to be honest, let's hope it's more 9 than Crystal Chronicles.

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Mar 27 2009, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Mar 27 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #2729

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Mar 27 2009, 06:29 PM) *
I know that The House Of The Dead isn't exactly a good choice when I'm bored of shooting things on the face but hey, it's Nintendo ffs. .

Well, Sega, really. It's great fun, though, with the replayability compensating for the painfully short lifespan...

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Mar 27 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #2730

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Mar 27 2009, 06:52 PM) *
Well, Sega, really. It's great fun, though, with the replayability compensating for the painfully short lifespan...

I meant the console on a whole.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 180 181 182 183 184 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:13 PM