Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Mar 31 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #2761

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

Actually I thought it made sense that all the ammo and stuff was on the ship, as every one of the weapons was a mining tool. Except the pulse rifle, that shouldn't have been on the Ishimura. I did think it was silly that all these mining tools/ammo were on the marines ship though laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Mar 31 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #2762

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

But if you'd only found pulse rifle amo on the marine ship and you weren't using one, that level would suck. It's one of those points where gameplay and plot conflict, and in that case, gameplay should always come out on top and you just have to overlook the plot inconsistancy. It was good that they went to the effort of making the mining tools weapons to make the gameplay and plot work together, and to be fair, you'd expect at least some weapons to be around on a ship that size, even if just for security.

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 31 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #2763

Guests

I was only joking. Every game has weapons and ammo scattered everywhere, basically because you need it. It's the same as shooters having crates everywhere for cover.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Mar 31 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #2764

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 31 2009, 02:48 PM) *
I think I might get Farcry 2 this month and Folklore next month. Or both now. 15 each is good, even if they're pre-owned.

Or get Folklore now, you know, since I am off work with sod all to do and can play it, wheras next month I'll have a baby so won't need to kill time.... no? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 31 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #2765

Serenity.

Indeed indeed.

I beat the zero-G basketball, that was a bit easy, I never did find the shooting range though which surprises (and annoys) me as I tend to explore every square inch of a game and end up collecting far to many items for my own good.

I liked the different suits you could buy and that they would get extra ribbing as you bought higher level ones, and how your HP bars would increase as you upgraded, being able to choose how,when and what to upgrade is always good.

QUOTE (Atara @ Mar 31 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Or get Folklore now, you know, since I am off work with sod all to do and can play it, wheras next month I'll have a baby so won't need to kill time.... no? tongue.gif

I think I'll just get both. I fancy playing Farcry 2, and this way you have something to play whilst you are bored that I can play another time smile.gif

EDIT: I'm also a bit annoyed the Yank PSN got a Red alert 3 demo and the European/Uk one didn't. Hopefully it'll be there this week.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Mar 31 2009, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 31 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #2766

Guests

I found the shooting range but never used it because I was scared of wasting ammo. I can't really remember where it was but I think it was near where you had to slow down the laser beams coming down from the ceiling.

edit: Just looked online and it's just before the malfunctioning laser thing. You don't have to worry about ammo either as it doesn't use any of yours.

This post has been edited by logger: Mar 31 2009, 03:23 PM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Mar 31 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #2767

The shooting range was on the marine ship. You don't have to worry about wasting ammo because it give you unlimited ammo while you're using the range.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 31 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #2768

Serenity.

Well I bought Farcry 2 and Folklore so I doubt Dead Space will get a look before I have to return it on saturday, might buy it pre-owned at some point though.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Mar 31 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #2769

The ol' Rock Band drum kit has come out again recently, made a good start by beating Children of Bodom on expert. It'd be so much better with a double bass pedal though.

Edit: Just downloaded the Guitar Hero Metallica demo too. Sad But True is piss easy on drums, 4 starred it sightread on expert.

This post has been edited by Nonus Aequilibrium: Mar 31 2009, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 31 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #2770

Serenity.

I do love Hideo Kojima

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 31 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #2771

Guests

I've started to enjoy shooting the guy who is your partner in Killzone 2 every time he gets in my way. He does move pretty sharpish when he gets shot.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 31 2009, 10:06 PM) *

Was that Raiden and Vamp fighting?

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 1 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #2772

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

I'm an idiot. I started playing Bioshock on Normal but as soon as the plane crashes at the start I switched to Hard. It seems that this means I can't get the acheivement for completing it on difficult. Unfortunately I only found that out when I finished and didn't get the last acheivement...bugger.

I guess at some point I'll return to it and get the Brass Balls acheivement and that one but I'm annoyed as it was going to be the first game I ever got full acheivements on.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Apr 1 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #2773

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 1 2009, 09:19 AM) *
I'm an idiot. I started playing Bioshock on Normal but as soon as the plane crashes at the start I switched to Hard. It seems that this means I can't get the acheivement for completing it on difficult. Unfortunately I only found that out when I finished and didn't get the last acheivement...bugger.

I guess at some point I'll return to it and get the Brass Balls acheivement and that one but I'm annoyed as it was going to be the first game I ever got full acheivements on.

That's annoying. It could have at least given you a clear warning when you did it right at the start that you wouldn't get credit for finishing on hard.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 1 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #2774

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Apr 1 2009, 10:10 AM) *
That's annoying. It could have at least given you a clear warning when you did it right at the start that you wouldn't get credit for finishing on hard.

I'll still have to replay it to get the Vitachamber acheivement anyway so it would have been a hollow victory I suppose. I'll leave it a year and play it again I guess. Deadspace time tonight though. It just arrived.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 1 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #2775

Serenity.

QUOTE (logger @ Mar 31 2009, 11:09 PM) *
I've started to enjoy shooting the guy who is your partner in Killzone 2 every time he gets in my way. He does move pretty sharpish when he gets shot.

Yeah a good rifle smash gets him outta the way as well. What do you think of it so far?

Was that Raiden and Vamp fighting?
Yup. Kojimas face is great as he realises he's going to have to join in laugh.gif. I believe thats also Cliff Bleszinski (Gears of War dev) at the end getting hit as well.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 183 184 185 186 187 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:45 AM