Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 18 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #2911

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

I'm pretty sure some fans are finishing it off, based on stuff included in the code and things told to them by the developers etc. Kind of like when Sonic Xtreme was being worked on, except actually getting somewhere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Apr 19 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #2912

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Yeah, I've been to their forums and don't hold out much hope. Mostly because what they seem to be considered "great concept art" looks to my eyes like the scrawlings of a primary school student. Some of them are even done on lined paper!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 19 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #2913

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Funny this should get a mention because the site was updated just today - Final Sith Lords Restoration Trailer
Going by the end of it they're a little behind their expected schedule, and then some, but it is nearly done. The bug tracker only had about 90 left on the counter, mostly minor stuff like characters being referred to as the wrong sex, and there's mention of a public release on their "Work in progress" page.
I've got high hopes for the release seeing as it's putting so much back into the game that ought to have been finished before release. I think I've posted this before, but here's a big list of stuff that's going back in. Looking forward to getting a look at the droid factory and finally getting answers about the other HK assassins.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 20 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #2914

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is available to download for free on 360 tomorrow! It will include the two other campaigns playable in Versus mode as well as Survival mode which pits players against an unending wave of the undead.

Great news although it's still yet to get old. I think its because I only ever play it when there are a group of mates online and therefore haven't overplayed it. Had a great campaign on Dead Air last night with all but one of us surviving. He died about 10 seconds before the end as well. Gutted.

+Quote Post
dabariocca
post Apr 20 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #2915

Burly legal

Member No.: 4,655

Sweet! Bout time for new levels. I've been playing some mod maps which are fine but suck if your friends are too scared to play them ncase it screws up their program.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 20 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #2916

When doves cry

Good stuff, I got another borrow if it just today.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Apr 21 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #2917

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

Have Obsidian ever made a game of their own? Apparently they're making Fallout: New Vegas, yet another sequel to someone else's series.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 21 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #2918

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Llama @ Apr 17 2009, 06:01 PM) *
Well I bought myself a PSP a few days ago and have been glued to Patapon since. Got Crisis Core and God of War with it too. Anyone got any recommendations of other good games for the console?

You definetely have a fantastic selection there already, God of War is as good (and better in some respects) then the PS2 versions. Patapon is amazingly fun and addictive as well, the seqeul is more of the same with a few tweaks (you get an awesome hero unit who has special attacks that kick in when you hit the drum beats perfectly) so I can recommend that if you still have the fever after finishing.
If you like puzzle games I can highly recommend Echochrome, it's fantastic and really forces you to think about the perception of the game screen (though the jumps can be a bitch to get right)

I'd also go with Joe and recommend Tales of Eternia, it's a very good RPG (though the American voice acting is horrific).

I'd also highlyhighlyhighly recommend Disgaea, one of my all time favourite RPG's, it has a fantastic sense of humour to it; it is a bit of a grindfest but only if you want it to be. You can go into the item world which resides in each item in the game, depending on how rare the item is changes the amount of levels in the item and what boss is at the end. Gold weapons have 100 floors and have Gods at the end, for each level you descend your item will level up...You don't have to go into weapons to make them stronger but you will have to if you want to enter some of the harder unlockable areas as they are friggin solid. I believe you can level up to 9999 as well but as I said, only if you want to. There's all sorts of other nuances to the item world and the game in general but I could literally write pages and pages about how good it is, I'm sure Zeden would happily throw a recommendation in as well.

Do you like the metal Gear Solid games? Metal gear Solid: portable Ops (not the Plus one) is a very very enjoyable experience, great little bitesize missions with a fair bit of depth to them and some interesting uses of the PSP's WiFi.

I can't remember all the games I have, but I'll have another look when I get in and probably recommend some more for you.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 21 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #2919

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway is excellent so far. I'd forgotten how good the mechanics of having two squads/surpressing/flanking was and I'm loving it again. Also, the plot is pretty good so far and you can tell that they take the source material very seriously. Its just a shame that sometimes the Friendly AI decides to shelter on the wrong side of cover every now and again. Dickheads.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 21 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #2920

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

I know I'm really behind the times, but I'm loving Gears of War at the moment. Ellie and I have nearly reached the end of Act 2 in a couple of long co-op sessions. Compared to Halo 2 & 3 - which I really liked playing - the level of control over your character and the third-person perspective makes for a more satisfying and immersive experience. Moving in and out of cover is an exciting way of playing because it requires more consideration of your mortality than running around out-blasting things does. The range of movement is excellent too. Playing on 'casual' mode is just about my level at the moment; definitely not easy but not impossible with some strategic thinking and practice.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Apr 21 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #2921

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 21 2009, 02:15 PM) *
[Stuffs]

Do you like the metal Gear Solid games? Metal gear Solid: portable Ops (not the Plus one) is a very very enjoyable experience, great little bitesize missions with a fair bit of depth to them and some interesting uses of the PSP's WiFi.

I can't remember all the games I have, but I'll have another look when I get in and probably recommend some more for you.

Thanks for all that! Disgaea sounds really interesting so I'll definitely look into that one.

I enjoyed the very first MGS on the PS1, and have had a look at reviews for Portable Ops, so maybe I'll check that out too now I've heard from a proper person (rather than a website review) who thinks it's worth it.

Anything you can recommend would be great. I'm in no rush though, I'm sure the games I've got at the moment will keep me occupied for a while smile.gif

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 22 2009, 07:26 AM
Post #2922

When doves cry

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 21 2009, 02:15 PM) *
I'm sure Zeden would happily throw a recommendation in as well.

I highly recommend Disgaea. wink.gif

Been playing Xenogears at work for the last two nights and I'm at a loss as to why it never quite made it to the UK because it's ruddy brilliant. It fits the JRPG mold fairly well but has thus far been separated from the crowd by virtue of it's great cut scenes and intriguingly bleak plot, not to mention a satisfying move system. Once I've finished it I'll have completed everything Squaresoft released during their 1998 RPG glut, something I'm actually sad enough to take a small amount of geeky pride in. Now I just need to endure Chocobo Racing and I'll be able to call myself a truly hardcore gamer.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 22 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #2923

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Ugh, chocobo racing, so unnecessary. I just levelled up and spanked all the weapons in FF7, speaking of which; FF7 has been released on the Japanese PSN playable on PS3 and PSP, so it may come to EU/US stores soon. I already played and finished on my PSP but it'd be another great addition to the PSN. I believe MGS is on the way to the store as well.

I stopped playing Xenogears for various reasons (new games/baby etc) and I dunno if i'm going to be able to get back into it. This always happens to me with RPG's, If I leave them for too long i just can't bring myself to start playing again. Having said that I did really really like Xenogears so I think I'll stick it back on my PSP over the weekend, it'll give me something to do at work. Though I am also tempted to play some more of Disgaea (though my save file for it may be on my PC as it isn't on my memory stick....).

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 22 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #2924

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 21 2009, 03:14 PM) *
I know I'm really behind the times, but I'm loving Gears of War at the moment. Ellie and I have nearly reached the end of Act 2 in a couple of long co-op sessions. Compared to Halo 2 & 3 - which I really liked playing - the level of control over your character and the third-person perspective makes for a more satisfying and immersive experience. Moving in and out of cover is an exciting way of playing because it requires more consideration of your mortality than running around out-blasting things does. The range of movement is excellent too. Playing on 'casual' mode is just about my level at the moment; definitely not easy but not impossible with some strategic thinking and practice.

After our conversation on Saturday, Beautiful Katamari is very fun on Co-Op. Sarah and I gave it a go last night and laughed like idiots the whole way through. It's bizzare because you both have to control the same Katamari which means that if you want to go in opposite directions then it just stops dead. Its amazing how in synch we were with each other and how we both instinctively went the same way. Great fun.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 22 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #2925

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 22 2009, 10:07 AM) *
After our conversation on Saturday, Beautiful Katamari is very fun on Co-Op. Sarah and I gave it a go last night and laughed like idiots the whole way through. It's bizarre because you both have to control the same Katamari which means that if you want to go in opposite directions then it just stops dead. Its amazing how in synch we were with each other and how we both instinctively went the same way. Great fun.

See? Romance isn't dead. Try rewarding yourselves with a quickie each time you complete a level.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 193 194 195 196 197 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:14 PM