Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
zeden
post Aug 11 2008, 07:15 AM
Post #331

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

Went to a Soul Calibur competition yesterday and absolutely thrashed the competition. Only one guy stood a chance against me and actually won a match thanks to a very cheeky ring out.
Got a limited edition strategy guide along with the soundtrack for my effort. It's a bit silly that I'd have to win a competition in order to get a strategy guide I don't need because I know the game well enough to kick ass anyway.
At least it explains what you have to do to unlock the treasure in Tower of Souls mode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Aug 11 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #332

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 11 2008, 08:15 AM)
Went to a Soul Calibur competition yesterday and absolutely thrashed the competition. Only one guy stood a chance against me and actually won a match thanks to a very cheeky ring out.
Got a limited edition strategy guide along with the soundtrack for my effort. It's a bit silly that I'd have to win a competition in order to get a strategy guide I don't need because I know the game well enough to kick ass anyway.
At least it explains what you have to do to unlock the treasure in Tower of Souls mode.

Nice one.

I actually don't get strategy guides so much for hints and tips as the artwork, interviews and extra bits and pieces they tend to add to them. Just a good book to accompany the series, as the telly man might say.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Aug 11 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #333

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

I want to play Rock Band with you all online as well. In fact, if that's 4 of us then we have a full band there. Jimmay557 is my gamertag.

I got a load of mates over on Friday and we played 7 player Rock Band. 2 singers, a bassist, guitarist and 3 people playing the drums. I'll post the pictures up in a bit.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 11 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #334

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 11 2008, 09:35 AM)
I want to play Rock Band with you all online as well.  In fact, if that's 4 of us then we have a full band there.  Jimmay557 is my gamertag.

I got a load of mates over on Friday and we played 7 player Rock Band.  2 singers, a bassist, guitarist and 3 people playing the drums.  I'll post the pictures up in a bit.

There shall be a friend request coming your way, sir.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Aug 11 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #335

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 11 2008, 08:15 AM)

Well done!

I've played 4 ranked games online and lost all of them so far. I don't get the matchmaking though. I'm level 1 with 0 wins, and I'm being matched against level 30 and 40 people, with 100s of wins and 50 odd losses. Doesn't seem particularly even.

Maybe I'm used to Halo's excellent matchmaking and skill matching system, but this seems way out of wack. Perhaps there just isn't enough people playing.

This post has been edited by Jubei: Aug 11 2008, 10:47 AM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 11 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #336

QUOTE (Jubei @ Aug 11 2008, 11:47 AM)
Well done!

I've played 4 ranked games online and lost all of them so far. I don't get the matchmaking though. I'm level 1 with 0 wins, and I'm being matched against level 30 and 40 people, with 100s of wins and 50 odd losses.  Doesn't seem particularly even.

Maybe I'm used to Halo's excellent matchmaking and skill matching system, but this seems way out of wack.  Perhaps there just isn't enough people playing.

The matchmaking probably isn't a lot different, it's just there's probably a hell of a lot less people playing that than there are people playing Halo. The game's got the option of putting you in a badly balanced match or not giving you a match at all, so presumably that's the best it can do at the time.

+Quote Post
Flame7581
post Aug 11 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #337

Smiles awake you when you rise.

Member No.: 6,593

I seem to be addicted to the Zelda crossbow for the Wii. Even the stupid little game that it came with.. Maybe I have some aggression issues because I just love shooting things.. Especially the giant watermelons <lol>

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 11 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #338

Absolutely brilliant songs coming as DLC for Rock Band tomorrow apparently:

Devildriver - "Clouds over California"
Machine Head - "Aesthetics of Hate"
Dream Theater - "Constant Motion"
Killswitch Engage - "My Curse"

+Quote Post
zeden
post Aug 11 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #339

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Aug 11 2008, 07:44 AM)
I actually don't get strategy guides so much for hints and tips as the artwork, interviews and extra bits and pieces they tend to add to them. Just a good book to accompany the series, as the telly man might say.

Alas this guide isn't quite up to that standard. It's a move list and single player walk through and that's it. Even the art is old hat because it's all in the games museum mode. Shame really.

QUOTE (Jubei @ Aug 11 2008, 10:47 AM)
I've played 4 ranked games online and lost all of them so far. I don't get the matchmaking though. I'm level 1 with 0 wins, and I'm being matched against level 30 and 40 people, with 100s of wins and 50 odd losses.  Doesn't seem particularly even.

It is a crappy system isn't it? Playing at my friends place the other day it became apparent that a lot of the higher level players are cheap, system cheating fools. My friend is a high level (approaching 40) and has a very hard time playing anyone for the following reasons - low level players wont touch him because of his near 2-1 win ratio and the seemingly large numbers of high level cheaters only play low level newbies to boost their level.
The sheer number of times we were matched, and rematched straight after in many cases, to a high level cheater who instantly quited the session was stupid. Ten minutes searching for somone actually willing to start a match is pretty crappy. And you can't leave feedback for the lobby quitters to avoid them because you actually have to play a match to give feedback.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 11 2008, 03:59 PM)
Killswitch Engage - "My Curse"

From GH3? Lazy buggers. And End of Heartache is a better song to boot.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 11 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #340

QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 11 2008, 05:19 PM)
From GH3? Lazy buggers. And End of Heartache is a better song to boot.

True, but it's probably Roadrunner trying to push their later albums.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Aug 11 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #341

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 11 2008, 05:19 PM)
It is a crappy system isn't it? Playing at my friends place the other day it became apparent that a lot of the higher level players are cheap, system cheating fools. My friend is a high level (approaching 40) and has a very hard time playing anyone for the following reasons - low level players wont touch him because of his near 2-1 win ratio and the seemingly large numbers of high level cheaters only play low level newbies to boost their level.
The sheer number of times we were matched, and rematched straight after in many cases, to a high level cheater who instantly quited the session was stupid. Ten minutes searching for somone actually willing to start a match is pretty crappy. And you can't leave feedback for the lobby quitters to avoid them because you actually have to play a match to give feedback.

Yeah, most people find a strategy that works online because its hard to counter due to the small amounts of lag. To be honest I'm a bit bored of th eonline section of the game now. Theres not even half the skill involved as fighting someone siting next to you as guard impacts.throw evades are for the most part thrown out of the equation.

Shame really.

Grats on winning the competition though mon frere wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Aug 11 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #342

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (Flame7581 @ Aug 11 2008, 03:54 PM)
I seem to be addicted to the Zelda crossbow for the Wii.  Even the stupid little game that it came with.. Maybe I have some aggression issues because I just love shooting things..  Especially the giant watermelons <lol>

It's really more fun than it oughta be. I like the walking shooting sections too. Plays a little like Resident Evil 4.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Aug 11 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #343

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Finally got up to the Pokemon League on Diamond.

Only took me 84 hours.

It'll be at least another 6 before I face the Elite Four; my crazy system requires that I raise me team from ~Lv82 to Lv90 before I start.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Aug 11 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #344

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (dandan @ Aug 4 2008, 12:17 PM)
well, i'm (at least) ten years behind the times and have just started the first 'resident evil' game...

well, that was thirteen well spent hours. jolly good fun, if a little scary...
a couple of questions;

would i be right in thinking that i should play it again with the other character?

how different is it?

is it safe to say that i should invest in the other 'resident evil' games, if i enjoyed this one?

+Quote Post
logger
post Aug 11 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #345

Guests

QUOTE (dandan @ Aug 11 2008, 10:39 PM)
is it safe to say that i should invest in the other 'resident evil' games, if i enjoyed this one?

I'd say yes, although I'd stick to 2, 3 and 4 which is a bit different and has more action.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:47 PM