Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
NiteFall
post Jun 23 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #3316

Invader.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,823

Which one? Broken Steel? I've had that for a while now and it's surprisingly unbroken, especially compared to the state that The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage were in when they were released.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jun 23 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #3317

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

Quick saves don't ruin games, because no one forced you to use them. Games that don't let you save often enough are far more irritating. The best save system is one you never even notice, it regularly auto-saves at just the right moments so that you never have to trudge through too much tedium or indeed cutscenes before you get back to where you were, BUT lets you save there and then if you feel the need to because you need to stop playing right away. The Half Life games have always been good at this, I've played for hours and hours sometimes without even thinking about saving the game until I was leaving.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 24 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #3318

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 23 2009, 08:01 PM) *
Which one? Broken Steel? I've had that for a while now and it's surprisingly unbroken, especially compared to the state that The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage were in when they were released.
The point lookout one (I think thats it's name). I read somewhere it's out but I guess not.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 24 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #3319

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I have now, expect a report back in a few hours...

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 24 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #3320

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Silent Hill: Origins - Shit gets rusty, all doors are locked.

I'm not very far at all into it, but it's better than I thought it would be. It's Silent Hill by the numbers, but that's not a bad thing as such.

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Jun 24 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #3321

I'm a poncey thrush.

Member No.: 5,057

I was browsing the iTunes App store last night and came across a game called Zen Bound. It's really, really nice, and it's difficult to describe in a way that makes it sound remotely interesting. The object is to wrap a set length of rope around a wooden figurine and then to tie it of fover a nail at the end. It's best played with headphones on because the music really sets the mood.

edit: Pfft. Thought I was in the video game thread.

This post has been edited by mcraigclark: Jun 24 2009, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jun 24 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #3322

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jun 24 2009, 08:32 PM) *

It is now!

+Quote Post
beatoswald
post Jun 24 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #3323

Four Pinter

Member No.: 3,162

I'm currently playing GTA: Chinatown Wars. It is a very well made game. The remarkable integration of the DS's touch screen manages to enhance the GTA format. I'm particularly enjoying the drug dealing aside but this part of the game may be too easy. Well, probably not as it requires considerable investment of time and the occasional police drug busts are a genuine nuisance. If anyone is considering getting it, Play.com are selling it for a very reasonable 9.99.

Also recently got Empire: Total War however it doesn't play adequately on the antiquated computer I have access to at the moment. Which is a shame as it seems amazing.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jun 24 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #3324

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

If any of you are budding Point 'N' Click fans then I reccomend checking out Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator free from the Adventure Game Studios site.

There are seven case files and they're great. Good humour, good pacing and some fiendish puzzles make these some of the best freeware games I've played. Check them out.

EDIT: Don't jusge the series on the first case, it's a little bit rough around the edges.

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Jun 24 2009, 09:06 PM

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Jun 25 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #3325

I'm a poncey thrush.

Member No.: 5,057

QUOTE (Raven @ Jun 24 2009, 03:38 PM) *
It is now!

Thanks!

+Quote Post
mousespider
post Jun 25 2009, 04:07 AM
Post #3326

Dr. Mrs. Claus

Member No.: 5,408

Got my 360 Pro as a high school graduation gift from my parents. And I was even able to get a leftover one that was bundled with Lego Indiana Jones! Although right now I'm rockin' the Ghostbusters game.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jun 25 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #3327

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jun 24 2009, 03:32 PM) *
I was browsing the iTunes App store last night and came across a game called Zen Bound. It's really, really nice, and it's difficult to describe in a way that makes it sound remotely interesting. The object is to wrap a set length of rope around a wooden figurine and then to tie it of fover a nail at the end. It's best played with headphones on because the music really sets the mood.

That's hilarious. After I first discovered Zen Bound ages ago, I was going to suggest it to you and completely forgot. It made me think of the Koi Pond.

This post has been edited by Julie: Jun 25 2009, 05:49 AM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 25 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #3328

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Contrary to what I'd expected, The Sims 3 has actually managed to get me hook a bit. Can't play it now because I have to pack for a move this week but by god am I aching to. Probably do some form of critique once I've totted up a few more hours of play.

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Jun 25 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #3329

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Jun 24 2009, 10:05 PM) *
If any of you are budding Point 'N' Click fans then I reccomend checking out Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator free from the Adventure Game Studios site.

There are seven case files and they're great. Good humour, good pacing and some fiendish puzzles make these some of the best freeware games I've played. Check them out.

EDIT: Don't jusge the series on the first case, it's a little bit rough around the edges.

I do like AGS, it's an easy way to make decent P'n'C games (if you've the patience).

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 25 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #3330

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 24 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Silent Hill: Origins - Shit gets rusty, all doors are locked.

I'm not very far at all into it, but it's better than I thought it would be. It's Silent Hill by the numbers, but that's not a bad thing as such.

It is a very good Silent Hill game, there are a few things you have to let go though, the item breaking/collecting is a tad silly and annoying and...well that's it actually. Thats all that really bugged me. I mean, it is a Silent Hill game and by that I mean it's similar to 1 and 2 and doesn't really reveal much new which is a bit annoying, but the atmosphere, sound and music is pretty damn spot on.

QUOTE (zeden @ Jun 25 2009, 07:24 AM) *
Contrary to what I'd expected, The Sims 3 has actually managed to get me hook a bit. Can't play it now because I have to pack for a move this week but by god am I aching to. Probably do some form of critique once I've totted up a few more hours of play.
I've never really been interested in the Sims, I think I always found them too constraining or something.
Ghostbusters is still fun, though I can see that it might get a bit boring if there isn't constant new weapons and upgrades. The proton stream looks great, but ghosts don't react hugely to being hit with it except to move occaisionally so it can sometimes be a case of standing and blasting with not much tactical skill needed. Still, it is damn fun though, pissing around with the slime tether is a good laugh.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 220 221 222 223 224 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:35 PM