> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
mcraigclark
post Jun 25 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #3331

I'm a poncey thrush.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,057

QUOTE (Julie @ Jun 25 2009, 01:49 AM) *
That's hilarious. After I first discovered Zen Bound ages ago, I was going to suggest it to you and completely forgot. It made me think of the Koi Pond.

Great minds and all that.

Some of the figures are really hard to complete.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 26 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #3332

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 25 2009, 07:37 PM) *
I've never really been interested in the Sims, I think I always found them too constraining or something.

By and large the first two are dull as dishwater with practically no feeling that the sims actually have any personality or act on their own, I always found that put me off. The new one has a great way of creating incentive to progress and has character traits that genuinely effect the way you play, it's a little more structured but a lot of the tedium issues of old are gone.
Or maybe I'm enjoying it because I managed to make a character who actually acts like my brother, arguing at the drop of a hat and getting a kick out of pissing people off. Sending him into town to verbally assault passers by is strangely compelling. happy.gif

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jun 26 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #3333

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I'd kill for the Sims 3, but I know the computer would not be able to handle it as it seems to be on the verge of dying.

In other news, the Arena battles in Oblivion are stupidly easy when you have powerful staffs and enchanted swords. Unfortunately, now I have no reason to put off finishing the main quest. Urgh! On the plus side, I only have two achievements to go...

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jun 26 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #3334

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jun 26 2009, 07:28 PM) *
I'd kill for the Sims 3, but I know the computer would not be able to handle it as it seems to be on the verge of dying.

In other news, the Arena battles in Oblivion are stupidly easy when you have powerful staffs and enchanted swords. Unfortunately, now I have no reason to put off finishing the main quest. Urgh! On the plus side, I only have two achievements to go...

Have you done the Shivering Isles as well?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 26 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #3335

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Point Lookout is goodness. It certainly beats The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jun 26 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #3336

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Nope, I only have the main game.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jun 27 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #3337

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jun 25 2009, 03:49 PM) *
I do like AGS, it's an easy way to make decent P'n'C games (if you've the patience).

Yeah, I was going to give it a go myself but just didn't know how to get it to work...

Plus drawing sprites with a laptop touch pad is infuriating to say the least.

Well I have recently managed to pick up an Elite with 3 games for 200. Which I think is good. Game selection is a bit poor, Chromehounds, Ridgeracer 6 and Test Drive Unlimited.

I am back in the gaming seat and it feels oh so comfortable. The Wolverine demo is awesome and very brutal, not sure if the playability would last all the way through the game though.

Dead Rising 2 looks oh so awesome, oh so awesome indeed. looks like there'll be some sort of Item Combination skill going on judging from the trailer. There's a dual chainsaw weapon, not very much unlike Darth Maul's dual 'saber, being swung about and then it manages to be attached to a motorbike. The graphics, despite being SD in the trailers, look slightly better than the first game with better character models and more detail overall. Bring on September.

The Red Faction: Guerrilla demo is also worth a look-see. The game itself is in the Grand Theft Auto/Mass Effect category, sandbox shooters. What RF:G has up its sleeve though is the ever-fun Geomod system. Essentially everything you see can be destroyed... When you throw giant mech diggers in to the mix you're in one hell of a playground. The mission itself requires you to steal one of these giant machines from within a secure location. You start off with some satchel charges and your ever-trusty hammer. I guess there's numerous ways to accomplish this feat. I chose to hijack a jeep and plow through everything...

The amount of potential fun that this game offers is unparrallelled, forget Mercenaries 2, this is the new Sandbox game offering total destruction.

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Jun 27 2009, 03:02 PM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 28 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #3338

When doves cry

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jun 26 2009, 07:28 PM) *

The combat in Oblivion is easy period. Versus spell casters and archers all you have to do is side step projectiles, against mele weapons run circles around the enemy. Run out of mana/endurance? Run laps until you can attack again when it comes to the arena, only the Argonians can catch you and a few potions'll sort that out.
I remember finishing the arena as a level 1 Breton and laughing at how without cheating or exploiting anything but the AI stupidity I could effectively run from the Imperial Sewers to farm lots of gold and get the Grey Princes training done in about half an hour. And yet I did play it three times to completion, glutton for mediocrity that I am.

This post has been edited by zeden: Jun 28 2009, 06:50 AM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 28 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #3339

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul made the game so much better, it capped enemy levels in places and the arena couldn't be done at level one, it increased the speed of magic and arrows too. There was also a great mod that let you behead/chop limbs off of people, and fire spells would melt their skin off so they were just skeletons. Was good stuff, it's the reason why I lament not being able to play Fallout 3 on my PC

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 26 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Point Lookout is goodness. It certainly beats The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage.
Tell me more.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 28 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #3340

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Well, for a start it's a nice change in scenery. The swampland and being attacked by mutated rednecks makes for a pleasant change. It's also the first place in Fallout 3 where radiation actually feels like a threat rather than just a minor annoyance (although because I'm at lvl 30 and have a bag full of rad-away it's not that much of a threat).

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Jun 28 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #3341

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

I went a bit crazy on Friday and now I have FEAR 2, Farcry 2 and Prince of Persia to play,

I did the first mission on FEAR 2 the other day, terrific fun. Looking forward to ploughing through the rest of it.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 28 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #3342

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

If I recall I'm sure I remember Bethesda saying that when they release the DLC for PS3 there will be an offer for it all in one bundle at a reduced price. I hope so as I'd like to get it all, even if it isn't all great.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 28 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #3343

When doves cry

Game of the Year Edition my friend. Due this Autumn if memory serves. It'll have all of the DLC on the disk. S'what I'm waiting for before I delve back into Fallout.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Jun 28 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #3344

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

Is that just for the PS3 or might we see it on the 360 as well?

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 28 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #3345

When doves cry

As far as I can gather it's multi format so it'll likely hit 360 and PC as well. Just wondering if it'd actually be worth trading my copy of Fallout 3 in now before the value of it hits bottom. Any idea what the price I might get is? I'm thinking it'll be something laughable like 10.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 221 222 223 224 225 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:17 AM