Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
zeden
post Sep 8 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #3631

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

At least gamerscore will unlock some avatar guff soon enough. Probably one item per game if we're lucky, but I guess it's better than a kick in the teeth.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Sep 7 2009, 06:44 PM) *
I'm more annoyed that the Yanks have an animated theme available and the Europeans don't

Could have sworn I saw an animated theme on a friends PS3 when I visited on Sunday night. Then again I might just be mistaking some wavey lines and sparkles on the typical background for this animated theme you mention, not being a PS3 owner and all.

This post has been edited by zeden: Sep 8 2009, 06:34 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atara
post Sep 8 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #3632

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

Can't trophies act as bragging rights, too. You can see people on your fiends lists trophies and compare can't you?

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Sep 8 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #3633

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Atara @ Sep 8 2009, 09:08 AM) *
Can't trophies act as bragging rights, too. You can see people on your fiends lists trophies and compare can't you?

They can indeed, but it doesn't feel worth it when you're a "late starter". I've got nearly 45000 gamerscore on Xbox Live and hardly anything on PSN. It's that "oh, I have to start from scratch" feeling that makes it feel not worth starting. Same as if you'd only just bought an Xbox after having a PS3 for ages, I imagine. Plus I've only got about 5 people on my friends list on PSN, compared to 50 on Xbox Live, quite a few of which I see in person every day, so it's just that "hasn't really got going yet" feel to it.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 8 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #3634

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Sep 7 2009, 11:10 PM) *
It's just because I've got a ton of 360 games that need whoring for gamerscore, and my PS3 gets mainly used as a BD player rather than a games machine. Plus the completionist urge in me hasn't really materialised on the PS3, starting from scratch with the trophies leaves me with a "they're just not worth bothering with" vibe. Had I started with a PS3 first, or at the same time, maybe it would have been a different story.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'll always choose a PS3 version over 360 because it's the one I have most Trophies on (amongst other reasons [but it is usually a deciding factor])

I'm not bothered about showing them off or anything, it's just satisfying to collect all of something. I'm looking forward to when they finally get trophy rooms in Home, I'm interested to see how it's implemented.

Speaking of Home, because I have Arkham Asylum I got a free Batcave Home space, so now the Batcave, with the Batmobile etc is my "Apartment", nicely decorated with my Fat Princess and Visari palace thrones......

QUOTE (zeden @ Sep 8 2009, 07:34 AM) *
At least gamerscore will unlock some avatar guff soon enough. Probably one item per game if we're lucky, but I guess it's better than a kick in the teeth.

Could have sworn I saw an animated theme on a friends PS3 when I visited on Sunday night. Then again I might just be mistaking some wavey lines and sparkles on the typical background for this animated theme you mention, not being a PS3 owner and all.

The wavey lines and sparkles are just an update to the default background. The animated theme I mean is shown here: It changes between night and day It's nothing majorly awesome, but I still think it's kinda cool. I'll definetely be interested in seeing what others get made.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Sep 8 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #3635

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I don't seem to have iPlayer on my PS3. Is this because I cheaped out and got a crappy one? Or have I missed something obvious?

+Quote Post
Atara
post Sep 8 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #3636

Addict

Got a crappy what...PS3? I doubt that matters, it should be under TV - it is a new icon after the update between video and game.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Sep 8 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #3637

Invader.

Not there. Apparently units with a serial number ending in 04 have a problem with it or somesuch. guess what my PS3 serial number ends in. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Atara
post Sep 8 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #3638

Addict

Well that sucks, lets hope they fix that soon.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Sep 8 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #3639

Invader.

Well, it's not like we don't have a magic cable box of recordy magicness, but yes it is rather annoying.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 8 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #3640

Serenity.

The functionality of it is very smooth. It is quicker than getting to it through our Virgin tellybox.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Sep 9 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #3641

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

I only just noticed it was there at all. It's pretty good really, but a bit redundant for me since I play my PS3 through my PC monitor... So I could just use my PC if I wanted to watch iplayer on exactly the same screen. Since PS3 has a web browser, though, couldn't you just browse to the iplayer website before and use it anyway? Surely the new feature isn't much more than a browser bookmark?

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 9 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #3642

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Sonic 2d HD teaser trailer. Will Sega have finally listened and made a Sonic game similar to the Mega Drive fare? I can only hope, but not to hard. The ever present worry of Sega messing it up again can't be shaken.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 9 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #3643

Serenity.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Sep 9 2009, 09:09 AM) *
I only just noticed it was there at all. It's pretty good really, but a bit redundant for me since I play my PS3 through my PC monitor... So I could just use my PC if I wanted to watch iplayer on exactly the same screen. Since PS3 has a web browser, though, couldn't you just browse to the iplayer website before and use it anyway? Surely the new feature isn't much more than a browser bookmark?
For the most part; but I don't the the menu screens are as crisp and I'm not sure that the fullscreen expand through the internet browser works as well.

Hopefully they'll get the video store on the go in Europe soon

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 9 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #3644

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (zeden @ Sep 9 2009, 03:13 PM) *
Sonic 2d HD teaser trailer. Will Sega have finally listened and made a Sonic game similar to the Mega Drive fare? I can only hope, but not to hard. The ever present worry of Sega messing it up again can't be shaken.

I thought that the Sonic Rush games on DS seemed like a logical progression from the 90's Megadrive ones.

Yes, they're all speed and no enemies, and the "tricks" are a bit tedious. But they feel like Sonic.

The Advance series are the same, actually. Sonic Advance was awesome.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 9 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #3645

Serenity.

Finished Batman on Hard difficulty. The Epilogue differed slightly from the normal version ending In the hard epilogue it is scarecrows hand that grabs the Titan formula crate and in the normal version it is croc. I wonder why they bothered with that minor change,

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 241 242 243 244 245 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:36 AM