Member No.: 4,725

Zero Punctuation is very good today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
logger
post Sep 9 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #3647

Guests

I finished Batman on normal today, just going round finding all the riddles now. I think I'll have to go through it again on hard as it was a bit easy. It was a still a good game despite this.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Sep 9 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #3648

Invader.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Sep 9 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Finished Batman on Hard difficulty. The Epilogue differed slightly from the normal version ending In the hard epilogue it is scarecrows hand that grabs the Titan formula crate and in the normal version it is croc. I wonder why they bothered with that minor change,

When I completed it (on normal) it was Bane. At least I think it was.

EDIT- A quick Google reveals that it's randomly chosen from the three no matter what difficulty you're playing on.

This post has been edited by NiteFall: Sep 9 2009, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
logger
post Sep 9 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #3649

Guests

Yeah, it was Scarecrow for me on normal.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 9 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #3650

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I was going to do a search on it but got distracted by something else laugh.gif

I battered everyone in the hall applauding/welcoming you to your party first time on hard, it took me a few goes on normal, and then I spent a while attempting to get the 40 hit combo trophy

Only trophies I need now are challenge room ones, but I don't think I have the patience for it.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 12 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #3651

Serenity.

Man I'd forgotten how nice Wipeout HD looks and runs, it has a good screenshot taking feature as well. I wish I hadn't stopped playing it as I suck ass at it now

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 12 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #3652

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

That's the really bad thing about Wipeout. You need to play it restlessly to get good at it, and after a while you can be really good at it.

Stop playing for a little while though, and it reverts back to being difficult on even the easier levels.

I do love Pure and Pulse though, and I believe HD uses tracks from those and has no new ones, so I'm sure it's good.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 12 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #3653

Serenity.

Yeah I think all the tracks are from the PSP games ( I had the first one on the PSP and it was awesome), the game is just so goddamn good looking. It's great online as well

I got Silent Hill: Homecoming today, It's not as bad as I was expecting. It has Akira Yamaoka as composer so the music is all very good, just graphically it's a bit poor, and turning the camera is clunky (the sensitivity can't be changed). The combat is a bit hit and miss as well, some of it is fun, some of it is clunky and balls.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Sep 12 2009, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 12 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #3654

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

I had a go on that. My only real complaint was that every time there was even the hint of a puzzle, some guy on a radio would tell me how to do it.

I also played on my friends save, in a prison, where said guy was running around "helping" me by preventing me from exploring at all.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 12 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #3655

Serenity.

Heh, luckily I haven't had that bit yet. It's still making me a bit tense and nervous, but not to the level the older games (Silent Hill 2 mostly) did. The setup and general pace isn't as good. Silent Hill on the PSP was better (even though it had the silly breaking weapons/items and a few too many guns).
I'm definetely liking it but it could be a lot better.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 14 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #3656

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

I'm playing a bit of game catch up at the moment.

Enjoying Web Of Shadows despite niggly camera problems, enjoying MGS4 very much despite mammoth (though ultimately very good) cut scenes, not enjoying Oblivion too much yet as it takes ages to do anything & is a little dull so far, but I'm willing to give it time.

+Quote Post
maian
post Sep 16 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #3657

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

The Ballad of the Fanboy

Veeeeery nerdy.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Sep 16 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #3658

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (maian @ Sep 16 2009, 11:24 AM) *

Haha, awesome. happy.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 16 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #3659

Serenity.

Dead Space arrived yesterday (only 12 brand spanking new from Gamestation). I'm really looking forward to playing this again. Yeah it has flaws and problems but it was still a damn good game. Very atmospheric and enjoyable for most of the time, there were some great game mechanics/moments as well. The zero G bits were fantastic, especially the way that everything that was lying about before the Gravity was turned off floats; and the sections outside the ships in almost complete silence were awesome as well.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 17 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #3660

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I really ought to get another borrow of that and finish it off. I had the 360 I was borrowing for ages taken away just as I started to hit my stride on it.

Played Guitar Hero 5 yesterday and beyond the obvious problem of having a very hit and miss track list there are a few things to praise it and a few things they appear to have cocked right up.
Firstly the praise. 4 player guitar mode. All being able to play the same track with the same instrument is great as it's taken the "but bass is boring" arguement right out of any multiplayer session. Course, you could play with 4 bass guitars, but who would want to do that? On top of that, it's possible to set up play lists now which you can save. Not that I own the game, but if I did this would certainly make life a little easier seeing as there are only a hand full of tracks I'd touch.
The problems I saw whilst playing were niggles, but ones that'll definitely cause hassle with me and the people I play with.
Number one is a lack of in game option menu in anything but single player mode. Got five people wanting to play and only one of them plays with lefty flip turned on? Looks like they wont be swapping out seeing as you'd have to go right back to the main menu option screen to change their settings after every song. A stupid thing to miss out and a bit of a problem seeing as they're really selling the game based on its improved multiplayer modes.
Number two is the change to my all time favorite feature from Guitar Hero World Tour, GHTracks. Instead of making the huge library of well made tracks already on the server for GHWT available they've gone back to square one, so no more One Winged Angel, no Sonic the Hedgehog tunes and no oddly compelling renditions of Chocolate Rain. To compound the prolbem, it would seem (though I may be wrong) that you can only play these downloaded tracks single player which again is a massive cock up when multiplayer is key to the gameplay. At least they've managed to get the tones in GHTunes much closer to those of a real guitar compared to last time.
All in all, it's Guitar Hero. By now you like it or you don't really.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 242 243 244 245 246 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:01 AM