Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 11 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #3751

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

Yeah, it's really made me want to buy GT4 again just for the career mode.

I was in GameStop today and discovered there's a new Silent Hill coming, I had no idea. Wii, PS2 and PSP, and it's all in the snow and the world freezes over as the "alternate world". The camera seems to be a bit like Resident Evil 4, too.

The player will be observed and evaluated by the game as they play and their actions will have an effect on multiple aspects of play with the town, its attendant monsters and characters' attitudes and clothing changing according to the player's choices. One of the prerelease videos provided suggests that players will fill in a psychological evaluation form at the start of a new game, suggesting that the process of evaluating the player begins quite early.

Harry is equipped with a cell phone which he can use to check the map via GPS, receive text- and audio-messages, take pictures and call numbers. In the Wii version, the Wii Remote will be used for puzzle solving and to control the player's flashlight and cell phone. Checking scattered diary pages and documents has been eliminated in favour of visually scanning the environment and utilizing the cell phone to zoom in on small objects and text and to reveal hidden messages by taking pictures. Combat has been removed from the game with emphasis placed instead on evading encounters with monsters entirely.

No combat actually sounds like a really good idea, it'll really change the way the game is played entirely, and make it a very different kettle of fish to other games on the market.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Oct 11 2009, 10:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 11 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #3752

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I've seen/read previews of that and it does sound like a very cool concept. I don't know why they haven't ust made it a brand new game though, as I understand it it's meant to be a sort of remake/reimagining of the first one....just seems odd.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 12 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #3753

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

I should have a PS3 delivered in the next couple of days. Early birthday present from my ace girlfriend. Getting it with Infamous, Killzone 2 and FIFA 10 (which I shall be flogging immediately) and Band of Brothers on BlueRay. They are doing an amazing offer on Amazon and it's finally come into our price range.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 12 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #3754

Serenity.

Good choices there sir.

I'd recommend getting Uncharted and then following it up with Uncharted 2 on friday.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Oct 12 2009, 11:52 AM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 12 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #3755

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 6 2009, 09:37 PM) *
I just finished SHadow Complex with 97% of the items. The other 3% were in a part of the map I couldn't get to without triggering the end game. Really really annoying.

That's very annoying indeed. I didn't bother trying for that achievement.

Did you find the alternative ending? That was genius.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 12 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #3756

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 12 2009, 01:36 PM) *
That's very annoying indeed. I didn't bother trying for that achievement.

Did you find the alternative ending? That was genius.

Nope, what was that then? I'm playing through it again actually but have gotten bored already.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 12 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Good choices there sir.

I'd recommend getting Uncharted and then following it up with Uncharted 2 on friday.

I'm borrowing Uncharted from Sarah's brother and then picking that up when its released. I only got FIFA because it was the most valuable game on the offer. Ebay, here it comes. Killzone2 is on 1-2month order though for some reason though which is a bit odd. It means I'll actually only have Infamous to play for a while but as the PS3 arrives tomorrow and the games aren't arriving till later in the week it doesn't really matter. Sarah also bought Coraline and we picked up the official HDMI cable.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Oct 12 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #3757

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

Just finished Arkham Asylum for the PS3 after renting it again this weekend. I guess this kind of defeats the purpose of buying it for the 360.

It was a damned pretty game, though.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Oct 12 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #3758

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

I must get Arkham.

Just started playing Marvel Alliance 2. We like smashy smashy super hero fun at our place, plus the new fusion powers are great craic altogether.
Simple stuff, but very enjoyable.

This post has been edited by Rua: Oct 12 2009, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Oct 12 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #3759

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

Brilliant piece of 'journalism'.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 13 2009, 07:44 AM
Post #3760

PS3, inFamous and FIFA 10 are being delivered today. Annoyingly, the HDMI cable isn't. Ah well, standard def play until the tomorrow I guess.

Julie, I have now joined you in living in a Tri-Console household.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 13 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #3761

Serenity.

QUOTE (Rua @ Oct 13 2009, 12:13 AM) *
I must get Arkham.

Just started playing Marvel Alliance 2. We like smashy smashy super hero fun at our place, plus the new fusion powers are great craic altogether.
Simple stuff, but very enjoyable.

Would you recommend a rental or a purchase? I was really considering getting this to play after Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2. Oh and definetely pick up Batman. I would probably recommend just renting it if you are low on the cash though as it can be beaten very quickly (depending on how into getting all collectibles/achievements you are)

And that Daily Star article is just.....terrible. I do wish I'd pre-ordered the Special edition from HMV but then again 170 is a lot of money and I'd have probably only regretted it.

EDIT: One for Zeden. Fist of the North star coming to PS3 and 360 (in Japan at least)

EDIT2: I will definetely be picking up Dragon Age: Origins next month. I know thats not in game but by christ it's bitching. And the in game stuff looks good, Bioware do make good RPG's

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Oct 13 2009, 08:19 AM

+Quote Post
Rua
post Oct 13 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #3762

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 13 2009, 09:00 AM) *
Would you recommend a rental or a purchase?

Well we've just started it so I've no idea how long it is, but I have to say even on the next to hardest setting (the hardest is locked) you should mow through the bad guys at a right old pace. We got through the first section in an hour or so.

Maybe rent, but these games sometimes have a tendency to be longer than you think. Admittedly I suck. Yeah, rent.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 13 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #3763

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 13 2009, 09:00 AM) *
EDIT2: I will definetely be picking up Dragon Age: Origins next month. I know thats not in game but by christ it's bitching. And the in game stuff looks good, Bioware do make good RPG's

They did KOTOR didn't they? I'm yet to be gripped by a medieval/fantasy RPG but this one does look rather good. Who knows, it could have me like Fallout did, or KOTOR 1 & 2 before that (the only RPG's I've ever played through to completition, and in fact, played through more than once.)

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 13 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #3764

Serenity.

Yep they did the first KOTOR, also the Baldurs gatee series, Neverwinter nights,Jade Empire and Mass Effect. The violence, dialogue trees, class options, origin stories and the way your choice of allies alters the storyline all really appeal to me.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 13 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #3765

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 13 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Yep they did the first KOTOR, also the Baldurs gatee series, Neverwinter nights,Jade Empire and Mass Effect. The violence, dialogue trees, class options, origin stories and the way your choice of allies alters the storyline all really appeal to me.

KOTOR was the first RPG I ever got into it, despite getting many hours into FFVII and never finishing it (twice.) However, I really didn't get on with Mass Effect. I'll give this one a try though as I'm sure the right game should grab me as I do find Fantasy game's enjoyable (although I got many hours into Oblivion and never finished that either [twice])

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 249 250 251 252 253 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:10 PM