> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Jimmay
post Oct 26 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #3841

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 26 2009, 01:54 PM) *
I'm glad you liked infamous Jimmay, I really enjoyed the storyline forthat as well, I didn't see the twist coming until it was almost revealed anyway. It does have flaws like I mentioned in an earlier post but there is so much to like that they become neglegible. I would ask that they let you upgrade the distance you can glide though; put in a high leap from a standing start (like in Spider Man 2) and throw in a greater enemy variation,even if it's just the way the look.

I didn't have any issue with the variety of enemies. I thought having three different gangs that look very different on the three islands worked well, and the variety between the Conduits on each of the islands was really cool as well. That twist shocked me as well. Very good stuff. I think I'll flog it now though as I doubt I'll bother playing through it again any time soon.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 26 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Uncharted is a damn fine game and the sequel honestly takes it so many notches higher,there's a decent amount of new features and tweaks like actually being able to blindfire,shoot whilst hanging from just about anything, more stealth kills/options,greater choice in how to approach combat situations, better puzzles and no silly sixaxis aiming for grenades.

I haven't gotten grenades yet and that sounds a wee bit annoying but you can blindfire and shoot over ledges while hanging so I'm not sure about those additions you mentioned. Sounds good though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 26 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #3842

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Iay just be misremembering but I belive in the first UC the blindfiring isn't really blindfiring as Nate just pops out of cover without aiming, in UC 2 he will just shove his gun out of cover to fire; that is blindfiring to me , as it allows you to recover from injuries while still pinning enemiens down,wheras in UC1 you would get shot whilst blindfiring.

Inquire interested in the new Ratchet and Clank game,if I didn't have brutal legend and then MW2 and Dragon age next month I'd probably get it. Maybe I'll ask for it at christmas

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Oct 26 2009, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 26 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #3843

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

I thought you could blindfire properly on Uncharted too, actually. There is something about the combat that feels much better, even though I can't say exactly what it is. I'm almost at the end of Uncharted 2 now, and it's an excellent game, way better than the first. Most of the design has been directly lifted from Gears of War 2, but then, if you're going to copy something, it's right to make sure it's something good.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 26 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #3844

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 25 2009, 12:55 PM) *
The intro for Left 4 Dead 2 is awesome. My anticipation for it is really starting to build now.

Yes, yes, yes. A million times, YES!

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Oct 26 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #3845

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I was taking advantage of the PS3 /PSP remote play niftiness today while at work by connecting my PSP to the wireless network there, using it to wake up my PS3 over the internet, then getting that to turn on my PC over the LAN, which allowed me to then stream video from my PC to my PS3, through the interwebs to my work network then through the very air itself to my PSP!

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 26 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #3846

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 26 2009, 06:05 PM) *
I was taking advantage of the PS3 /PSP remote play niftiness today while at work by connecting my PSP to the wireless network there, using it to wake up my PS3 over the internet, then getting that to turn on my PC over the LAN, which allowed me to then stream video from my PC to my PS3, through the interwebs to my work network then through the very air itself to my PSP!

Witchcraft!

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Oct 26 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #3847

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

It very nearly was!

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 26 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #3848

Serenity.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 26 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I thought you could blindfire properly on Uncharted too, actually. There is something about the combat that feels much better, even though I can't say exactly what it is. I'm almost at the end of Uncharted 2 now, and it's an excellent game, way better than the first. Most of the design has been directly lifted from Gears of War 2, but then, if you're going to copy something, it's right to make sure it's something good.

I guess that's true,but then, GoW lofted from other games too,and doesn't have fancy verticality to it's set pieces.
I was mostly wrong about the UC1 blindfire,he does pop out more in most places but it's still "proper" blindfire. It's jus done better in UC2

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Oct 28 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #3849

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Got the new (well, recent-ish) Bionic Commando game for the 360 on the cheap.

It's not bad, kind of interesting, but does feel a bit samey. Liking the battle mechanics, and the ability to grab hold and swing from almost everything.

Brother in Law has moved in with PS3 in tow, might get myself Little Big Planet, is it as good as everyone raves about?

+Quote Post
bigfatrich
post Oct 28 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #3850

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 5,022

Have ordered Dead Space from Amazon today. It was 8. I think I've officially given up on Dead Rising.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Oct 28 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #3851

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Anyone played the on-rails shooter Dead Space prequel on Wii? Wondering how it compares to RE: Umbrella Chronicles and HOTD: Overkill.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Oct 28 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #3852

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Oct 28 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Have ordered Dead Space from Amazon today. It was 8. I think I've officially given up on Dead Rising.

It's a fantastic game. Very atmospheric and creepy.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 28 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #3853

Serenity.

QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 28 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Got the new (well, recent-ish) Bionic Commando game for the 360 on the cheap.

It's not bad, kind of interesting, but does feel a bit samey. Liking the battle mechanics, and the ability to grab hold and swing from almost everything.

Brother in Law has moved in with PS3 in tow, might get myself Little Big Planet, is it as good as everyone raves about?

Well I like it. I would love it more if I had time to make my own levels and things. The game of the year edition is well worth a look

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 28 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #3854

QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 28 2009, 02:45 PM) *
might get myself Little Big Planet, is it as good as everyone raves about?

No, but then people were practically having orgasms about it. It's good fun, but it's miles better if you play in co-op with a friend. It's worth getting but the hype was way over the top.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 29 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #3855

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

I don't like it anymore, not untill I get my FF7 sackboys like they promised me.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 255 256 257 258 259 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 01:24 PM