> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Jimmay
post Oct 29 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #3856

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 26 2009, 07:07 PM) *
I was mostly wrong about the UC1 blindfire,he does pop out more in most places but it's still "proper" blindfire. It's jus done better in UC2

You were correct, as I found out to my peril last night. He sort of pokes his head out a little bit and if there's anyone up high they can shoot you. I'm enjoying Drakes Fortune but finding it really frustrating at times. It's really difficult and fiddly in gun fights and the enemies just keep on coming way after you'd expect them to stop. However, I am now into bits that are new to me (I'd played up to about chapter 5 about 6 months ago) and I'm carrying on with it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rua
post Oct 29 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #3857

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

Fallout DLC is nice.

They should probably do that forever.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 29 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #3858

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Where do my fellow Spaced Outers get their US import games from as Amazon.com won't deliver God of War Collection to the UK for some reason?

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 29 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #3859

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 28 2009, 07:07 PM) *
It's good fun, but it's miles better if you play in co-op with a friend.

This. I played on it at my boyfriend's house whilst he did some work and got bored after about two levels. Plus the "3D" annoys me - jumping between the front and back of the screen, it's just fiddly.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 29 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #3860

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 29 2009, 09:26 AM) *
It's really difficult and fiddly in gun fights and the enemies just keep on coming way after you'd expect them to stop.

That's exactly what I thought. Pacing was all wrong, it's like they just dragged out gunfights to pad the game out a bit. You spent far too much time fighting in one area with no progress. Fortunately they've sorted that on the sequel. Instead of just one big room and endless enemies it's more a case of fighting your way forward, so you're progressing as you fight, not just waiting for a fight to end. I'm really impressed with the way Naughty Dog actually did take note of what was wrong with their first game and fix it. Almost all the gripes I had with the first game that kept it as a merely "good" game as opposed to excellent, they've fixed.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 29 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #3861

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 29 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Where do my fellow Spaced Outers get their US import games from as Amazon.com won't deliver God of War Collection to the UK for some reason?

Yeah Hayleigh pointed out last night that Amazon won't let you buy games from the US. You could ask an American spaced outer to send it on,I've done that before for Crisis Core. Renchi.com is highly rated and well priced as well

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 29 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #3862

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Oct 28 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Have ordered Dead Space from Amazon today. It was 8. I think I've officially given up on Dead Rising.

Don't!

Dead Rising is one of the greatest games of the current generation. It's true you suck at first but that's why you need to play it through a couple of times to be any good. Get a sense of what you're meant to be doing and level Frank up a bit and you become a machine. Learn the layout of the Mall, where the best weapons are, best routes to and from the safe room, which survivors are where, then go for one mammoth playthrough. I can't express just how satisfying it really is.

I played through it once and thought "Wow, Capcom, what have you done?" forgot about it for a year and then went back to it one day because I was bored. A week later I was on my third playthrough and was quite confident that I could officially survive ANY zombie outbreak with several survivors in tow. It just goes to show just how legendary Capcom's design team are and just how they can make mundane time keeping a thing of uttermost joy! The game deserves to be hung on a wall in The Louvre.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 30 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #3863

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

If anyone is buying The Ballad of Gay Tony and has an appreciation of anime cliches they might get a good laugh out of one of the tv channels shows added to the game to catch an episode of Princess Robot Bubblegum. Tis a spot on parody.
Had a bash on it yesterday and rather than going the route of having an irritatingly camp and cliched personality for the "Gay" Tony Prince character they've unsurprisingly gone for a reserved character whos inclusion in the game seems to serve the purpose of saying "Anyone can be a criminal". Of course I'm basing this judgement on four missions worth of cut scenes and chat so maybe it'll change, but it seems that this expansion is far from the needless controversy courting some might accuse it of.
Plus all the missions I played were a lot more fun than anything in GTA4, especially flying the new missile launcher equiped helicopter.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 30 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #3864

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

Started playing Arkham Asylum last night. Didn't get too far but I'm not impressed at all yet. The controls are awful and the fighting is slow and clumsy.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Oct 30 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #3865

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and wasn't too amazed at the beginning, but liked it a lot more as it went on, stick with it.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 30 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #3866

Serenity.

Flawed as it was I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum. Except having to hold X to run...

I've really really enjoyed playing Brutal legend as well,it's by noeans perfect but there's a lot to it that telly appeals to me. I think I'm about to finish it but won't,I'll wait till Hayleighs around to see the ending. Think I'll
play Uncharted 2 on crushing,or multiplayer as it's apparantly a double
cash weekend to celebrate Halloween (with some other spooky goings on apparently...)

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Oct 30 2009, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 30 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #3867

Serenity.

Ooh,I had a code for the God if War 3 demo sitting in my inbox. I've been quite lucky with these sorts if things lately,I got into the MAG beta and Uncharted 2 beta a well. Looks like it's gonna take a while to download though.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 31 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #3868

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

The most accurate game reviews on the web. Seriously, after looking at this site I turned on an X-box and even without a profile logged in or a game in the tray I got this -

Too damned funny, especially the censored picture of tea-bagging in Halo 3. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 31 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #3869

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Oct 31 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #3870

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 31 2009, 09:12 AM) *
The most accurate game reviews on the web. Seriously, after looking at this site I turned on an X-box and even without a profile logged in or a game in the tray I got this -

Too damned funny, especially the censored picture of tea-bagging in Halo 3. happy.gif

I love that if you put your cursor over that image on the site it says "The only achievement that matters" laugh.gif

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 256 257 258 259 260 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:26 PM