Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
UnderSpaced
post Aug 16 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #406

I'll just wait here then...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,538

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 16 2008, 07:18 AM)
Oh and there's 3 more dragonforce songs coming out next week so that should keep you going tongue.gif.

I have it on the Wii, so no extra dragonforce for me. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Aug 16 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #407

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (maian @ Aug 11 2008, 09:56 PM)
Or, it's one of the greatest games ever made. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

'Tis the greatest game of last generation anyway. This generation, so far? Dead Rising. Frank West = LEGEND!!!

I've recently played through FEAR and started pissing about on Oblivion some more. (I got up to the quest where you have to shut down all the oblivion gates to get aid for Bruma and couldn't be fucked.) Mindst you it did take me 40 odd hours to get to that point.

I now only have to one Oblivion gate left and I'm looking forward to kicking some daedra arse. The Imperial City can go fuck themselves, I hope an Oblivion Gate opens right inside the Citadel.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Aug 16 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #408

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Is the first main quest on Oblivion (the one where you go through the gate thing and have to rescue a soldier's friend or something) supposed to be hard, or am I just bad at it? I still don't dare go on it this time around after what happened on my first attempt. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 16 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #409

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Atara @ Aug 16 2008, 05:27 PM)
Not really, in fact from folks I know who drum they found the opposite. My brothers old drummer Daz, who is bloody amazing,  found it really hard to get used to because the set up is so utterly different to how any drum kit is arranged. So it took a long time for him to adjust to how Rock Band requires you to play.

There's a load of videos some guy did on youtube of him playing just about every song at 100% on expert, he was a real drummer and apparently he'd barely had to even practice.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Aug 17 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #410

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

Well, that's it for the solo guitar tour on Hard. Five-starred all but three or four tracks, and on the first try, too... Only one gave me much in the way of trouble, and that was Molly Hatchet's "Flirting With Disaster."

I think I actually chalked up a better record in Hard than I did in Medium.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Aug 17 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #411

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

Expert is easy in Rock Band, but the last solo in Highway Star completely ruins me... it's like, wtf

I think I have 3 songs to do on that

+Quote Post
Atara
post Aug 17 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #412

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 17 2008, 12:26 AM)
There's a load of videos some guy did on youtube of him playing just about every song at 100% on expert, he was a real drummer and apparently he'd barely had to even practice.

Chances are some people find it easy from the offset and some don't. As I said, Daz and a couple other drummer mates found it really odd at first because of the set up and a few other things. I think the general game itself was weird for him too as he had not played Guitar Hero or any of the computer drum simulators in the past so was totally new to the format of the game.

I find quite a few of the kits on youtube that are being played on expert have been modified in some way too, even if it is just the sock mod. Alot of people have a different bass pedal too. Luckyyyy!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Aug 17 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #413

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 16 2008, 07:45 PM)
Is the first main quest on Oblivion (the one where you go through the gate thing and have to rescue a soldier's friend or something) supposed to be hard, or am I just bad at it? I still don't dare go on it this time around after what happened on my first attempt. laugh.gif

It all depends on what kind of character you're using really.
I'd expect a pure mage to have a hard time purely because the spells you'd have at the start are pretty rubbish.
A pure fighter should probably breeze it provided your equipment is up to scratch.
If you've got conjuration above 25 (I think), save up a bit of money and buy summon scamp from the Imperial city. It's surprisingly strong, even later in the game, and soaks a decent amount of damage before dying.
Aside from that, take it slow. Rest every time you're down on health and short on magic or potions.
In the Oblivion gates you can, by and large run the whole way and not fight at all. That is apart from the first one where you have to kill one guy who has a key. As they tend to drag on after you've done a couple I found this method of pretty much skipping them helpful.

My current, and only character, is a Breton with sword and armor skills so I can do a bit of everything. I did that mission only yesterday as luck would have it and at level one with only the equipment I scrounged from the first dungeon the Kavatch mission was a challenge for sure, but was ultimately do-able.

One last tip, if you have a computer controlled character that can only go unconscious and wont die, as well as a decent amount of patience, you can exploit them by letting them do all the fighting. The computer will by and large charge headlong into any enemy leaving you to stand back and watch/fire spells/laugh. Just run away/around in circles when they die and eventually they just get back up. Repeat, repeat, repeat. wink.gif

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Aug 17 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #414

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 17 2008, 10:03 AM)
One last tip, if you have a computer controlled character that can only go unconscious and wont die, as well as a decent amount of patience, you can exploit them by letting them do all the fighting. The computer will by and large charge headlong into any enemy leaving you to stand back and watch/fire spells/laugh. Just run away/around in circles when they die and eventually they just get back up. Repeat, repeat, repeat.  wink.gif

Hehe, I vaguely remember letting the soldier guy do the fighting at first, but when he was on the floor I presumed he was dead and left him. Then I kept getting killed repeatedly and gave up. laugh.gif

I'll remember all of those tips for next time. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 17 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #415

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

The problem with conjuration is just that it makes the game far too easy. There's nothing in the game that can even make my mage break a sweat. I just summon a Storm Atronach, let him do all the fighting an occasionally throw one of those spells that you get from the mages guild storyline into the mix, and if he either doesn't kill them before disappearing, or they kill him.... I just summon another. In the time between summonings my magic recharges plenty to summon them indefinitely.

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Aug 17 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #416

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

I finally updated my Xbox Live subscription, meaning I can finally play online again. Unfortunately, I have a rather limited number of online games at the moment, but if anyone wants to play Rock Band or Team Fortress 2, my gamertag is the slightly stupid NaesCyn.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Aug 17 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #417

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

All right, Sean, I added you. I'm up for some Rock Band.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Aug 18 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #418

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

Bionic Commando Rearmed is probably one of the hardest games to come out in recent times. Do not buy unless you are a masochist or love getting your balls stomped.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Aug 18 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #419

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 17 2008, 06:30 PM)
I'll remember all of those tips for next time. Thanks!

Glad to be able to put my pointlessly huge game knowledge to use. wink.gif

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 17 2008, 07:18 PM)
The problem with conjuration is just that it makes the game far too easy. There's nothing in the game that can even make my mage break a sweat. I just summon a Storm Atronach, let him do all the fighting an occasionally throw one of those spells that you get from the mages guild storyline into the mix, and if he either doesn't kill them before disappearing, or they kill him.... I just summon another. In the time between summonings my magic recharges plenty to summon them indefinitely.

Very true. The number of times you get swamped by enemies is so small that by and large you get a one on one situation that a summon can resolve. Add being able to soul trap the things and conjurers can easily become invincible millionaires in no time.
To be honest, I run most dungeons. Most enemies are slow, weak and just aren't worth the time. The treasure is almost always tosh till you hit a reasonable level as well rendering most quests dull and unrewarding.

+Quote Post
Bloomeeney
post Aug 18 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #420

I'm an evil werewolf!

Member No.: 2,245

I have 'claw hand' after playing GH3 all bloody weekend! Still can't get anywhere on hard either, grrr. mad.gif

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:32 PM