Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

634 Pages V  « < 304 305 306 307 308 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
logger
post Mar 2 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #4576

Guests

My clock seems to have returned to normal but I have still lost trophies. I better be able to play Heavy Rain when I get it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 2 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #4577

Learning to walk again

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 2 2010, 08:59 AM) *
Some Portal 2 news (sort of) http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178172
Interesting.

So no one who actually knows morse code has had a chance to listen yet then. I want to know what it saaaaaays.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Mar 2 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #4578

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

My xbox is waiting for me at home, yay.

Good stuff as between RRoD and PS3 bug, I've not been able to play anything.

Back on MW2 tonight, yeah!

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Mar 2 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #4579

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

We had a close call with the XBox threatening to go RROD last night, thankfully uninstalling the game it had got itself in a tizzy over solved the problem.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 2 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #4580

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (logger @ Mar 2 2010, 09:31 AM) *
My clock seems to have returned to normal but I have still lost trophies. I better be able to play Heavy Rain when I get it.

Apparently if you load the game, quit then sync trophies it should work. My Heavy Rain trophies synced fine this morning.

QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 2 2010, 10:37 AM) *
So no one who actually knows morse code has had a chance to listen yet then. I want to know what it saaaaaays.

I yoinked a massive post from the steam forums but this forum limits hiw many images you can post at once sad.gif.
There's a bunch of Cool/weird ASCII images hidden in the sound files. It must be building to a Portal 2 announcement.

Some of the morse code translation was brilliant:

MC17: Morse for "beep beeeep beep beep beeeep beeeep beeeep beep beeeep beep beep", itself morse for "LOL"

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 2 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #4581

Learning to walk again

Haha, brilliant.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 3 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #4582

Serenity.

More of the Portal stuff that's been uncovered:

http://m.kotaku.com/site?sid=kotakuip&...2528Kotaku%2529

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Mar 3 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #4583

Batman.

Didn't know microsoft compensated RRoD'd customers with a month's free subscriprion to Xbox Live Gold. Nice.

It's my old console, just fixed. Friends of mine all had theirs replaced. Must have has a dust + fan problem too as it's a lot quieter now.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 3 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #4584

Learning to walk again

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 3 2010, 10:49 AM) *
More of the Portal stuff that's been uncovered:

http://m.kotaku.com/site?sid=kotakuip&...2528Kotaku%2529

You ask: Why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: Why not marry safe science if you love it so much. laugh.gif

Thanks for posting, interesting stuff. I hope the March 11th speculation is right, I'd love to have something more concrete!

QUOTE (Everlong @ Mar 3 2010, 11:18 AM) *
Didn't know microsoft compensated RRoD'd customers with a month's free subscriprion to Xbox Live Gold. Nice.

I think they send one out with any repair - I got one returned when my Xbox had a disc tray problem.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Mar 3 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #4585

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 1 2010, 11:14 AM) *
What endings did you get? I'll spoiler mi e in case you want to discover them for yourself (and for people whohavent played yet)

Mine were: Ethan,Madison and Shaun move into a new apartment together; Jayden is on TV, throws the drugs away and then sees the ARI tanks without the glasses on; Lauren spits on Shelbys grave.
I think that's about it. Seems I must've got the best endings for everyone.

A few plot holes/unexplained things I didn't like (though maybe you find out if things go different: Ethan blacks out then always wakes up at the same place with an Origami dog (it's carnaby square isn't it? Where Shelbys brother dies?). This was never explained and it seemed a bit silly. It's supposed to make him suspicious of being the killer though I didn't believe it for a second. And it's left completely unexplained. Why does he go there? Why does ge have origami figures in his hand?

I also thought Ethan was a fanny with the trials. I would have read all the clues, written each one down then rushed to them all as quick as I could. He does one at a time and fannies about wasting so much time between each one. Also he read them in too convenient an order. What if he'd got to the poison one first? ( I didn't drink the "poison" as I figured I could work out the location from what I had).

I also thought it was silly that Shelby was supposed to have killed the typewriter guy but you, as the player controlling him, don't see it.

Still. None of it was enough to make me dislike the game. Just a few things I thought were silly. Though maybe someone will point out how wrong I am smile.gif

The ending credits were bitching as well.

Also thought it was odd there was no consequence for killing that guy as Ethan. I guess he could have lied and said Shelby was physically there and forced him to do it. I wasn't expecting to get the happy Ethan ending as i'd killed that bloke.

I was thinking back on some choices and how different it might have made my outcomes. I'm looking forward to trying things out.

I have just got the happy ending now, although I cocked up with Lauren in the car and left her in there. Whoops, so she was the only different bit, it was just his gravestone by itself instead.

I think the reason he did them in order is that the killer was watching so could just kill Shaun or Ethan if he didn't do as he was told. However, this led me to think, what if you, as Shelby die part way through the game. Would that mean that Ethan would do the trials but not get the clues as no one would be watching. Also, how did Shelby know when Ethan was going to be at each of the trials anyway so he could watch and send the message? And as for the letters, I knew it was Theodore Roosevelt something or other from the 2nd trial onwards so it wouldn't have taken him a lot of effort to tell the police "Shaun is somewhere here, you have 3 days to find him kthanxbai!"

Still, great game.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 3 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #4586

Serenity.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Mar 3 2010, 07:37 PM) *
I have just got the happy ending now, although I cocked up with Lauren in the car and left her in there. Whoops, so she was the only different bit, it was just his gravestone by itself instead.

I think the reason he did them in order is that the killer was watching so could just kill Shaun or Ethan if he didn't do as he was told. However, this led me to think, what if you, as Shelby die part way through the game. Would that mean that Ethan would do the trials but not get the clues as no one would be watching. Also, how did Shelby know when Ethan was going to be at each of the trials anyway so he could watch and send the message? And as for the letters, I knew it was Theodore Roosevelt something or other from the 2nd trial onwards so it wouldn't have taken him a lot of effort to tell the police "Shaun is somewhere here, you have 3 days to find him kthanxbai!"

Still, great game.

Agreed. Silly plot points. That he didn't get the police on side straight away I thought was weak.
You make a good point. It'd be Interesting to see how things change if he dies early on. He must be able to die before all trials are done. There's no way that the answer will be given no matter what if it wants to remain realistic. You'd have tohope the devs have put something in place if that does happen. I mean all the clues are near to the trials (glovebox of car, under table you cut your finger off on etc) so maybe Ethan just searches around if he gets no response.

I want to get the "Perfect crime" trophy and then I'm going to see if i can get Shelby killed ASAP and see how it changes everything.

It was cool how different our initial endings were though as well I thought

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 4 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #4587

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

So what are the best iPhone/iPod touch games?
I have:

Bejeweled 2
Beneath a Steel Sky
Broken Sword
CardShark Solitaire
Chess with Friends
Columns DLX
FS5 Hockey
Labyrinth 2
Monkey Island
Myst
Puzzle Bobble
Super Monkey Ball 2
The Sims 3
Words with Friends

Monkey Ball, Labyrinth 2, Words with Friends, and Puzzle Bobble I would especially recommend.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Mar 4 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #4588

Batman.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 4 2010, 12:48 PM) *
So what are the best iPhone/iPod touch games?

:Shift:
Angry Birds
Flightcontrol
Chain Rxn

All addictive.

Also, there's this funny little app called 'Pocket god', It's not a game as such, but you get these little pygmy guys on an island, and can kill 'em off in different ways, and there's always free updates with new islands etc.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 4 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #4589

Serenity.

I play chess with friends! We should play each other (my username is Goseki1) though I should warn you I'm terrible.

I don't really get Bejewelled. I play it but it's too easy and not that fun.

My favourite games are:
Peggle
Bookworm
Plants Vs Zombies
Civilization
GTA: Chinatown wars is really quite good as well
I'll pick up FF1 & 2 at some point on sale.

Think I'll have a look at words with friends.

EDIT: oh it's scrabble but online...awesome. What's your username?

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Mar 4 2010, 02:43 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 5 2010, 05:52 AM
Post #4590

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

My username on both is ltzouka, but I too am rubbish at chess. That means our games will either be nicely even, or shit. Perhaps both.

I play Words a lot, though.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 304 305 306 307 308 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:25 AM