monkeyman
post Apr 22 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #4876

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 22 2010, 09:58 AM) *
<Just Cause 2 stuff>

Are you playing on PS3? Is the record->Upload to YouTube feature as good as it sounded?

I quite enjoyed the demo and I'll probably pick this up when it's cheap. Zooming around with the hook and chute was awesome fun.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Apr 22 2010, 10:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 22 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #4877

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 22 2010, 11:54 AM) *
Are you playing on PS3? Is the record->Upload to YouTube feature as good as it sounded?

I quite enjoyed the demo and I'll probably pick this up when it's cheap. Zooming around with the hook and chute was awesome fun.

Nope, 360. I didn't even know about that feature. I just bought it for the blowing up of things. It has met that criteria admirably.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 22 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #4878

Serenity.

Ah fair enough. On the PS3 it auto records the last 30 seconds of play (to capture awesome random moments) and you can also set it to record the next 10 minutes of gameplay for when you're going to pull off some stunts etc. More games need that kind of thing.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 22 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #4879

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

We started co-opping on Splinter Cell Conviction last night. Once we got to grips with all the technical aspects of the gameplay you can really get into the swing of being a black-ops badass. With the stealth aspects to the game I was reminded of the trickier Arkham Asylum moments when you could not alert anyone to your presence. In SCC, by mastering control over your massive array of weapons and tech you get a good feeling of satisfaction sneaking in and clearing a room. I'm not so sure about the storyline - it seems only to flesh out bits of the Sam Fisher campaign story, so I didn't feel too involved with the characters. The cinematography (or whatever you call that in a game) is impressive and there are tons of lovely details like graphics and flashbacks projected onto walls.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Apr 22 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #4880

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 22 2010, 02:31 PM) *
We started co-opping on Splinter Cell Conviction last night. Once we got to grips with all the technical aspects of the gameplay you can really get into the swing of being a black-ops badass. With the stealth aspects to the game I was reminded of the trickier Arkham Asylum moments when you could not alert anyone to your presence. In SCC, by mastering control over your massive array of weapons and tech you get a good feeling of satisfaction sneaking in and clearing a room. I'm not so sure about the storyline - it seems only to flesh out bits of the Sam Fisher campaign story, so I didn't feel too involved with the characters. The cinematography (or whatever you call that in a game) is impressive and there are tons of lovely details like graphics and flashbacks projected onto walls.

I wish I liked stealth games as they always seem to have the most interesting plots and be really satisfying but I just can't get over how annoying I find it when you get found out and have to start all over again. There are so many games I have started and never finished because they throw in an "Instant Game Over If You Get Caught" level just to mix it up a bit.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 22 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #4881

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Apr 22 2010, 03:24 PM) *
I wish I liked stealth games as they always seem to have the most interesting plots and be really satisfying but I just can't get over how annoying I find it when you get found out and have to start all over again. There are so many games I have started and never finished because they throw in an "Instant Game Over If You Get Caught" level just to mix it up a bit.

The co-op was a lot easier in that respect - it would only send you back to the last save point. Equally the campaign (of which I played the first few minutes) did something similar - on the 'Rookie' setting at least!

+Quote Post
Llama
post Apr 22 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #4882

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 22 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Some more nice Red dead Redemption screenshots:

Drool.

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Apr 22 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #4883

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

Finished Metal Gear Solid 4 twice this past week. I can't believe how long some of the cutscenes went on, especially the last one. wacko.gif

Now making my way through the God of War Collection. So far it's pretty good.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 22 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #4884

Serenity.

MGS4 was incredible. As was the God of war series (particularly 3).

Hayleigh traded Modern Warfare 2 for me at CEX and got 21 for it (2 less than I paid brand new!) and picked up Battlefield bad company 2. Looking forward to getting into that; the online sure bests the shit out of MW2, I know that fir sure.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 23 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #4885

Serenity.

A new Multiplayer trailer for RDR has been released:

clicky

Looks aaaaawesome.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 23 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #4886

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Apr 22 2010, 11:26 AM) *
Is EarthBound as great as everyone says?

It's good, but I think the nostalgia factor is what ramps it up to greatness in some peoples minds. The gameplay is standard a turn based affair but it's the distinct plot, graphics and setting that make it stand out. It's worth putting at least a few hours into if only because it's such a unique RPG.
A translation for Mother 3 (aka Earthbound 2) can be found here. You'll need a rom to patch, but this semi-sequel (name only, not plot continuation)improves almost all aspects of the game.
Plus as a minor bonus, once you've played these two you'll finally know who Ness and Lucas are in Smash Bros. wink.gif

This post has been edited by zeden: Apr 23 2010, 07:20 AM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Apr 23 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #4887

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 23 2010, 07:30 AM) *
A new Multiplayer trailer for RDR has been released:

clicky

Looks aaaaawesome.

Excite-O-Meter...peaking!

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 24 2010, 04:07 AM
Post #4888

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (zeden @ Apr 23 2010, 12:18 AM) *
It's good, but I think the nostalgia factor is what ramps it up to greatness in some peoples minds. The gameplay is standard a turn based affair but it's the distinct plot, graphics and setting that make it stand out. It's worth putting at least a few hours into if only because it's such a unique RPG.
A translation for Mother 3 (aka Earthbound 2) can be found here. You'll need a rom to patch, but this semi-sequel (name only, not plot continuation)improves almost all aspects of the game.
Plus as a minor bonus, once you've played these two you'll finally know who Ness and Lucas are in Smash Bros. wink.gif

Downloaded, thanks. I understand that Mother 3 is a "sequel" to EarthBound in the way that Pokemon Ruby is a "sequel" to Pokemon Gold - same world, same mechanics, but otherwise completely different.

I know Mother was on the NES, but NES RPGs are very simplistic so I think I'll give that one a miss. Everyone only seems to talk about 2 and 3 anyway.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Apr 24 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #4889

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

Apple Ipad - Rooster Teeth style.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Apr 24 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #4890

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

I really enjoyed Splinter Cell Conviction, but sadly it's too easy (I played it on Realistic right from the start and it was still piss easy), and too short.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 324 325 326 327 328 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:25 PM