Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
NiteFall
post May 11 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #4966

Invader.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,823

Been playing Just Cause 2. Silly fun. I mean, what's not to like about a game that lets you jump out of a helicopter, grappling hook over to an airliner, take control of that then use it to commit vehicular assault while you casually float down on a parachute tossing grenades at people?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post May 11 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #4967

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (weputthemdown583 @ May 11 2010, 05:03 PM) *
I was really looking forward to Via Domus.
It was shit. But do stick with it (if you can), there are some cool moments. It's let down by, as you said the voice acting and also the load times between areas, infuriating puzzles and confusing story.
I'm hoping that once the show is over, someone takes the time to make an amazing game where you can explore a full island, free of load times. Perhaps an original story with original characters. You could play as a castaway or an other....Playing an other would be so cool, stealthily infiltrating camps, abducting people on the list...so much scope for an amazing game.

Too true.

Or even a Battle Royale game. Have it set in college so no one can say it's kids killing kids.

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post May 12 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #4968

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

Anyone heard/seen anything of Red Dead Redemption? Read a pretty glowing preview a little while back and they've stepped up with a big ad campaign. Definitely looks the part.

+Quote Post
Outatime
post May 12 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #4969

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

There's been a lot of preview videos on their site, looks pretty good.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post May 12 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #4970

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

The new rocket knight game is in the PSN today.....I must have it.

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post May 12 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #4971

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

I have 3D Dot Game Heroes!

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post May 13 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #4972

Serenity.

!
I am jealous. Let us all know what you think.

I just went to look at play.com to see when it's out here and it already is....wish I had more money. I can afford Red Dead Redemption this month but want that and Modnation racers this month sad.gif. Guess I'll have to spread them out over the next few months.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: May 13 2010, 08:00 AM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post May 13 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #4973

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

I'm a little way into EarthBound now (I just beat Frank). It's very grind-heavy, but I'm enjoying it. It's so delightfully quirky.

+Quote Post
zeden
post May 14 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #4974

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

That's a perfect description of it I reckon. It's got a charm all of its own.

I'm officially hooked on Beautiful Katamari, more so than anything since Mass Effect 2. Can't even figure out quite why given it's short levels and simple idea. Might be the pretty colours and funky beats that have me more than the game itself but whatever the case I love it.

I'm also playing Assasins Creed 2 and enjoying it far more than I expected to during my second session. It felt like a dull slog to start with but now I'm a few areas into the game and have an increasingly interesting array of killing methods at my disposal it's proving its worth.
The only potential problem I see coming is that I think I've figured out how to break the fighting mechanic almost completely, negating it altogether even. It seems climbing a wall when surrounded by enemies then pressing X to insta-kill one of them then repeating the process is infallable. If that's the case I can see a good chunk of the game being ruined for me.

+Quote Post
Outatime
post May 14 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #4975

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

QUOTE (zeden @ May 14 2010, 08:42 AM) *
That's a perfect description of it I reckon. It's got a charm all of its own.

I'm officially hooked on Beautiful Katamari, more so than anything since Mass Effect 2. Can't even figure out quite why given it's short levels and simple idea. Might be the pretty colours and funky beats that have me more than the game itself but whatever the case I love it.

I'm also playing Assasins Creed 2 and enjoying it far more than I expected to during my second session. It felt like a dull slog to start with but now I'm a few areas into the game and have an increasingly interesting array of killing methods at my disposal it's proving its worth.
The only potential problem I see coming is that I think I've figured out how to break the fighting mechanic almost completely, negating it altogether even. It seems climbing a wall when surrounded by enemies then pressing X to insta-kill one of them then repeating the process is infallable. If that's the case I can see a good chunk of the game being ruined for me.

I like the look of Katamari but I think I'd be shit at it, I have difficulty with the controls.

As for Assassins Creed 2 I think you'll find as you get further through the game the different weapons guards have mean that's not possible, although I wouldn't swear to it.

+Quote Post
zeden
post May 14 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #4976

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Katamari certainly falls under the umbrella of easy to play difficult to master. Took me a good long while before I was finishing the levels with good scores or at all in a few cases. Now though, I've managed to perfect score at least four of the levels. Practice makes perfect.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post May 14 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #4977

Serenity.

Katamari is great fun. So is Noby noby boy. Great quirky awesomeness.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post May 14 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #4978

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Noby Noby Boy falls into it's own category of supreme weirdness. I wonder how far they've managed to stretch Girl.
Also, has anyone played Flower yet? I keep seeing it mentioned as being supremely beautiful and compelling in a weird way, but nobody seems to want to elaborate any further.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post May 16 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #4979

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Chelsea picked up Half-Minute Hero a couple of days ago, and it sounds great.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post May 17 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #4980

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Finished Just Cause 2 and have flogged it on eBay to get the funds for Red Dead Redemption on Friday. I'm really really excited about it but there are no reviews online yet, apart from a couple of glowing printed reviews that I have seen. This weekend will be eaten almost completely by it I hope.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 330 331 332 333 334 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:56 PM