> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Jimmay
post Jun 14 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #5251

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Rua @ Jun 14 2010, 12:10 PM) *
I'd have to say I am. It's very good. Although sometimes it does feel a little too much like Grand Theft Auto: The Western & that you've played it before. Overall though it is pretty great & I like pretending to be a Cowboy. Super Mario Galaxy 2 arrived the other day though & it's staring at me with puppy dog eyes.

I'd forgotten about Mario Galaxy 2. I enjoyed playing the first one so I may have to pick that one up as I'm not sure what to play now that I've finished Red Dead Redemption. Especially as the multiplayer is so broken as to make it almost unplayable. And apparently they've halved the amount of XP you get from doing Gang Hideouts which will double the time between levelling up which is kind of shitty.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jun 14 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #5252

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 14 2010, 10:15 AM) *
EDIT: And Microsofts Natal is going to be called "Kineckt"
I'd kind of forgotten that Natal was just a codename. Natal was a much better name, not to mention it's a name that's already quite ingrained in the public consciousness, so it seems Quite pointless to change the name and have to start tje marketing process from scratch.

I thought exactly the same thing with the Wii, when everyone had got used to calling it the Revolution. Doesn't seem to have done that any harm. Throughout our whole development time on PDZ, the console was known as Xenon, but it didn't take me long to get used to "Xbox 360".

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 14 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #5253

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Yeah I guess they can roll out a brand new marketing scheme now to keep it fresh. It's just like the Revolution I thought Natal was a much better name.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jun 14 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #5254

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

Natal is a way better name.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Jun 14 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #5255

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Watching the Microsoft E3 conference here. The technology's impressive but the applications are dull and uninspired, mostly Wii Sports/Fit clones. I'll pass.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 14 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #5256

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Project Natal- so good it can pre-emptively track your movements!

laugh.gif
Anyway- Scott Pilgrim The Game.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 14 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #5257

Serenity.

Metal Gear Solid:Rising trailer
Looks cutty.

+Quote Post
logger
post Jun 14 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #5258

Guests

Looks cool but the cutting people up looks a bit fucked up. I still find it hard to have much love for Raiden too.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #5259

Serenity.

The missions after you've killed Dutch are painfully dull. I have a feeling I know what's going to happen though, luckily I haven't had anything about the end spoiled for me.

In other MGS news; Peace Walker is fucking fantastic. Lots to see and do, great visuals, great depth and great RPG elements. The partially animated comic book cutscenes are beautiful as well.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jun 15 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #5260

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 15 2010, 10:24 AM) *
The missions after you've killed Dutch are painfully dull. I have a feeling I know what's going to happen though, luckily I haven't had anything about the end spoiled for me.

Just keep on at it mate (and I like that you're still keeping up with the spoilers despite your cock up the other day.)

I got into my router settings last night and changed my NAT settings for my Xbox to open so hopefully all issues that I've had with games like Left 4 Dead and more recently RDR will disappear. I managed to play for a couple of hours last night on RDR online without getting booted out once so looks like I've sorted it. I levelled up nicely for my trouble. The game is back in my good books again.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jun 15 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #5261

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

Does anyone else's mini map go sort of blurry in Tall Trees? I can't work out whether I've got a dodgy copy or if it's something to do with the new TV we got...

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 15 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #5262

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I wish this was real..

Goldeneye remake for Wii.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #5263

Serenity.

It is real isn't it? At least a lot of the game news sites I follow on twitter seem to have confirmed it.

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jun 15 2010, 10:26 AM) *
Just keep on at it mate (and I like that you're still keeping up with the spoilers despite your cock up the other day.)

If I could edit my old post then it wouldn't look as silly and pointless laugh.gif

I'll hopefully get it finished before the weekend. I may then get 3D Dot Heroes or buy a few PSN titles; Joe Danger,Flower, PixelJunk Eden/Shooter, Braid etc. Though I might just wait until they finally release Castke Crashers on the PSN.

Speaking of the PSN I'm really intriuged to hear their PSN Premium announcement. I did the questionnaire asking what you'd Want and how much you'd pay for the service. One of the best they had was 2.99 a month and access to all PS1 classics, access to all betas and a bunch of other stuff.

Having said that their track record isn't great so no doubt it'll be 12.99 a month and the only way to get cross game chat (which wad actually another of the options you could rate)

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jun 15 2010, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 15 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #5264

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 15 2010, 11:12 AM) *
It is real isn't it? At least a lot of the game news sites I follow on twitter seem to have confirmed it.

Really? Sweet. Strange that it's Craig instead of Brosnan though. Guess they wanted to remarket it a bit.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jun 15 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #5265

QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 15 2010, 10:32 AM) *
Does anyone else's mini map go sort of blurry in Tall Trees? I can't work out whether I've got a dodgy copy or if it's something to do with the new TV we got...

That sometimes happens to me but not in any specific area. The game can be pretty glitchy at times so it's probably just a random occurence I'm afraid.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 349 350 351 352 353 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:29 PM