> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #5266

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

A little bit more j fo' on The Old Republic

Every player, regardless of their chosen class, will get their own starship to command across the galaxy.

Of course, it would be pretty boring to have an entire galaxy packed with a handful of similar ships. To combat this, BioWare has created a robust customization package so that you can fully trick out your ship with premade gear sets or your own hand-picked items. Though BioWare isn't showing off the ships in action just yet, they assure us that there will be thousands of different variations so that each person can feel as if they have a unique vessel.

Awesomesauce.
Really looking forward to when they announce "mounts" as well. I'm assuming for the most part they'll be sand speeders or whatever they're called. So so looking forward to getting into this (hopefully...)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jun 15 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #5267

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jun 15 2010, 11:35 AM) *
That sometimes happens to me but not in any specific area. The game can be pretty glitchy at times so it's probably just a random occurence I'm afraid.

Ah, well at least I'm not completely alone. Maybe they'll patch it at some point.

Happy to see a free co-op pack (Outlaws to the End) going up on the 22nd - I was expecting to have to pay through the nose for that.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jun 15 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #5268

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 15 2010, 12:52 PM) *
A little bit more j fo' on The Old Republic

Awesomesauce.
Really looking forward to when they announce "mounts" as well. I'm assuming for the most part they'll be sand speeders or whatever they're called. So so looking forward to getting into this (hopefully...)

I'll wager there will still be a zillion Millennium Falcon clones zipping around.

Can I place an order for an Imperial Speeder bike for my mount? (yes, I know it's set long before the days of the Empire!).

Just seen a trail for Battlestar Galactica On Line, looks pretty good, provided it was actual game play rather than a cut scene!

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #5269

Serenity.

True true, but mine will damn sure be unique as I can make it. I do love customisation in games. It majes me wonder if there'll be some form of space combat at some point as well, that'd certainly mix things up a bit (I know the Star Trek MMO does this but that game is apparently fairly mediocre).

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 15 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #5270

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 15 2010, 12:57 PM) *
Happy to see a free co-op pack (Outlaws to the End) going up on the 22nd - I was expecting to have to pay through the nose for that.

Ooo, it's free? I saw it advertised on the title screen, didn't know it would be free though, that's good news. Thought it would be an 800 MSP download.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 15 2010, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jun 15 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #5271

Learning to walk again

Yep! Great stuff.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 15 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #5272

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Everlong @ Jun 15 2010, 11:01 AM) *
I wish this was real..

Goldeneye remake for Wii.

I've seen a trailer for it, so yes, it's real.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Jun 15 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #5273

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

I. Have. RDR. At. Last.

So, girlfriend is round tonight, then working early to late on thursday so early night tomorrow. Then a stag do on the weekend. Damn you why?! wink.gif

I will be posseing up soon though if anyone fancies it.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 15 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #5274

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #5275

Serenity.

Portal 2 on PS3 will be the best version according to Gabe Newall. Interesting. I'm sure he mentioned steam on PS3 as well, I probably misheard/misunderstood him.

New twisted metal looks great fun too. And Patapon 3 biggrin.gif

Infamous 2 is looking awesome as well. I can't believe how much exclusive little additional things Sony bagged (Move compatible Dead Space extraction packaged in with Dead Dpace 2 for example).

Kevin Butler made me chukle as well

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jun 15 2010, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jun 15 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #5276

Learning to walk again

I think he did say Steam.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 15 2010, 10:11 PM) *
Portal 2 on PS3 will be the best version according to Gabe Newall.

Pfffffffffft.

Jealous.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #5277

Serenity.

I'm sure he's just said that to placate fans though, he has said really bad things about the PS3 in the past and I don't really see what they'll do to make it the "best" version. But fuck I love Portal and I'm so happy I'll get to play it and it won't be a shitty mess of a port like the Orange box wad.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 15 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #5278

Serenity.

Finished Red Dead Redemption. The ending has somewhat soured my opinion of the game. Having Narston die seemed so pointless and unaffecting, for me it just didn't fit with the general story and whatnot of the game. If the government etc is willing to exoeng so many soldiers against Narston why wouldn't they do the same for Bill and Dutch? It seems to undo the main thread holding the story together. I'm glad I got to repeatedly shoot Agent Ross in his stupid face or I would have been even more irritated.

I dunno it's just after the whole tedium and draginess (yeah) of the middle section in Mexico, and then mist of the useless characters in Blackwater and real inconsistencies in Johns character I'd be hard pressed to say the story is good. If I talk about it in a general way it is actually mostly a decent story but focus on mist of it and it turns to shit.

There is so much to like in this game; the shooting, deadeye, the improved cover, hunting, the lighting and landscapes, tge minigames, mist of the stranger missions (though again inconsistencies there), the horse riding, the kit bag/item useage and collection, the ambient missions are fantastic fun too. But Christ the story when actually examined is pretty dire.

I'm quite tired and headachey so maybe that doesn't make much sense and naybe I'll have gotten over it by morning but; though I really loved the game as a whole, the story and ending were pretty poor. After such great characters are introduced in the first section it was such a dissapointment hue much it sagged after that (in terms of story progression and characterisation). Apologies for typos, too much and too tired to check.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jun 16 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #5279

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

QUOTE (Jubei @ Jun 15 2010, 03:43 PM) *
I. Have. RDR. At. Last.

So, girlfriend is round tonight, then working early to late on thursday so early night tomorrow. Then a stag do on the weekend. Damn you why?! wink.gif

I will be posseing up soon though if anyone fancies it.

Have I got you on Live?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 16 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #5280

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

WarHammer 40k the MMO. I might have to play this when it comes out.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 350 351 352 353 354 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:39 AM