> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jun 24 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #5311

Better to reign in hell...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 24 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Is that good? I was sorely tempted to get it the other week as I've heard nothing but good things about it. Add me anyway man. PSN ID: Goseki1

It is. It's a bit like Trials HD only more cartoony, more forgiving, and less twitchy. One of the programmers on it is my mate's former housemate, so I'd been following the progress of the development for quite a while. Really glad they've got such good reviews after putting in all that work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 1 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #5312

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

If anyone wants the free Red Dead Revolver theme I won for the 360 the code is - DCW4B-4TMMT-RG9FG-FGDYW-GWCYT
Not quite as nice as the potential 400 MS points I could have won really.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 1 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #5313

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

How'd you win?

I'm going to have to rent Singularity and Transformers at some point I thunk. Can't decide between buying 3D Dot Heroes and Modnation racers at the mo...

Edit:Nevermind, Game made up my mind there. They're trying to sell 3D Dot Heroes for 40 (can get it for 30 on Play.com), and also Modnation Racers for 45! Got Modnation from HMV for 40 instead.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jul 1 2010, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Jul 1 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #5314

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 21 2010, 10:25 PM) *
laugh.gif It's so true.

That'd be how I play wink.gif Although I've started playing scrabble at work on a chess clock with a 25 minute timer each, makes the game very different!

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jul 1 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #5315

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

*Mental note: Don't play Scrabble with Jubei.*

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jul 1 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #5316

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I'm enjoying Dragon Age: Origins. I'm a City Elf and I couldn't decide whether to be nice or nasty at first, but after some human guy bitch slapped me the choice became clear. I ended him. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jul 1 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #5317

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

Been playing Crackdown 2 the past couple of nights, I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 2 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #5318

Serenity.

Modnation racers really is bloody good. For a start, at the moment this is what my racer looks like:

And this is the kart I'm driving:

These were both fan made using the in game tools.

The racing is brilliant and has a fair bit of tactical depth to it. There aren't a huge amount of weapon/boost pickups but there are 3 levels for each one, so if you hold off using a weapon and collect 3 weapon pickups you wil have a much more powerful attack (or warp in regards to the boost pickup). For example; The first rocket pickup just gives you a single straight firing middle, the second level rocket gives you three homing missiles and the third level gives you a swarm of homing missiles. Of course you might get blown up before you can use the weapon so there's a decision you have to make whether to keep or use a pickup or risk losing it completely.
You build up a boost bar by drafting, drifting, getting air and things, it can be used for a speed boost (obviously) but you can also press circle for a shield to protect you from incoming attacks (though it drains the boost bar really quickly).

There's shortcuts and collectibles to find, an awesome track creator and racer/kart editing tools. Really looking forward to getting into this some more.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 4 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #5319

When doves cry

Those are pretty damned impressive for user made content.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jul 1 2010, 04:44 PM) *
How'd you win?

It was a dashboard competition, download a gamer pic and a trailer and you get entered. I use my own pictures for the dashboard background so a theme is a tad useless to me alas.

I just played The Passing content for Left 4 Dead 2 and I'm heart broken, Bill's dead! And he was always my character of choice too. sad.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jul 4 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #5320

Serenity.

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 4 2010, 01:23 PM) *
Those are pretty damned impressive for user made content.

It was a dashboard competition, download a gamer pic and a trailer and you get entered. I use my own pictures for the dashboard background so a theme is a tad useless to me alas.

I just played The Passing content for Left 4 Dead 2 and I'm heart broken, Bill's dead! And he was always my character of choice too. sad.gif

They are indeed, the game is awesome fun. Maybe get some three-way (hurr) split screen on the go when you're up (hurr)

And how does Bill die? Does that mean he won't be available in expansions etc? It's an interesting choice considering the style of game

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 4 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #5321

When doves cry

I have no idea. It seems that the DLC for Left 4 Dead will explain how the characters come to meet and that characters fate. Nothing is even made of it in The Passing, his corpse is laid up near the generator you have to fill at the end of the level. And Zoe, Luis and Francis mention nothing to boot.
It really begs the question of what the other level will entail in LFD, given that one of the four playable character has to die by the end of that scenario the finale should be very interesting. I kind of hope they break with convention and add a cut scene of some sort, I'd hate for it to be something that's just glossed over by the other characters in the "we don't have time to think about this now" style.

Also, just on the subject of The Passing, there was a nice Dead Rising reference scrawled on one of the walls, it seems the maintenance man is still helping out a certain photographer during this zombie outbreak-
Otis,
Out of film, No Helicopter
Zombies are too fast.
Not going to make it.

Frank West

happy.gif

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Jul 4 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #5322

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 4 2010, 07:49 PM) *
I have no idea. It seems that the DLC for Left 4 Dead will explain how the characters come to meet and that characters fate. Nothing is even made of it in The Passing, his corpse is laid up near the generator you have to fill at the end of the level. And Zoe, Luis and Francis mention nothing to boot.

In the game I played, Francis says "We just lost one of our own and another is injured" or words to that effect.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 4 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #5323

When doves cry

Must have missed that, it's nice that it's at least acknowledged. I was wondering why Luis was sat down looking a bit ragged when I came face to face with the gang in part two of level as well so that's two aspects of the next LDC I'm curious about now.

+Quote Post
Bloomeeney
post Jul 5 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #5324

I'm an evil werewolf!

Member No.: 2,245

Got me Red Dead Redemption at the weekend (yes I know I'm a bit behind!) Played a couple of missions so far and it looks pretty good! Is there still a Spaced Out Posse on live???

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jul 5 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #5325

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

I don't think there ever has been, we should organise a time for us to all get on there.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 353 354 355 356 357 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:30 PM