Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Atara
post Jan 19 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #5881

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,814

Microsoft need to sort their greed out or people are going to tire of paying for something that users on other platforms get for free. They also need to get some more decent exclusives. Poor 360, all dusty and lonely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jan 19 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #5882

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

I think the advantage that 360 has though is that nearly everyone I know with a choice prefers it. So I reckon on all the cross-platform games it probably gets the most purchases/plays. I think it's still the best platform available, and a fee like paying 35 a year for LIVE is definitely worth it, stops so much hassle with hackers and stuff.

This post has been edited by Hobbes: Jan 19 2011, 11:31 AM

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jan 19 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #5883

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

I have 8.00 to spend on my game card.
Any recommendations?
Ideally on xbox.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 19 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #5884

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

The 360 has a better controller for modern games. The position of the analogue sticks on the PS3 is stupid considering the L-stick is the primary input for every single game on the market. That was a HUGE factor for me.

They aren't my cup of tea, but Halo and Gears of War are massive franchises that just rake in the cash. PS3 may have more exclusives, but be honest - Killzone, Resistance: Fall of Man etc don't bring anything like as much attention really.

I think we discussed this before, but cross-platform games almost always look better on 360, too. PS3 exclusives look amazing, but games released on both don't look so good.

The final say on which console is best can only be down to you, though.

+Quote Post
logger
post Jan 19 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #5885

Guests

Your mom hates Dead Space 2

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 19 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #5886

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 19 2011, 06:38 PM) *
The 360 has a better controller for modern games. The position of the analogue sticks on the PS3 is stupid considering the L-stick is the primary input for every single game on the market. That was a HUGE factor for me.

I can't agree with that. Off centre analogues feel awful to me. Agreed that it's each to their own though. I love my PS3 and it's exclusives. If I have to take some slightly less better looking cross platform games (Red Dead for example), I can live with that. I own both anyways but games like Uncharted and Infamous are deal breakers for me.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jan 19 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #5887

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I gave FNV a whirl for a few hours today to de-stress after my exam. I was wondering why Rex kept attacking people at Camp McCarran - I guess it's because they were wearing hats and he doesn't like hats. I had to reload a few times before I figured it was best to just leave him by the gate until I was done.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 20 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #5888

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 19 2011, 07:44 PM) *
I can't agree with that. Off centre analogues feel awful to me. Agreed that it's each to their own though. I love my PS3 and it's exclusives. If I have to take some slightly less better looking cross platform games (Red Dead for example), I can live with that. I own both anyways but games like Uncharted and Infamous are deal breakers for me.

Exactly, to each his own. Ever since the GameCube I've felt that having the stick where the D-pad used to be makes sense, because the L-stick now performs the functions of the D-pad. The thumbs rest naturally on the L-stick and the face buttons, then you reach down for the D-pad and the R-stick, which are secondary in games to the face buttons. Swapping the two around as in the PS3 makes little sense to me, other than to preserve the now dated look of the original DualShock.

I think that the gap between the two machines has never been closer. When the two first came on to the market, the PS3 was way behind (as was the PSP). Sony was really in trouble, I thought. The PS3 and 360 are now so close they almost blur into one (though the PSP is still behind on the DS, but Nintendo can never, ever be beaten on handhelds, ever).

It all goes with what you personally prefer, and for me the 360 is where it's at. I'm sure that had I bought a PS3, I'd feel the same about that.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 20 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #5889

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

That's such an irritating trait for a companion to have. It's like Boones hard on for killing Legion baddies except far more irritating.

Picked Dragon Age back up in an effort to get to the Awakenings content ahead of the sequels release. It's funny just how quickly a fight can turn with very little visual hint as to why. Sometimes I'm fighting away when suddenly it's like a switch has been flipped and all my physical attackers drop like flies. I've no doubt that there's magical effects or debuffs from nearby archers and the like, I just hope that Bioware have figured out how to give more information in the form of visual effects in the next installment.
Speaking of which, I was reading that the combat has had a big overhaul, the biggest part being that button inputs almost immediately translate to on screen action. I'm not all that sure about whether it'll feel like the same game given that pausing and choosing tactics is a big part of the original, but I'll be interested to see what they do all the same.

This post has been edited by zeden: Jan 20 2011, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jan 20 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #5890

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

I'd nom that om...

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Jan 20 2011, 01:11 AM

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jan 20 2011, 09:16 AM
Post #5891

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 19 2011, 06:38 PM) *
The 360 has a better controller for modern games.

I just think it feels so much more comfortable to hold. I had a PS2 (and PS1) before I got my Xbox and the controllers just don't compare in terms of comfort. I hate the triggers on the PS3 controllers too, I couldn't happily play an FPS with those unless I got the clip on triggers.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Jan 21 2011, 12:49 AM
Post #5892

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

FF XIII - 2?

Really? Huh.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 21 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #5893

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Guess we ought to brace ourselves for Dress Spheres MKII. Considering the paradigm shift combat of XIII was basically dress sphere plus auto attacking I dread to think how they will change it for this sequel.
All I can say is that Deus Ex had better be absolutely stellar if I'm ever going to spend money on another Square Enix product. This premeditated franchising of games even before they are released is killing the company for me, the main FF games themselves looking to be little more than the hook to get you paying for more character development and continuation of the lackluster plot these days.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jan 21 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #5894

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Rua @ Jan 21 2011, 12:49 AM) *
FF XIII - 2?

Wut.

I'm sad now.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Jan 21 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #5895

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

It beggars belief really & won't be released over here until Winter 2012.

Square Enix Europe has said that the game "exceeds Final Fantasy XIII in every aspect", with its every aspect being evolved including the battle system

Trailer here, if you could call it that.

I don't know if I'm more annoyed at them or my future self for caving & buying it, if it gets a decent review.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 391 392 393 394 395 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:26 PM