Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
blackcherry
post Jan 31 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #5941

I'm down here for your soul

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,295

I've just bought Little Big Planet 2. It should keep Niel amused while I'm away this weekend.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 31 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #5942

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I loved it, there's some fantastic levels and the new gadgets and things they've introduced are great as well.
Once I've finished Dead Space 2 I'll go back and try my hand at creating something

Speaking of Dead Space: it's amazing and the Resident Evil series should really be taking notes

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jan 31 2011, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Jan 31 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #5943

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

Dead Space 2 is very enjoyable so far (I'm up to Chapter 6 now)

Not quite up to the level of the first one though (so far), but it is quite an act to follow.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new talkative Isaac though.

On the Resident Evil subject, I'm expecting something of a "reboot" (approach rather than story) for RE6. We might see zombies again but who knows?

Shame the RE2 HD remake never got past the rumour stage, I would have liked to have seen that.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 31 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #5944

Serenity.

What did you prefer in the first over the sequel?

I like that he talks, I completely broke the immersion for me in the first when something fucked up was happening to him in a cut scene and he'd have his head in his hands with no shouting/crying or anything. It just made him a bit of a hollow character to try and care about.
His shouting obscenitys when you stomp makes me chuckle.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 31 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #5945

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Jan 31 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Dead Space 2 is very enjoyable so far (I'm up to Chapter 6 now)
On the Resident Evil subject, I'm expecting something of a "reboot" (approach rather than story) for RE6. We might see zombies again but who knows?

Zombies, pre-rendered backgrounds and "tank" controls. That's honestly what I want from a Resident Evil game.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 31 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #5946

Serenity.

They've got the tank controls down to a fine art.....

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 31 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #5947

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

The thing is, they did actually work in those games. I never felt like the controls were hindering my experience in any way (apart from aiming sometimes, but they solved that with the semi-autotargeting).

Not being able to just instantly turn and shoot added more suspense to the game, and made chases down the tight corridors more intense. Without those pre-rendered backgrounds and weird controls, you're just left with a third-person shooter. And God knows the market doesn't need more of those.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Jan 31 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #5948

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Has anyone played DC Universe yet? I really want it to be as awesome as I imagine it could be, but I'm guessing it is currently beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil glitches.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 1 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #5949

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Ooo spooky, I logged on just to post about that game. I played the PC beta before it came out and had a lot of fun considering I've never gotten into MMO games in the past. It's definitely more of a console style action adventure affair than the typical online rpgs and for me that's a big draw.
I didn't really have any issues whilst playing it in terms of glitches though from what I read they do exist. The only big issue I know of is the chat function being pretty unweildy though from my experience playing alone can be a lot of fun anyway.
If you fancy a look at it I'd suggest checking out the vids TotalBiscuit has made on Youtube. He does a nice job of talking through the opening of the game and generally showing off what it's all about.
I'm strongly considering buying it and playing for at least a month seeing as I have some holiday coming up and feel an increasing urge to create a badass acrobatic rifle weilding mystic demon spawn. In fact I'm going to buy it right now and get downloading. Hopefully by the end of the night I'll be swooping through Gotham terrorising the pitiful human scum.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 1 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #5950

Serenity.

Ugh, I couldn't have any other movement type except flight, the others are all too slow

Rebus, what MMO's have you played in the past? DCUO is probably the "lightest" MMO I've ever played, but it makes it a bit more fun and easy to play. There is no farming, crafting or Auction Houses yet. And the level cap is 30 which is apparently when the bigger harder "raids" unlock.

I really enjoyed it, but it is really dependent on whether they get a load of cool stuff to do at endgame. They've promised free monthly updates.

The combat is really fun, it's a lot less click and wait than other MMO's, you can do combos and special moves with your regular attacks as well as the usual cooldown dependent skills etc.

I'm sure you can download a digital version and get the free month subscription but I might be wrong.

Edit: Auction houses coming later this month

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Feb 1 2011, 03:51 PM

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Feb 1 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #5951

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

I bought Super Scribblenauts today - has anyone played it?

+Quote Post
Raven
post Feb 1 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #5952

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Haven't been in here for a while - any news on when The Old Republic might be released yet?

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 1 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #5953

Serenity.

Apparently it's been delayed but I can't fund a confirmed article about it

QUOTE (Outatime @ Feb 1 2011, 10:47 PM) *
I bought Super Scribblenauts today - has anyone played it?

It's much better than the first one, I thought. Great fun to mess around with

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Feb 1 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #5954

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

Haven't got the first one, I'm looking forward to having a go on it. I only bought it because I had an HMV voucher I wanted to use before they go bankrupt.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Feb 2 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #5955

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 2 2011, 04:41 AM) *
Rebus, what MMO's have you played in the past? DCUO is probably the "lightest" MMO I've ever played, but it makes it a bit more fun and easy to play. There is no farming, crafting or Auction Houses yet. And the level cap is 30 which is apparently when the bigger harder "raids" unlock.

Was a WoW addict for a while but moved on to LOTRO for about a year, then just got tired of it all for exactly those reasons. The more I read about DC the more I like so I think I'll check it out this month.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 395 396 397 398 399 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:43 PM