> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
fatseff1234
post Feb 17 2011, 07:52 AM
Post #6001

Life's a grave, dig it.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Rebus @ Feb 17 2011, 12:29 AM) *

I was just coming here to post this myself, it looks rather sexy dosen't it.

Really can't wait to hear more on this and get some Zombie bashing on in First Person.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 17 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #6002

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Nice vid. From what little detail there is floating around about gameplay it seems that it's going to be a Left 4 Dead style affair with focus on a continuous plot. Not excited as such but I'll keep an eye on it as details emerge.

Marvel Versus Capcom 3 is in the post on its way to me! Excite!

+Quote Post
Silky
post Feb 17 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #6003

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Looks good but this year It will have to pry me away from Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Shogun 2 Total War and Skyrim.

Good luck with that.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Feb 17 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #6004

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Saw that last night and it looks great, amazing even, but I'll wait for gameplay footage before getting more excited!

Plus as Silky put it, there's a lot of stuff coming out that'll get more attention.

There's already Dead Space 2, Soon there will be Bulletstorm, Dragon Age 2, and later in the year Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, and Gears Of War 3.

That plus I don't spend as much time on gaming. Or money. At least if I do decide to grab a new game at some point I'm spoilt for choice!

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 17 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #6005

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Does anyone remember the cool tech demo from....2007? It showed the different layers each zombie had, bone, muxmscke, skin etc which could get damaged in real time. The game will focus on Melee more then firearms since it doesn't fit the setting to have a ton of guns and grenades lying about.

Pretty sure this is the "Real time damage" tech demo, it won't run on my phone so can't double check

IGN has a preview

And screenshots

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 17 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #6006

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 17 2011, 10:15 AM) *
muxmscke

It looks good, but like others have said it needs to be something special to get my money. There's no shortage of zombie games.

I downloaded Marvel Vs Capcom 2 so I wouldn't be tempted to buy 3. It's got rather a steep learning curve.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 17 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #6007

Serenity.

Christ,that should have said "muscle"

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 17 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #6008

When doves cry

Number three apparently has a simple control option. Not quite sure what it entails but I'll test it when it arrives.
When I tried to play online I found Marvel Versus Capcom 2 painfully unforgiving. It was like everyone I came up against could perform infinite combos effortlessly. And I thought I was good at it. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by zeden: Feb 17 2011, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 18 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #6009

Serenity.

Simple Mode re-maps the three primary attack buttons to focus on special moves and abilities instead of strength-based punches or kicks. So instead of having three different punch/kick buttons, you'll now have one. Instead of having to memorize a series of inputs to execute a special attack, you can simply press one direction and one button. Want to use one of those devastating hyper combos? That's also just one button now. This streamlined approach does have its cost most characters will lose access to several of their moves, including some of the most powerful in the game. It's a handicap that affords you easier, but not necessarily unfair, access to existing special moves.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 18 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #6010

When doves cry

Sounds like it'll provide an in-road for new comers, though by the sounds of things it wont be very conducive to learning the proper controls.

I picked up Borderlands on the cheap yesterday and have been pretty hooked on it so far. Has anyone else got it for the 360 that might fancy a bit of a session sometime soon?

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 18 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #6011

Serenity.

Defo agree with that, it'll let new people see all the new shiny moves but won't help them learn the game at all. Still, it may be enough to get them initially interested in investing the time to play. Ill probably pick it up later in the year.

I got Borderlands dirt cheap as well (PS3 though sad.gif), Ive put it aside for the time being as I'd just come off of playing New Vegas for 90 hours and there were too many shared themes for me to want to get into it right away. Looking forward to when I do though.

I am playing and thoroughly enjoying Just Cause 2 until Killzone 3 is out, it is silly but so fun and has some of the best and most entertaining stuff to do when just dicking around. In terms of things to get up to and making your own fun, it's probably the best open world game for it. The actual story and cutscenes and are wank, but for pure fun and making your own entertainment it's miles ahead of any other open world game.
Also, the PS3 version records the last 30 seconds of game, to catch the amusing one off moments that can occur or you can set it to record the next few minutes if you're setting something up, and save to your HDD or upload to YouTube which is a feature I really wish all games would do.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 19 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #6012

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has committed the cardinal sin of modern gaming.

It's got content on the disc which is locked away, so they can "release" it as a paid DLC in the future.
I fucking hate it when they do that. Making extra stuff after release and charging for it is one thing, but actually making it as part of the game and then deliberately making it unavailable to you unless you give them more money is just disgusting, especially when they charge 40 for the game in the first place.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Feb 19 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #6013

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

@ Zeden.

Apparently Dead Island is going to be more of a Condemned style thing with hints of Elder Scroll RPG thrown in for good measure. Total open world and sandbox setting.

I have had mini orgasms.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Feb 19 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #6014

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

A guy from IGN who is cute tweeted at me biggrin.gif I understand how lame this makes me.

I also discovered my work has a blog, different people do them for different subjects and gaming is not includes so I sent an unprovoked, semi-rant email about it and why I should do it, like an angry job application. Oh my...

This post has been edited by Atara: Feb 19 2011, 06:15 PM

+Quote Post
Raven
post Feb 19 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #6015

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Born of Anger should be the title, should you get the job!

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 399 400 401 402 403 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:17 AM