Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Feb 25 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #6046

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

I'll be getting it on console also. I'd love to get it on PC for mods but it's just not possible (can't afford to upgrade PC).

Bought KZ3 today, resisted splurging on the Helghast edition. I also played MVC3 which I wish I hadn't as now I really want it so badly.
I was reminded how terrible the 360 d-pad is too. I'd have to get the special pad they released if I played on the 360; I really don't understand how the d-pad got through the design and testing phase like that. I kind of feel the sane about the back triggers on the Dualshock 3. Though it's no way near as debilitating (and if you really want you can by little attachments to make them more like 360 triggers).

But yeah, MVC3 is amaze
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atara
post Feb 25 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #6047

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

It got through because it's decent.

Triggers on ps3 controller are shite, I have triggers for it though.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 25 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #6048

Serenity.

Crazy talk, they is awful.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Feb 25 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #6049

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I caved and have ordered Bulletstorm.

I've abandoned gaming for a lot of the last 6 months in favour of getting back into being more creative with stuff, but I felt this was too hard to resist. It looks so mad and violent and fun.

Plus the 'Epic Edition' was cheaper on ebay than the normal edition anywhere. I don't normally go for collectors/special editions but you get access to the Gears Of War 3 multiplayer beta with it (Whenever they release that, presumably about August). Lovely.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Feb 25 2011, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Feb 25 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #6050

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Bulletstorm has set a new standard for FPS's for me. That standard being "Does this game give me extra points for setting someone on fire, flinging him into the air then shooting him in the testicles to put him out?". Seriously though, this is the game that Duke Nukem Forever is going to have to beat to be taken seriously at all (and even then I'll still have trouble), big dumb action filled fun.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Feb 25 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #6051

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Even the demo let me pull someone towards me, then shoot them, then kick them, then shoot the explodey thing into them then detonate them.

Happy times.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Feb 25 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #6052

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

It gets really fun when you get the silly weapons like the sniper rifle with guided bullets or remote detonated explosive bola launcher. Then even more fun when you unlock the upgrades for them.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 25 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #6053

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

It took me time but I adjusted to the 360 pad for fighting games eventually. For Street Fighter style affairs neither the 360 or PS3 has a controller fit for purpose really, a lack of six face buttons to properly map the controlls to is the problem really. I tend to end up using the analogue and d-pad in either case though, switching as and when I need it according to which moves are easier to pull on the different inputs.

Just checked my pre-orders and it seems Deus Ex has had another release date set at last - 27/05/11. So now instead of having Dragon Age 2 and Deus Ex fight for my time DA2 has some nice breathing space. LA Noire and Deus Ex only have a week between them though so I wonder what'll grip me more when both are in my hands. Feels like a good time to be into games, there's a serious abundance of AAA titles this year.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 25 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #6054

Serenity.

True true that they could both do with six button fighting pads (there must be a 3rd party pad that does this?).

I thought Infamous 2 was out next month but that's not till June. Can't afford games next month which sucks as I wanted to get Deus Ex. Portal 2 in April....so many games this year though, you're damn right there

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 25 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #6055

When doves cry

There are fighting pads made by Madcatz but they don't have any analogue sticks at all so they're limited in their use. I'll stick to my arcade stick, that does the job better than the other options.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Feb 25 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #6056

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 25 2011, 09:04 PM) *
True true that they could both do with six button fighting pads (there must be a 3rd party pad that does this?).

I thought Infamous 2 was out next month but that's not till June. Can't afford games next month which sucks as I wanted to get Deus Ex. Portal 2 in April....so many games this year though, you're damn right there

Why can't you afford games? Our wedding anniversary? Yeah that sucks major balls, dickhead tongue.gif

I am getting to do a game blog on our work magazine. Yay!

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 25 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #6057

Serenity.

It sucks I can't afford both tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Feb 25 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #6058

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Oh Lord, Bulletstorm is on Steam, now I'm going to have to get it. And just when the Dead Money DLC was released too, oh well, these tins of beans should see me through the week.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 26 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #6059

When doves cry

QUOTE (Atara @ Feb 25 2011, 09:37 PM) *
I am getting to do a game blog on our work magazine. Yay!

Congraturation! Anything in particular you reckon you'll be focusing on or will it just be assorted gaming gubbins?

The pre-order bonuses for LA Noire have been announced and it seems shopto are going to miss out on my order because they don't have anything to do with it. The details are here.
I've chosen the play.com offer of an extra mission and the soundtrack. Bit of a bugger that there are missions exclusive to different companies though, I'd rather pre-order bonuses were kept standard between retailers if proper content is at stake as opposed to costumes or other superfluous stuff that doesn't matter so much. I did notice a little disclaimer indicating that the content will be available as DLC after 30 days so provided it's not too expensive I can cope with that as a compromise.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Feb 26 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #6060

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Okay, so I've just d/led Dead Money on Steam and now a lot of red exclamation point artifacts for missing code/artwork/whatever have appeared and they‘re EVERYWHERE. Anyone have any ideas, otherwise I guess I'll just wait for a patch.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 402 403 404 405 406 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:54 AM