Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Bloomeeney
post Mar 10 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #6106

I'm an evil werewolf!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,245

Just started playing Fable 3, love the fact that there is a place called 'Mourningwood'. Had me giggling for ages.

Got Mass Effect 2 waiting in the wings too which I am mightily looking forward to.

*EDIT* Just found out the Peggster voices the character of Ben Finn! Wonder who he is.... (Finn, not Pegg obv.)

This post has been edited by Bloomeeney: Mar 10 2011, 02:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 11 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #6107

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Managed to squeeze an hour of Dragon Age 2 in before work last night and it was a tease seeing as I barely got past the demo content. I'm liking the sheer volume of free content that's being given away through various sources, especially the return of the Blood Dragon armor as I didn't expect that to make a second appearance.

I've spent a good chunk of the night getting to grips with the surprisingly payable Facebook game in order to unlock some more free stuff for DA2 and I'd say that it's worth at least a passing look if you're a fan of the series seeing as it's not one of these pointless item trading games and more of a tactical RPG. Another nice little bonus for that is Bioware having linked other games to it so because I've played Mass Effect and signed up for the beta of the Facebook game I get some N7 armor as well as some stuff based on the Deaths Hand character from their increasingl forgotten classic Jade Empire.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 11 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #6108

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 11 2011, 06:59 AM) *
Managed to squeeze an hour of Dragon Age 2 in before work last night and it was a tease seeing as I barely got past the demo content. I'm liking the sheer volume of free content that's being given away through various sources, especially the return of the Blood Dragon armor as I didn't expect that to make a second appearance.

I've spent a good chunk of the night getting to grips with the surprisingly payable Facebook game in order to unlock some more free stuff for DA2 and I'd say that it's worth at least a passing look if you're a fan of the series seeing as it's not one of these pointless item trading games and more of a tactical RPG. Another nice little bonus for that is Bioware having linked other games to it so because I've played Mass Effect and signed up for the beta of the Facebook game I get some N7 armor as well as some stuff based on the Deaths Hand character from their increasingl forgotten classic Jade Empire.

Awesome. I managed to get a good few hours into it, but I've still berely scratched the surface. I pre-ordered from game though, but I've seen no sign of of my pre order bonus content. No insert in the box for it. Strange.
I did have an "Oh my god" moment opening the box and discovering an insert advertising the latest DLC for ME2.
I loved Jade Empire.

+Quote Post
Oh Teh Noes
post Mar 11 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #6109

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,941

I need to get Fable 3. I still need to get around to finishing Fallout 3 too, though...

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 11 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #6110

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I need to get cracking on one of the endings for Fallout New Vegas instead of just wandering about trying to find other quests.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 11 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #6111

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Played GT5, remembered how god awful I am at racing games. Popped in Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Am trying to remember the ending of AC2.
Tempted to start playing ME2

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 12 2011, 06:05 AM
Post #6112

When doves cry

QUOTE (Silky @ Mar 11 2011, 08:52 AM) *
I pre-ordered from game though, but I've seen no sign of of my pre order bonus content. No insert in the box for it. Strange.

Not even for the Black Emporium? That's all that was in the box for me. I was expecting something that unlocked the shield and sword I'd seen as one of the bonuses but when I checked Biowares site it seemed like you had to pre-order from specific places to get it. I could have sworn that wasn't clear when I was ordering but ultimately a few items wont be missed, especially seeing as I've yet to hit even a minor bump in terms of combat thus far.

Speaking of the Black Emporium, I'll be damned if that isn't likely to be one of the funniest places in the game. The tales scattered around detailing the items on offer and the voice acting mixed to make a few moments I couldn't help but laugh out loud at. "Don't touch the urchin, get your own!"

The few pop culture references I've caught so far have given me a chuckle too, Aveline noting that every town needs a "hive of scum and villainy" was a nice touch.

I'm loving the call backs that I've caught in the brief time I've played as well. Meeting Sandal and Bodahn early on was a pleasant surprise, especially when Sandal managed to utter words other than "Enchantment!".
I also caught mention of a falling pigeon population in Kirkwall. Shale anyone?

This post has been edited by zeden: Mar 12 2011, 06:12 AM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Mar 12 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #6113

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

I've traded some stuff in and gotten Borderlands (Awesome) and Dragon Age: Origins.

I never really agreed with DA:O before but seeing as there's a sequel on the go I thought I'd better try again.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Mar 12 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #6114

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 10 2011, 08:52 AM) *
Sorry for the double post but I just finished Mass Effect again and I HAVE to repeat just how awesome the ending is. And then the credits play and it is epic. I frickin' love M4 pt2, such an excellent song to end things on. The hair on the back of my neck has been on end since I fired the last shot.

I Prefer the ME story to ME2 and the score/soundtrack was also much better than 2. I mind you hadn't listened to the song on the credits first time round and I insisted you did. So fitting to the rest of the score.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Mar 14 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #6115

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

FFS Killzone 3

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 14 2011, 09:01 AM
Post #6116

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 12 2011, 06:05 AM) *
Not even for the Black Emporium? That's all that was in the box for me. I was expecting something that unlocked the shield and sword I'd seen as one of the bonuses but when I checked Biowares site it seemed like you had to pre-order from specific places to get it. I could have sworn that wasn't clear when I was ordering but ultimately a few items wont be missed, especially seeing as I've yet to hit even a minor bump in terms of combat thus far.

Speaking of the Black Emporium, I'll be damned if that isn't likely to be one of the funniest places in the game. The tales scattered around detailing the items on offer and the voice acting mixed to make a few moments I couldn't help but laugh out loud at. "Don't touch the urchin, get your own!"

The few pop culture references I've caught so far have given me a chuckle too, Aveline noting that every town needs a "hive of scum and villainy" was a nice touch.

I'm loving the call backs that I've caught in the brief time I've played as well. Meeting Sandal and Bodahn early on was a pleasant surprise, especially when Sandal managed to utter words other than "Enchantment!".
I also caught mention of a falling pigeon population in Kirkwall. Shale anyone?

Oh yes. I preordered it from Game, and all I got was the Black Emporium. Luckily I havea friend who works there so he just gave me the code.

It is a genuinley funny game. There's a quest when you have to find a guardsman who sold out, and the guy giving you the guest "has no idea where you'd find a swordsman willing to sell himself cheap." Then Hawke says "The Hanged Man." Varric nods and says "The Hanged Man" and Aveline says "It has to be."
It's funny then it sounds.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 15 2011, 06:39 AM
Post #6117

When doves cry

I miss the days of knowing someone who works in Game, the sheer number of t-shirts I used to get was silly.

The first footage of Deus Ex 3 has hit the net. I hope there's an option to turn off the orange lines around all the objects you can interact with, I'm not sure I want my hand held quite that much while I play.

This post has been edited by zeden: Mar 15 2011, 06:40 AM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 15 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #6118

Serenity.

That game is looking so good and I'm yet to read a negative preview of it (not that I've looked!)
I hope you can turn the orange outline off too, it's uneccesary and ruins the aesthetics a bit. I'm hoping it's an option you can disable or an upgrade you can avoid (a bit like the one in Fallout New Vegas, I think with Rex, all objects you could interact with got highlighted).
I am glad it's been delayed till august though.

Just read the IGN review for Dissidia 2, it's more of the sane with a few additions; like MVC like assists from other characters, it's a prequel to the first game and when you finish Dissidia 2 you unlock and can play through Dissidia 1 with all the tweaks and improvements from Dissidia 2, noice smile.gif.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 15 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #6119

Serenity.

New Arkham City trailer with a bunch of gameplay
Aw yeah

+Quote Post