> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Llama
post Jun 4 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #6346

Learning to walk again

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 4 2011, 07:35 PM) *
EDIT: Did that Telltale Games Jurassic Park game ever happen? It won't feature music as awesome as this, that's for sure. Oh, or this, which is far more awesome than I remember it being.

It's on its way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jun 4 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #6347

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 4 2011, 06:35 PM) *
EDIT: Did that Telltale Games Jurassic Park game ever happen? It won't feature music as awesome as this, that's for sure. Oh, or this, which is far more awesome than I remember it being.

Bloody Hell those have brought back memories I didn't even know I had. This was my first and for a while my only Gameboy game.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 5 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #6348

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Julie @ Jun 4 2011, 07:05 AM) *
Just finished the main cases in LA Noire.

I sure do wish I had known that was coming. Makes me far too sad for a fictional character, that sort of thing does.

Made me sad too
Though I do wish more games had a bit more of a...reward I guess I'll call it, after you've finished. Just maybe a bit more story, a bit more closure on the whole thing. Far too many games I've played these days seem to have barely anything after you've finished and it sometimes leaves me feeling a bit, sort of empty after it's over.

LA Noire was great; though I'd like to see a touch more action and a few more surprises when investigating areas.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 5 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #6349

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jun 4 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Bloody Hell those have brought back memories I didn't even know I had. This was my first and for a while my only Gameboy game.

I know, I had the same feeling. I pretty much asked about the Telltale game as an excuse to post that music, because I was full of nostalgia energy =P
Do you remember how incredibly awesome that rotating 3D map of the island was? With the little logos for the different dinosaurs and the data on them?

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jun 5 2011, 05:36 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 5 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #6350

Serenity.

The Old republic is shaping up really well I reckon...

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jun 5 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #6351

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

^ That does look good. I seriously doubt my PC will be able to run it!

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jun 6 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #6352

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 5 2011, 08:31 AM) *
Made me sad too

And me. Poor Phelps... And poor Phelps' children too! What a few years they had, jeez.

I finished the main cases on LA Noire now, really enjoyed it. I bought the Rockstar Pass so I've got a couple more cases to play already. There's a few more achievements I'd like to get too.

Edit to add:
QUOTE (Everlong @ May 24 2011, 11:18 AM) *
I live ramming into things just to get the reactions of whatever partner I'm working with at the time. Sometimes they say nothing when you have a massive smash. Others they freak out if you just clip something.

I love Biggs' best - "NOOOOO!" laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Llama: Jun 6 2011, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jun 6 2011, 07:50 AM
Post #6353

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Having purchased an awesome gaming machine, I got swept up in a wave of nostalgia and installed Badlur's Gate 2, and ordered Icewind Dale 1 and 2 for about a tenner. Those are really going to strain my computer. tongue.gif

On the plus side, in Bad Company 2, I killed a helicopter with a single sniper bullet. happy.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 6 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #6354

Serenity.

Heh,I've done that before. I also love blowing fully loaded choppers out of the sky with anti-tank weapons. I don't think I've had a more satisfying experience in a multiplayer shooter.

Dark Souls is looking really, really good
Some of those enemies look awesome; and like they'll be even bigger cunts (literally and figuratively!) than enemies in Demons Souls. I hope a lot of people pick this up on either console. It's a franchise that deserves to expand

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jun 6 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #6355

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 6 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Heh,I've done that before. I also love blowing fully loaded choppers out of the sky with anti-tank weapons. I don't think I've had a more satisfying experience in a multiplayer shooter.

I did feel 100% bad ass. cool.gif

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 6 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #6356

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Wii.

Any recommendations on what hardware/games to get? The set comes with a Wiimote Plus and Wii Sports, and I was thinking I'd get a Classic Controller (the new one with the N64-style handles) and Smash Bros. Brawl.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jun 6 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #6357

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 6 2011, 01:09 PM) *
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Wii.

Any recommendations on what hardware/games to get? The set comes with a Wiimote Plus and Wii Sports, and I was thinking I'd get a Classic Controller (the new one with the N64-style handles) and Smash Bros. Brawl.

I'm actually selling mine as I found that, unless you have a group to play with fairly regularly, the novelty wears off quickly. I bought it while at camp and we had a blast with everyone playing together, but there some great nostalgia games, like the new Mario Bros. and some good Zelda titles.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 6 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #6358

My Mum and sister are both massive Nintendo DS players, and both have wanted a Wii in the house for ages but never gotten around to actually getting it. I'd always have someone to play with on it, and it has a fair few single player games too (Resident Evil 0 and REmake, Twilight Princess being the main ones for me).

+Quote Post
Julie
post Jun 6 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #6359

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 6 2011, 01:24 PM) *
My Mum and sister are both massive Nintendo DS players, and both have wanted a Wii in the house for ages but never gotten around to actually getting it. I'd always have someone to play with on it, and it has a fair few single player games too (Resident Evil 0 and REmake, Twilight Princess being the main ones for me).

I enjoyed Twilight Princess a lot. Sounds like a good buy in your case.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jun 6 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #6360

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

E3 conferences has begun. Microsoft's up first and it was lame. I was hoping for some exciting new announcements but other than the inevitable Halo 4 it was all Kinect and although some of the stuff was cool, like how it will be able to track fingers now, I don't care at all. Kinect Star Wars, Kinect Sports 2, Kinect Disneyland, Kinect Fable, Ryse for Kinnect, Sesame Street Kinect. A few of them looked cool for kids but otherwise meh.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 422 423 424 425 426 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:09 PM