Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
zeden
post Jun 7 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #6376

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

I'm starting to wonder if Rockstar might show up in Nintendos press conference, they're oddly missing thus far.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 7 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #6377

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

So the Wii U has HD graphics, a cool new controller and the ability to play it with the TV off. But no GameCube backwards compatibility...

I think I'll still just get a Wii. I have a 360 already, and the Wii has a great catalog of games coupled with the GameCube's catalog too.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jun 7 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #6378

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

wow Nintendo really did their best to not live up to the hype surrounding their new console announcement. Hooray another crap gimmick. A huge tablet for a controller with the analogue stick things above the buttons. A console that will finally go beside two consoles that are already well established but hey as well as the same tired old franchises t will now have much better third party support. HOORAY, you can play games you can play on your 360 or PS3 but this time with a stupid tablet thing. YAY.

Rubbish.

This post has been edited by Atara: Jun 7 2011, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 7 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #6379

I did like how they said it's for hardcore gamers because of the HD graphics.

It's a little more powerful than the 360, a machine that came out seven years ago.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 7 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #6380

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

The game footage they showed didn't look better than anything on the 360...

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Jun 7 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #6381

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

The Bioshock Infinite E3 trailer has got me very excited. Looks tops.

Looky.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 8 2011, 03:25 AM
Post #6382

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Yup, Nintendo have completely failed to light a fire in my mind for this next console, utterly disinterested.

I watched the footage for Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and by god do they look spectacular, the former for its scale and dragon fighting and the latter for pure graphical mindblowery.

Now it's almost over, it's pretty safe for me to say that this years E3 has provided absolutely nothing new for me to get interested in, no unexpected interesting sounding games from out of the blue at all as far as I've seen.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 8 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #6383

Serenity.

Sounds about right. I've seen lots of new footage for games I already knew about but nothing I wasn't really expecting. Except maybe Sly 4, that looks cool.

Really looking forward to the (sigh) Playstation Vita though. Looks great. Especially Uncharted and Littlebigplanet. I'll be interested to see cross platform gaming and smtrabsferring saves between systems too. I'm also hoping there'll be PS2 games released on it....thinking RPG's I'd quite like to replay more than anything.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 8 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #6384

I ordered a Wii (avec MotionPlus controller, Nunchuck, Wii Sports, and Wii Sports Resort), Classic Controller Pro, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I figured that how/when I get other controllers and games can sort itself out later, because if I didn't order it now it wouldn't arrive before the weekend (Brawl still won't, now).
I would happily have bought another controller right off the bat, except that it costs 55 to get a Wiimote Plus, Nunchuck, and Classic Controller. That's half what I paid in total.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 8 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #6385

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 8 2011, 05:53 PM) *
I ordered a Wii (avec MotionPlus controller, Nunchuck, Wii Sports, and Wii Sports Resort), Classic Controller Pro, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I can get a Wii for 100 in HMV or Gamestation around here. It even includes Mario Kart and the wheel. I'll probably use my GC controller. Tempted to get it, I can easily afford it.

I would have bought one so long ago if I knew it was backwardly compatible with Gamecube games. Yes I know. I am a DUNCE (I did know you could use Gamecube controllers though).

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 8 2011, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 8 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #6386

Yeah, the retail price is 100 now so you shouldn't have any problems.

I would have gotten the Mario Kart pack, but I want a black Wii to go with my TV, 360, DS, iPod, laptop, and pretty much every other gadget I own.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 9 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #6387

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 7 2011, 07:54 PM) *
The game footage they showed didn't look better than anything on the 360...

Funny you should say that...

Nintendo's shares dropped to the lowest they've been in five years today.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 9 2011, 07:01 AM
Post #6388

Serenity.

Heh. I know quite often Sony and Microsoft show PC footage instead of PS3/360 footage for trailers quite often, but not usually at the E3 conference like that. Isn't there something...shitty about the fact they've announced a console that isn't even finished yet and are telling people how it will look when they don't really know themselves.
Everything shown was tech demos :/
Really not surprised about their stock falling

Tbh I'm too biased to give them a break

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jun 9 2011, 07:59 AM
Post #6389

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jun 9 2011, 08:01 AM) *
Heh. I know quite often Sony and Microsoft show PC footage instead of PS3/360 footage for trailers quite often, but not usually at the E3 conference like that. Isn't there something...shitty about the fact they've announced a console that isn't even finished yet and are telling people how it will look when they don't really know themselves.
Everything shown was tech demos :/
Really not surprised about their stock falling

Tbh I'm too biased to give them a break

Not really, they have to get some buzz going for the console and the video was simply a concept demo, same as Microsoft made for Kinect a couple of years ago, which was also blatantly fake, but still demonstrated the capabilities of the system. Whatever they promised, they obviously hope to deliver, so it's better information coming from them rather than from rumours and speculation from the press. As cool as a lot of their ideas are though, third parties will go "no point supporting that because it won't work on all platforms", and writing platform specific code is a pain, so yet again it'll just be first party games that sell on it. Which means endless repeats of Mario and Zelda yet again.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 9 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #6390

Serenity.

I know Kinect did it too and that was also horseshit. As a consumer I want to see what it can do, not what it might be able to do. If they (and by they I mean any company, Nintendo aren't alone in doing it) aren't able to show what it can actually do then they shouldn't have showed it at all. I guess I can understand it from the business side of things but to me it was such an empty and meaningless cheap presentation.
Agreed that it'll almost exclusively be 1st party doing things with it. There'll no doubt be the odd cool use of it here and there (movement sensor in an Alien game would be awesome), but it just seems silly to me.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 424 425 426 427 428 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:07 AM