Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
zeden
post Jun 14 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #6421

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

You've got a reasonable chance of running Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 on a tablet, might be a bit niggly though getting it going. Beyond that I'd suggest the likes of Puzzle Quest or Peggle seeing as they're touch screen friendly.

I've been getting into a strangely addicting game by the name of Terarria that I got off of steam. It's very Minecraft-y but the big draw for me is it's in 2d and has more of a structured progression toward a goal.
I'm quite disturbed at how much endlessly digging down in search of rare minerals to make fancy helmets and the like has drawn me in to be honest, I bought it on a whim expecting to write it off quickly but that's definitely not the case.
It's got an online multiplayer mode I keep meaning to try out but I don't really want to go jumping into a random strangers game really, though it seems the harder enemies would certainly be less frustrating if I had someone to back me up.
Now I'm writing about this I'm finding myself more and more driven to get my work done and crack on with some more block smashy goodness. To work!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jun 15 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #6422

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Finished Fable 3. Even though I was a benevolent ruler, all the survivors (which aren't many) seem to hate/fear me and everywhere is depressing and quiet. How ungrateful, when I saved their miserable lives from the Crawler all by myself! I'll have to play through it again after I come back from holiday and see if I can earn the money to keep everyone alive while still keeping my promises. And again so I can be an evil bugger and do everything Reaver suggests. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jun 15 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #6423

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Yeah I never got that about Fable 3.
"Oh you're being a dick head." "Well seeing as it's to save your lives, I'd say it's justified."

Also, bastard child of Pokemon and Street Fighter?

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jun 15 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #6424

But I was good! Really, really good! I even gave the treasury nearly all my money (which was a fair amount, if nowhere near what was needed) in a desperate attempt to save a few civilians. I would probably have sold my castle if I could. All the leaders seemed to love me at the end, but everyone else now hates me. You just can't win with these people. I should have sat back and let them be destroyed.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jun 15 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #6425

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Jun 15 2011, 11:12 PM) *
But I was good! Really, really good! I even gave the treasury nearly all my money (which was a fair amount, if nowhere near what was needed) in a desperate attempt to save a few civilians. I would probably have sold my castle if I could. All the leaders seemed to love me at the end, but everyone else now hates me. You just can't win with these people. I should have sat back and let them be destroyed.

I know what you mean, that's what annoyed me. I could understand them hating me for being a dick, just for the hell of it, but I'm pretty sure that if you explained to someone that you had to be a dick to them for a year, in order to save their live, I'm sure most people would agree with you.
And yeah, when you're good they love you until millions die, and yet, if you're bad, they hate you even though you save them all.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 16 2011, 12:23 AM
Post #6426

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Am I stupid, or is LA Noire really hard?

Maybe it just has a steep learning curve? I was stumbling on the first interview.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 16 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #6427

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

It has a pretty steep learning curve I reckon. I had to do the first interview like 5 times to get it right.
It did click at a certain point and I was getting the majority of the question right.

Basically: Accuse them of lying if you think they are and have evidence to back your accusation
Doubt them if you think they're lying but don't have evidence
Believe them otherwise.

I think the system is a bit too black and white and a lot of the characters conversation branches don't fit the character, but you'll start getting it at some point. Just ne sure to get all evidence!

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jun 16 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #6428

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

It does take some getting used to Joe, you'll get there, MM is right about the basic criteria for each one. One thing that did annoy me a couple of times though was that on one or two occasions you have to press lie without having any evidence to get it right, which is somewhat of a pain. In the main the above is correct though. One tip: the further through the game you get, the more laterally you have to think about your evidence as sometimes you've got the proof but might not realise it at first. I got a couple of extra q's right by having a long think.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jun 16 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #6429

QUOTE (Silky @ Jun 15 2011, 11:23 PM) *
I know what you mean, that's what annoyed me. I could understand them hating me for being a dick, just for the hell of it, but I'm pretty sure that if you explained to someone that you had to be a dick to them for a year, in order to save their live, I'm sure most people would agree with you.
And yeah, when you're good they love you until millions die, and yet, if you're bad, they hate you even though you save them all.

Yeah, I'm very angry at all of the people of Albion right now for being so stupid. I might make my second playthrough an evil one, just to take my anger out on them.

Also, you'd think that all the rich people would have donated a few thousand gold each in order to keep themselves and their country safe. Greedy sods.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 17 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #6430

Resident Evil: Dead Aim on Wii - Make it happen, Capcom!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jun 17 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #6431

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

There's more and more evidence confirming Mass Effect 3 is going to have co-op multiplayer missions in addition to the main game according to all the press I've been reading. Could be a good idea provided the levels are at least on a par with the Red Dead co-op stuff, I can see that a similar level design could work.
I wonder if they'll layer in some descision making? If they do I'd expect it to be similar to what's going to be offered by The Old Republic, one person leading the quest whilst others chip in.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 22 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #6432

As always, I know I'm late to the game... but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is really, really good.
It's the best 3D Mario game, even better than 64.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 25 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #6433

Serenity.

The best Pokemon game and why...gogogo

Not including Black and White

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jun 25 2011, 02:43 PM

+Quote Post
Silky
post Jun 25 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #6434

Coin Operated Boy

For me it has to be Pokemon red/blue on the gameboy.

Pretty much for this reason.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 25 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #6435

Serenity.

Ah okay, I might agree that for nostalgia and the precedent it set for the sequels they're the best; but surely some of the sequels ate better games in themselves (nostalgia aside)

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jun 25 2011, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 427 428 429 430 431 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:30 PM