Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Rebus
post Aug 10 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #6631

ЯR

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,395

I guess it's not surprising, but dagnammit, Lonesome Road is delayed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Aug 10 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #6632

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Speaking of which, I'm currently playing Old World Blues and loving every minute of it. Nicely expansive and wonderfully 50s retro-sci fi in flavour.

+Quote Post
bigfatrich
post Aug 11 2011, 07:09 AM
Post #6633

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 5,022

What's the New Vegas DLC like? Worth getting?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Aug 11 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #6634

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I wasn't a fan of Dead Money, and Honest Hearts was a bit short.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Aug 11 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #6635

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

The Dragon Age 2 Legacy DLC is very good. Adds some nice new touches to the mix and has an interesting little storyline.

Also, I'm on Chapter 2 of Deadly Premonition. It's baking my brain a bit with it's quirkiness and is a bit broken but I can see why we've all taken it to our hearts.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Aug 11 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #6636

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Aug 3 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Addicted to fishing on Animal Crossing. I caught a hammerhead shark today and was kind enough to donate it to the museum even though it would have made a big dent in my latest loan if I had sold it.

Huzzah, I caught another one today! happy.gif

+Quote Post
zeden
post Aug 11 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #6637

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Aug 11 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Also, I'm on Chapter 2 of Deadly Premonition. It's baking my brain a bit with it's quirkiness and is a bit broken but I can see why we've all taken it to our hearts.

Brain baked on chapter 2...prepare for meltdown by the end, that's all I'll say.
I do love the unpolished nature of it all for some reason. Seeing clear lines between the textures makes me laugh. Have you spotted the deer that sometimes pops up on the side of the road whilst driving? The animation is so terrible that I'd like to think Swery decided to leave it in as a joke.
I'm also in love with the music, much as it was jarring at first with its repetitiveness and odd placement. The whistling tune and the song dubbed "Miss Stiletto Heels" by the fans really stick with me, I find myself humming them from time to time.
There's no official release for the soundtrack but I've just found a ripped version here.

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Aug 12 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #6638

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Aug 11 2011, 08:09 PM) *
What's the New Vegas DLC like? Worth getting?

Yep, it's pretty funny, and once it kicks off be prepared to be in combat ... a lot. Best of the lot so far.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Aug 12 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #6639

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

I bought Animal Crossing Wild World for the DS. Now I just have to get my DS back since I left it at my brother's...

+Quote Post
Silky
post Aug 12 2011, 08:35 AM
Post #6640

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 12 2011, 08:15 AM) *
I bought Animal Crossing Wild World for the DS. Now I just have to get my DS back since I left it at my brother's...

I've found myself eyeing up pre-owned DSis.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Aug 12 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #6641

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 12 2011, 12:54 AM) *
Brain baked on chapter 2...prepare for meltdown by the end, that's all I'll say.
I do love the unpolished nature of it all for some reason. Seeing clear lines between the textures makes me laugh. Have you spotted the deer that sometimes pops up on the side of the road whilst driving? The animation is so terrible that I'd like to think Swery decided to leave it in as a joke.
I'm also in love with the music, much as it was jarring at first with its repetitiveness and odd placement. The whistling tune and the song dubbed "Miss Stiletto Heels" by the fans really stick with me, I find myself humming them from time to time.
There's no official release for the soundtrack but I've just found a ripped version here.

The music is incredible - I love the mad scary jazzy one. The whistling tune is almost identical to a tune from Super Mario World, and the race driving music is clearly a cheeky rip-off of American Idiot by Green Day.

I'm just going back to replay a few chapters, pick up some of the trading cards and side missions I missed, mainly early on in the game when I was just trying to make sense of what was going on and neglected the extra bits, but they're often more fun than the main missions.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Aug 12 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #6642

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 12 2011, 08:15 AM) *

Let us know what you think.

QUOTE (Silky @ Aug 12 2011, 09:35 AM) *
I've found myself eyeing up pre-owned DSis.

Do it! I've been eyeing the GameCube game, just for variety.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Aug 12 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #6643

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Aug 12 2011, 10:44 AM) *
The music is incredible - I love the mad scary jazzy one. The whistling tune is almost identical to a tune from Super Mario World, and the race driving music is clearly a cheeky rip-off of American Idiot by Green Day.

I'm just going back to replay a few chapters, pick up some of the trading cards and side missions I missed, mainly early on in the game when I was just trying to make sense of what was going on and neglected the extra bits, but they're often more fun than the main missions.

I was so confused by the racing music at first, wondering if it was intended to be so similar. Playing a little more it became clear it had to be and I love the game all the more for it. That happened a lot over the course of the game oddly enough.

I'm going to make a push to get the side quests done over the weekend myself, I'm very curious to see what plot details passed me by in those first few chapters, I too didn't do too much wandering at first. The time limit scared me until I realised it's the most forgiving day/night cycle I've known in a game.

By the way, (If you've not played through it yet , DON'T READ THIS! SERIOUSLY!)did you guess Forrest Kayson from the coffee clue at the start? I did but then got double crossed by the way he's made to seem sympathetic as you search for the bound agent Morgan as Emily. I've certainly never had a game play so much with my sense of what's going on and who to believe.

I ordered Swerty previous game on Amazon for the princely sum of 3, it's called Spy Fiction. Looking forward to seeing what it's like, I know it has some quirky anachronistic design choices much like Deadly Premonition so hopefully it'll in some way offer a similar experience.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Aug 13 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #6644

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Hey Jon, the game you were thinking of wasn't De Blob was it?

I played the Japanese demo for Final Fantasy Type-0 yesterday and its damn good; if it's even a slight indication of what FF Vs 13 will be like then I'm very excited.
It's really quite dark and violent, lots of blood in the opening movie; to extract man from fallen enemies it looks like you destroy them and turn them into a "red mist" that you absorb; if you finish an enemy with a fire spell they'll actually be on fire flailing around and their corpse will be nice and charred on the ground.
The combat is like Crisis Core (but more advanced) and Kingdom Hearts I guess. From what I can see you'll eventually get airships to fly around again (something Versus 13 is doing, as well as vehicles biggrin.gif).

I hope they release Type-0 in English, but it has got me really hopeful for Versus 13

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Aug 13 2011, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
Jon 79
post Aug 13 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #6645

Dreaming my life...

Member No.: 2,336

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 13 2011, 09:06 AM) *
Hey Jon, the game you were thinking of wasn't De Blob was it?

No. The game was purely black and white and more abstract. You couldn't see any corridor or platform until you shot it. I think the character you play is human although it may've been a first-person pov.

A virtual jaffa cake to to any one who knows what game i'm talking about.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 441 442 443 444 445 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:55 AM