Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Silky
post Oct 13 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #7036

Coin Operated Boy

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,112

Does Kinect work with the older Elite 360's?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 13 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #7037

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 13 2011, 01:50 AM) *
Did you ever try out the two player mode in FFIX Chris? I had a bash with my bro at one point but we ended up ditching it after realising that the second player would only ever be doing what the first would have done anyway, to do otherwise would screw up the fights. It's nice to have it there all the same I guess.
Once at a friends, just for something to do I guess. Made it more interesting than just sitting back and doing nothing. It's not quite as fun in a turn based text driven RPG though. Still interesting they tried it.

I finished Portal 2 this morning and by god it was good. The first game never clicked for me having come to it after all the hyper was swirling around but avoiding reading or seeing much about part two meant it really hit the mark with so many surprises and neat touches. Lots of laughs, a pace that kept me engaged throughout and a conclusion that had me grinning ear to ear. Looking forward to getting stuck into some co-op soon.
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.......wait. Wait......wait. You have Portal 2? Please say on PC. If so we will co-op the shit out of it.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 13 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #7038

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I think I'm one of those buggers who ruined Tony Hawk for you Jimmay, I can clock up million point combos easily in the later games. Sorry!

I got Portal 2 for...the PC so indeed co-op is on the cards Chris.

I also just got Guardian Heroes on the 360 and damn is it a beautiful nostalgia trip. I cannot recommend giving this a try highly enough, it's balls to the wall 2d scrolling goodness. Like Streets of Rage but with magic and swords!...Oh, that's Golden Axe...Well it's still great and unusual so go try and buy it so I have people to co-op with! wink.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 13 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #7039

Serenity.

Am I in your Steam friends list? PS3/PC cross platform connectivity is a go!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 13 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #7040

When doves cry

You've had an invite pending for about two months sir, you just need to accept.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 13 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #7041

Serenity.

I shall do it tonight!

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 13 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #7042

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Silky @ Oct 13 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Does Kinect work with the older Elite 360's?

Yep, just needs a separate power lead. Not sure if it comes bundled or not though, I'm afraid.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Oct 13 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #7043

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 13 2011, 12:24 PM) *
Yep, just needs a separate power lead. Not sure if it comes bundled or not though, I'm afraid.

Thanks. I'm tempted. Mostly because of the voice commands. Especially in ME3.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 13 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #7044

Learning to walk again

QUOTE (Silky @ Oct 13 2011, 12:26 PM) *
Thanks. I'm tempted. Mostly because of the voice commands. Especially in ME3.

Just be aware that at the moment, voice commands on films and music don't work with physical discs, only via Zune, etc. So if you want to pause a DVD you're watching, you can't do that via Kinect yet - that's what's put me off buying one so far. Obviously, if you're not going to use it for that, and just want it for the gaming side then it's not a problem!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 13 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #7045

When doves cry

There's a big system update soon so perhaps that'll add those functions. I know it's adding video steaming services beyond the dreaded Zune too.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Oct 13 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #7046

Learning to walk again

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 13 2011, 12:33 PM) *
There's a big system update soon so perhaps that'll add those functions. I know it's adding video steaming services beyond the dreaded Zune too.

Sadly I don't think that's one of the included updates. But cloud saves is, so I'm happy!

You can register to participate in the preview of the new dashboard today, if anyone's interested.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Oct 13 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #7047

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 13 2011, 12:30 PM) *
Just be aware that at the moment, voice commands on films and music don't work with physical discs, only via Zune, etc. So if you want to pause a DVD you're watching, you can't do that via Kinect yet - that's what's put me off buying one so far. Obviously, if you're not going to use it for that, and just want it for the gaming side then it's not a problem!

That's a bit pants. Think I'll hold off.
Though I tend to watch DVDs in my PC or PS3.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 13 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #7048

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 13 2011, 01:50 AM) *
Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-doo! Daytona!
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Daytona USA has been announced with online features and remixed music. I'm in cheese overdose ecstasy right now. Can't wait to hear the rest of that soundtrack, it's so beautifully bad.
I really miss the days when Japanese developers put the music they wanted in games as opposed to the Western crap they shoe horn in now. FFXIII and Leona Lewis, I'm looking at you.

Ooh, nice. SEGA really are out-performing every other developer when it comes to re-releasing classics. There may be some missing titles that really should be released, but it does seem like they're working on it. I've not played Daytona in YEARS.

I love the music in OutRun 2, all the rubbish English songs. There's something really charming about them.

Which is better, though: Daytona's "Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-doooo" or SEGA Rally's "Game Over Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!"?

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Oct 13 2011, 03:03 PM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 13 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #7049

When doves cry

That's a true battle of the voice over titans, I don't think I could pick. I've found myself spouting both for such a long time since they came out, plus the G.A.M.E.O.V.E.R. line from Daytona. Strangely pronounced English is such fun.

I'd quite like to see Sega Rally spruced up in a similar way to Daytona as I'm sure I'd kick some serious arse online, last time I fired up the Saturn I got 3rd place on my first try which is no mean feat.

It's really doubtful it'll ever happen but my top picks for Saturn re-releases would have to be Dragon Force and Shining Force 3. Barely anyone got to play either of those thanks to their limited quantities on release but they're both great rpgs, especially Dragon Force.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 13 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #7050

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 13 2011, 11:24 PM) *
I'd quite like to see Sega Rally spruced up in a similar way to Daytona as I'm sure I'd kick some serious arse online, last time I fired up the Saturn I got 3rd place on my first try which is no mean feat.

SEGA Rally Online Arcade

Speaking of SEGA's charmingly rubbish songs, remember Sonic R?
"Everybody's Super Sonic Racing! Try to keep your feet right on the ground! When you're Super Sonic Racing, there's no time to look around!"

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Oct 13 2011, 11:16 PM

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 468 469 470 471 472 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:44 PM