Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Jubei
post Sep 12 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #706

Meow

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Sep 11 2008, 11:54 PM)
I want some Gears Of War shoes...

Seff, was it you who was thinking of making a Gears machinima? If you still want to, I'm up for doing a bit of 'acting' although I've not done anything like that before. I'd have to get Gears back from a friend first though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 12 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #707

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Sep 11 2008, 09:25 PM)
Fuck yes, both forms of Cecil, and Golbez are in that Super Smash Final Fantasy Dissidia game.

Having been offline and utterly disinterested in FF since XII I've only just heard of that game reading your post. One trailer later and my nostalgia has been stroked with the sight of numerous familiar characters along with what seems to be a plot (going by my VERY limited Japanese) about the all powerful final bosses acting as death gods (I'm sure I heard Shinigami in there) and attempting to destroy the heroes from byond the grave.
One thing that makes me wonder how good of a fightiing engine it is though is that the gameplay looks a lot like Ehrgeiz, which was pretty bad when put next to other fighters of the day. For now I'm highly dubious until some kind of explaination of the controls comes out.
Must admit though, having watched the Jecht vs Tidus video on youtube, it did send a shiver down my spine hearing the Otherworld music as Tidus appeared to Jecht Shot the crap out of Jecht.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 12 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #708

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

It does look like a very cool little fighting game to me.

Square Enix are releasing a crapload of games onto the PSP in the next months/year.
Final Fantasy Agito 13, The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve spin off), Dissidia and a new Kingdom Hearts game. I guess they were happy with what they did with Crisis Core and want to get more games out there.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 12 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #709

When doves cry

This made me chuckle - Anti-Spore website turns out to be a Rick Roll.

I just found a neat little feature hidden in the My Spore Creations save file -

Karch Security Enforcement Drone

Karch Vulture

Karch Star Mech (which started life as an attempt at making Serenity until I realised I'd built the whole thing back to front)

Apart from the small picture size, this is a great way of demonstrating the creative process behind making things with it.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Sep 12 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #710

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

So, is Spore worth picking up as a complete package, or is the Creature Creator enough?

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 12 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #711

When doves cry

I like the gameplay myself, as simple as it is till you reach the galaxy stage, which I seriously underplayed in my breakdown.
You can't make vehicles or buildings in the creature creator, which would be something of a sticking point if I were having to make that choice.

I've played a ton of the galaxy stage today and it's so damned hard managing it by comparison to the rest of the game. Teraforming planets in order to mine spice, the galactic product of choice, required adjusting the temperature and atmosperic pressure then transplanting the right ecology to the planet to stablize the ecosystem, three separate times with different animals and plants at each stage. Then you have to place a colony and build it up, though you're limited by the quality of the planet until you teraform it enough to become an ideal habitat.
All of this cost a ton of money, which you mostly aquire from missions or trading spice, though the cost of some things requires some real time and effort in terms of saving the funds.
At the same time you can take missions revolving around anything from destroying diseased animals, to transporting cargo, to defending planets from invasion.
You make trade pacts, form aliances and undertake war constantly. It's a real challenge.

Found out that there's a console in the game too, CTRL+Shift+C. HELP brings up a list of cheats which is useful. Not tried it yet, but there's one that takes the complexity cap off of the creature creator allowing you to make as crazy a creature as you like, though if you go over the usual limit the game imposes your creation wont crop up in game. Time to make a beast with fifty tiny legs and twelve mouths. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Sep 12 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #712

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

It's currently averaging 1 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Out of 2,216 customer reviews, 2,016 were as low as could be. Most are one-line reviews complaining about DRM.

Some folks must really hate Electronic Arts.

This post has been edited by Omniscia: Sep 12 2008, 04:19 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 12 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #713

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (frostitute @ Sep 12 2008, 12:39 AM)
DS version is garbage, stick with the GBA/SNES vers

Really? Everyone else seems to be saying it has a better script, and the original writer who came back to re-write the DS version says he was able to include more plot points because he had more time this version.

Graphics and voice acting come secondary, it's the new script I'll be buying it for.

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Sep 12 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #714

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Sep 12 2008, 05:18 PM)
It's currently averaging 1 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Out of 2,216 customer reviews, 2,016 were as low as could be. Most are one-line reviews complaining about DRM.

Some folks must really hate Electronic Arts.

It got into today's Metro. According to them the DRM is even more draconian than for Microsoft products (3 installs only).

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Sep 13 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #715

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 12 2008, 08:06 AM)
Seff, was it you who was thinking of making a Gears machinima?  If you still want to, I'm up for doing a bit of 'acting' although I've not done anything like that before. I'd have to get Gears back from a friend first though.

Aye that was me, it woud've been good but that was back when I was a jobless bum, all my free time has been taken up with college and Little Chef... I'm putting a book idea together too.

It's a simple case of "ideas overload" at the minute.

Feel free to steal the idea though, I reckon it could work.

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Sep 14 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #716

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

ROCK BAAAAAND TWOOOOOO

Awesome saucem

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Sep 14 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #717

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I hope there isn't a limited amount of Nirnroot on Oblivion. This guy has already made me collect 60 of the stupid plants for him and now he wants 40 more! I'm quite sick of skirting about next to the rivers and being attacked by crabs, but I do want to get this quest finished.

35 more plants to go!

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 14 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #718

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (frostitute @ Sep 14 2008, 06:24 PM)
ROCK BAAAAAND TWOOOOOO

Awesome saucem

Said it before, and I'll say it again since you made a negative comment about the legendary Final Fantasy IV.

Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Singstar/etc suck ass.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 14 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #719

When doves cry

Does anyone find anything Frostitute utters about anything in this thread even remotely entertaining or informative? It's like having a child sitting in the corner of the room either screaming about how great his new game is or how much your games suck.
I wish there was a means of blocking his posts from coming up if I'm honest.

Edit - Scratch that, I think I just found an option in the control panel to do exactly that. No more one line redundant statements for me!

I got myself a Web n' Walk internet package from T-Mobile the other day and it's turned out to be utterly useless when it comes to X-Box Live. Connecting through my computer is a pain because everytime I want to I have to go through the whole setup porcess before the 360 will take notice of the intenet connection. On top of that, when I finally get logged on the games are laggy and the microphone cuts out all the time making conversation impossible.
The real bitch is that either I stick with it or I return it next week and have to do without any intenet at all. Not great options either way.

This post has been edited by zeden: Sep 14 2008, 06:41 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 14 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #720

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Yeah it sucks dude, it was fine when we were playing co-op Halo campaign, but online it was poop sad.gif

I still don't really rate Halo that highly, it's enjoyable but I prefer shooters that are a bigger scope, like battlefield 2.

Really enjoying Fallout 2 at the moment as well, even if some of the pop culture references are annoyingly platant.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 46 47 48 49 50 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:33 AM