> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Sep 15 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #721

Better to reign in hell...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (zeden @ Sep 14 2008, 07:40 PM)
Does anyone find anything Frostitute utters about anything in this thread even remotely entertaining or informative? It's like having a child sitting in the corner of the room either screaming about how great his new game is or how much your games suck.
I wish there was a means of blocking his posts from coming up if I'm honest.

Edit - Scratch that, I think I just found an option in the control panel to do exactly that. No more one line redundant statements for me!

I hadn't noticed that feature of the board before. It's been put to use.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 15 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #722

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Thanks to his usual wheeling and dealing my brother has got his hands on a PS3 today. He's got GTA4, Devil May Cry 4, Ratatui (bad spelling, I know), Heavenly Sword and The Darkness.
Beyond MGS4 and maybe Drakes Oddesey are there any games I ought to try and borrow from mates or is the PS3 as devoid of quality exclusives as I think it is?

This post has been edited by zeden: Sep 15 2008, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Sep 15 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #723

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Drakes Fortune and MGS4 are very very good games. Resistance Fall of man is a good shooter as well, it has some brilliant alien weapons (theres one called the bullseye which has a feature like one of the guns in 5th element).

The PS3 is getting good exclusives in the next few months but it has been a bit devoid of them of late.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Sep 15 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #724

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Guess I'll be getting a borrow of those then and biding my time till something comes out. At least I'll be able to form a proper opinion of MGS.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Sep 15 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #725

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

My Granda has just bought himself a Wii. He let me and my sister have a go after showing off on the tennis game (he's very good). I tried the boxing game and pulled so many muscles in my back and arms, hehe. My sister recorded me on her phone and I look hilarious! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Sep 15 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #726

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Still enjoying Mercenaries 2. If there's more fun that lobbing a beacon onto an oil tanker and then jumping away from it as it gets shelled by artillery and sinks, flaming into the ocean then I haven't found it. I just unlocked the Daisy Cutter bomb which I think is like a massive napalm strike but I'm yet to use it yet.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Sep 15 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #727

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

I got another piece in Braid, so I've finished all of World 2, 3 and 4. It was a real 'duh!' moment when I worked it out. I'm still so impressed with that game. There's a bunch more pieces I have a strategy for, that I just have to work out the right timing with my shadow me. It appears that the jigsaws kind of illustrate the realtionship with 'the princess'. It's seems to be a 'rescue the princess' type of story with a so much more grown up attitude. I'll say it again, I'm very impressed with Braid so far. And I'm stil only playing it in 10-15 minute chunks. Just pick a jigsaw piece or level and really concetrate on that one.

Also, played the Castle Crashers demo. It's a fun little game with a lot of character, although I'm not sure I'd want to pay 1200 MS points for it. I paid that for Braid, and I don't want to pay that much for another game as well. It's a shame, as if it was 800 I probably would have bought it straight away.

COD4 also continues to take up the bulk of my Xbox time at the moment. I came to this really late, but I'm enjoying it. I'm starting to be able to hold my own online now. As a new person, you really are crippled by the selection of weapons and attachments avaiable to you. I've now got a fully automatic riflw and the red dot scope, which is really the minimum you need.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Sep 15 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #728

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

In comparison to the PSP-2000, the PSP-3000 has an improved LCD screen with an increased colour range, five times the contrast ratio, half the pixel response time to reduce ghosting and blurring effects, and antireflective technology to improve outdoor playability.[2] The screen draws more current than the screen for the PSP-2000, initially causing a reduction in the console's battery life by "about 20 minutes" according to SCEA director of hardware marketing John Koller.[2] However, he released a statement retracting this comment, saying that, "the screen of the new PSP draws a little more power" but he claims that, "our engineers in Japan worked to reduce the power consumption of the overall system including its components."[3] It has an integrated microphone, the goal of which is to establish the PSP as "a viable communication device" according to Sony Europe boss David Reeves.[4] PSP games will now be playable on interlaced (non-progressive scan) televisions via composite video cables.[2] The start and select buttons have changed from semi-circles to ovals, with the home button being replaced by a "PS Button" similar to the PS3's Dualshock 3.[5]

Damn it, Sony! I got my PSP less than a year ago!

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Sep 15 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #729

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 15 2008, 12:09 PM)
I got another piece in Braid, so I've finished all of World 2, 3 and 4.  It was a real 'duh!' moment when I worked it out.  I'm still so impressed with that game.  There's a bunch more pieces I have a strategy for, that I just have to work out the right timing with my shadow me. It appears that the jigsaws kind of illustrate the realtionship with 'the princess'.  It's seems to be a 'rescue the princess' type of story with a so much more grown up attitude.  I'll say it again, I'm very impressed with Braid so far. And I'm stil only playing it in 10-15 minute chunks.  Just pick a jigsaw piece or level and really concetrate on that one.

COD4 also continues to take up the bulk of my Xbox time at the moment. I came to this really late, but I'm enjoying it.  I'm starting to be able to hold my own online now.  As a new person, you really are crippled by the selection of weapons and attachments avaiable to you. I've now got a fully automatic riflw and the red dot scope, which is really the minimum you need.

Braid really is great. I know what you mean about the "Duh!" moments though as all of the solutions are pretty logical once you solve them. Which one was it that you got stuck on? By the way, your copy of GRAW2 is on its way today. Apologies for being exceptionally shit.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Sep 15 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #730

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

Any GameCube owners here played Eternal Darkness? I'm about halfway through it now and loving it. They've got the creepy atmosphere just right and it's very refreshing to be playing such a mature and literate action-adventure.

The Sanity meter is brilliantly implemented as well. The 'Hallucinations' that occur are very inventive and the game has pulled one over on me several times already. So far, highly recommended.

This post has been edited by Sir_Robin_the_brave: Sep 15 2008, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post
blackcherry
post Sep 15 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #731

I'm down here for your soul

Member No.: 4,295

I've found myself getting into games again recently after quite a long period of not really being interested in them.

I've really enjoyed Spore so far. I'm only at the beginning of the tribal stage but it has been really fun so far and seems pretty well pitched for fairly novice gamers like me.

I finally gave in to my boyfriend's pestering and gave WoW a decent go and I actually quite like it. I'm a human priest and that seems to suit the way I want to play it.

I'm ridiculously addicted to Puzzle Quest on the DS. I don't know why I find it so satisfying but I've completed it as two different characters and I'm still not bored of it!

I have the house to myself for the whole of October so I think I may have a go at Braid. It looks really fun and all the people I know who have played it and are into the same sorts of games as me seem to like it. I may also go back to Tomb Raider Anniversary and try again to get past the bit I got stuck on a few months ago.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Sep 15 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #732

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

I didn't play through all of Eternal Darkness, but it was one of the most interesting and inventive survival horror-style quests. The gameplay's not perfect with the action a little dodgy, but the insanity, atmosphere and narrative more than make up for it.

I've also been playing the aforementioned Castle Crashers. It's not too exceptional though the cartoony design is lovely. However, it is certainly entertaining played with friends. It gets a little manic sometimes, but I'm making my way through it with two buddies, and it doesn't fail to entertain.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Sep 15 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #733

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 15 2008, 11:54 AM)
I just unlocked the Daisy Cutter bomb which I think is like a massive napalm strike but I'm yet to use it yet.

If it's like a real Daisy cutter bomb then it's basically the most destructive non-nuclear bomb there is*. It's enormous and gets dropped on a parachute and explodes mid air to flatten everything for about half a mile without actually leaving a crater. I'm imagining this to be quite fun in Mercs.

Edit: *Actually that's not true any more, there's a bigger russian one.

This post has been edited by Nonus Aequilibrium: Sep 15 2008, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Sep 15 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #734

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 15 2008, 01:03 PM)
Braid really is great.  I know what you mean about the "Duh!" moments though as all of the solutions are pretty logical once you solve them.  Which one was it that you got stuck on? By the way, your copy of GRAW2 is on its way today.  Apologies for being exceptionally shit.

It was the one where you have to get a key and unlock a door, at the start, but from the moment the level starts a sliding gate is closing. I didn't notice the other green lever which raises a platform, so that when you stand on the platform you aren't affected by time. You then rewind time, but stay where you are on the platform so that you are now on the other side of the locked door. This gives you time to get to the jigsaw piece before the gate slams shut.

Actually, one thing I haven't done yet is find ANY stars. There's supposed to be one in each world and they appear in the sky in the 'menu' level if you leave the house to the left.

Don't worry about GRAW2, I look forward to getting it when it get's here... if that makes sense.

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Sep 15 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #735

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Sep 15 2008, 09:41 AM)
I hadn't noticed that feature of the board before. It's been put to use.

I've known about it since I first came on the forums.

Well, suspected it's existence, anyway laugh.gif

I feel a long stint of game-related procrastination coming on...

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:43 AM