Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Nov 13 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #7456

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

So yeah. Everyone thats thinking of buying Vanquish, just do it.

Starship troopers refence in the 2nd cutscene of the game as well XD

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Nov 13 2011, 12:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ade
post Nov 13 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #7457

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Nov 12 2011, 05:59 PM) *
Ade: I thought L.A. Noire was magnificent, would certainly get my approval & recommendation. Fabulous game set in an era I've always loved. It's unlike almost any other game I've played due to the interrogation & evidence-finding mechanics, and it looks sumptuous to boot. Looking forward to a second play through at some point soon.

I seemed to recall it was you who raved about it a while back, and figured there ought to have a few more here who would have seen it by now too. A few of my PS friends at home had recently mentioned about it being 'very good', but I hadn't figured on just how damn good it was. The ten-minute or so gameplay demo video clips I found on YouTube told me all I need to know, really - and simply blew me away. Having already fallen hook, line and barrel for Uncharted 2, Red Dead... the whole 'movie-esque' themed action/adventure genre thing, L.A.Noire definitely looks to be very much 'my bag'. I love the whole Prohibition/Untouchables/LA Confidential era too....so what's not to love? As soon as I see it for a tenner, it will be mine. Oh yes.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 12 2011, 06:30 PM) *
I've played the demo of it. If you search the Playstation store you should be able to find it smile.gif
The soundtrack and the real time slicing up of enemies is awesome, but I thought it seemed a bit simple and like it might get quite repetitive. Probably worth a few quid though!

Ooh, ta, I clearly missed that on my few trawlings around the PS Store - I will seek it out forthwith! The obvious appeal of Samuel L Jackson's involvement, as well as the RZA soundtrack, were what landed it squarely on my 'maybe' list. And while eight quid seemed a reasonable enough price tag, I figured I'd poll some opinions first. Thanks again.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 13 2011, 12:05 AM) *
So yeah. Everyone thats thinking of buying Vanquish, just do it.

I had a very quick blast on it last night. As far as armoured spacesuit shoot-em-ups go, it's pretty good I guess. But then that particular genre isn't usually my cup of tea, really (which is a little confusing as to why I bought it in the first place, other than the price, but still). The boost mechanism and the weapons themselves are pretty damn funky though. It's very early days really, but I shall be indulging in some more sci-fi-shootery again soon.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Nov 13 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #7458

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Nov 12 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Funny, one bit of it reminds me of the Emmerdale theme tune.

Heh, I thought that as well. When you're running about the main world outside a town. Gets a bit of a Superman turn a little bit after too.

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Nov 13 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #7459

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 13 2011, 01:52 AM) *
I seemed to recall it was you who raved about it a while back, and figured there ought to have a few more here who would have seen it by now too. A few of my PS friends at home had recently mentioned about it being 'very good', but I hadn't figured on just how damn good it was. The ten-minute or so gameplay demo video clips I found on YouTube told me all I need to know, really - and simply blew me away. Having already fallen hook, line and barrel for Uncharted 2, Red Dead... the whole 'movie-esque' themed action/adventure genre thing, L.A.Noire definitely looks to be very much 'my bag'. I love the whole Prohibition/Untouchables/LA Confidential era too....so what's not to love? As soon as I see it for a tenner, it will be mine. Oh yes.

You've pretty much summed up exactly why I like it so much. It will be a very wise investment on your part, sir. Of this I am sure.

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Nov 13 2011, 05:58 PM
Post #7460

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Nov 13 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #7461

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Bowser!

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Silky
post Nov 13 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #7462

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Nov 13 2011, 05:58 PM) *

But there is one they fear. In their tongue, he is DOVASEAN!

EDIT - A lot of the music is reworked versions of the Morrowind sound track, which was one of the best.

This post has been edited by Silky: Nov 13 2011, 07:04 PM

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Nov 13 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #7463

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Nov 13 2011, 05:58 PM) *

*applauds*

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Nov 13 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #7464

Serenity.

Vanquish is amazing, but it's the kind of game you need to take breaks from quite often. Or I do at least. There's so much going on at such a high pace in places it makes my eyes hurt from concentrating. The first boss was mental (harsh checkpoints too. As in: none).

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Nov 13 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #7465

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Through powerlevelling blacksmithing and exploiting fast travel and vendors restocking I am now the proud owner of a full set of Deadric armour and weapons, with a companion in full Ebony. The downside is that I sneak about as well as a moose. A drunk moose. Wearing tap shoes.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Nov 14 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #7466

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 13 2011, 08:32 PM) *
Vanquish is amazing, but it's the kind of game you need to take breaks from quite often. Or I do at least. There's so much going on at such a high pace in places it makes my eyes hurt from concentrating.

Aye, it's a tad 'full on', ain't it?

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 13 2011, 08:32 PM) *
The first boss was mental

You mean the the transforming crab-tank/robot thing, I presume? It's certainly a bit much barely minutes into the main gameplay action.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Nov 14 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #7467

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I'm now the proud owner of an elder scroll after delving deep underground as part of a well hidden quest. I appear to have drawn the attention of a daedric god in the process. Very tempted to do his bidding to learn arcane secrets. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Nov 14 2011, 07:38 AM
Post #7468

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

Anyone found Barthus yet? I did a lol.

Also 30ish hours, Level 18 Dark Elf, Assassin (Dark Brotherhood questline complete) Archer-Mage with a good dose of One-Handed for poops and slashings.

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Nov 14 2011, 07:46 AM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Nov 14 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #7469

Serenity.

QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 14 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Aye, it's a tad 'full on', ain't it?

You mean the the transforming crab-tank/robot thing, I presume? It's certainly a bit much barely minutes into the main gameplay action.

Yes! The amount of crap it shoots at you, the bits that you have to blow off of it, the QTE's and giant grilling lasers. It was awesome. Just gotten to a section where I have to fight two at once...

The cover system is great too. It's nice to see a game where the cover isn't all pillars or chest high walls. Shame there's no blind fire though.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Nov 14 2011, 08:42 AM

+Quote Post
Silky
post Nov 14 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #7470

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Being in the theives guild is rather fun. Sneaky sneaky sneak.
Also, has anyone met M'aiq the Liar yet?

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 496 497 498 499 500 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:22 AM