Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Dec 12 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #7816

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,662

I've been playing Crysis on and off in big bursts and it is indeed a lot of fun. Definitely worth the £15, if it's still available for that much.

It's a suprisingly good port and does look very pretty.

I liked the sequel a lot too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Dec 12 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #7817

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (spacemonkey @ Dec 11 2011, 10:29 PM) *
Played Dungeon Keeper 2 again for the first time in years. It's still great, graphics are pretty dated but the gameplay's still amazing. The series really needs a reboot, I'd buy it smile.gif

A thousand times yes. At the very least I'd love to see the FPS creature control spell to make its way to some other RTS alongside the humour. Being able to directly influence battles by getting stuck right in was a great way of making the fights more exciting. The narrators voice over in that game is classic too, I still get a chuckle out of thinking about all the quips he made as you played. Here's a collection of them.
The Mistress might also have inspired a few kinks with all that spanking and such...I've said too much...

I've pre-ordered The Old Republic after finding out my friend Beezer had just paid for it out of the blue so I'll be on there from day one it looks like. Anyone else getting it? That beta certainly had me sold, much as my laptop can't run it without it looking a bit like the first Knights of the Old Republic.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Dec 12 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #7818

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Cool, I might check out Crysis at some point.

I'm near the end of Halo 2 now. I wish the fucking Flood weren't in it - they're just no fun to play against. The Brutes aren't much better.
Give me Elites any day.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Dec 13 2011, 02:53 AM
Post #7819

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 12 2011, 01:42 PM) *
@Ade: Did you finish the Saboteur? What did you think of it?

I'll be honest, Chris, I've barely got started on it! Having spent an unhealthily counter-productive amount of time on the PS3 just lately, I imposed a restriction on myself - to treat the PS3 as more of a 'reward' after completion of necessary tasks and obligations. As such, I went fully 100% the other way, and I haven't used it for nigh on two or three weeks now. This hiatus hasn't stopped me from accumulating further games (and various peripherals) for stupidly bargainous prices in the meantime, however.

I will hopefully commence disruption of the Nazi war machine over Christmas and New Year. You can be certain that I will give you my opinion soon after. smile.gif

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 13 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #7820

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 13 2011, 02:53 AM) *
I will hopefully commence disruption of the Nazi war machine over Christmas and New Year. You can be certain that I will give you my opinion soon after. smile.gif

But they say the war will be over by then!

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Dec 13 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #7821

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

Played some Skyrim last night after neglecting it for almost two weeks. I'm finding the fact that I can kill almost anything in one hit and the fact I have 20,000 gold and nothing to spend it on makes clearing dungeons pretty pointless and boring. I waltz through the dungeon killing everything as I go, maybe taking a few boosting potions before the final chamber and then pick up a load of weapons that are no where near as good as the fully enchanted dragon armour, daedric bow and ebony war axe that I have, learn a shout word for a new type of shout that I can't be bothered to learn as it's only one single word, then leave and try and find some merchants with enough gold to buy any of the stuff. It's not even like completing side quests gives you XP either as you're supposed to get the XP as you complete the quest but I find myself deliberately not blocking so as to level up my heavy armour rating because as soon as I swing my axe I kill whatever I hit and get hardly any xp for it.

I guess I should probably just work my way through the main quest now but it's a shame really.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Dec 13 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #7822

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

@Jimmay: Have you tried raising the difficulty level? Did wonders for my game of Fallout 3 When I got to the same stage

@Kei/Ade laugh.gif 
It's been on my buy when cheap list for a while. I'll have to get it next year though as I'll be getting Skyrim for Christmas. Been finishing half finished or unstarted PSN/retail games since I completed Arkham City. I'm glad I waited for Skyrim now, it will hopefully get patched and gave me time to finish these games off:
Vanquish
Singularity
Wolfenstein
Rochard
SotC
Shatter
Hydrophobia
ICO
Super Stardust HD

Going to start on Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare and Dead Space Extraction HD (with my lovely move controller) next. I reckon I might get them finished before Christmas. 

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Dec 13 2011, 12:57 PM

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Dec 13 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #7823

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Dec 13 2011, 12:53 PM) *
@Jimmay: Have you tried raising the difficulty level? Did wonders for my game of Fallout 3 When I got to the same stage

Good idea. I may give that a go. Does it increase the XP you gain as well?

+Quote Post
Ade
post Dec 13 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #7824

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 13 2011, 12:31 PM) *
But they say the war will be over by then!

Not that I'm slow or anything, but by the time I eventually do get around to playing the game, it will probably amount to nothing more than a very elaborate 'Tour Peacetime Paris' simulation... with neither a gun nor a Nazi in sight. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Dec 13 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #7825

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Credits rolling on Halo 2. I'm actually glad I didn't own an Xbox now; I wouldn't have wanted to wait three years after that cliffhanger.

+Quote Post
logger
post Dec 13 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #7826

Guests

I don't know why but Just Cause 2 (or Just 'Cus as I'm calling it) is making me feel all xmassy.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Dec 13 2011, 07:08 PM) *
Credits rolling on Halo 2. I'm actually glad I didn't own an Xbox now; I wouldn't have wanted to wait three years after that cliffhanger.

By the time 3 came out I had forgot what had happened.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Dec 14 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #7827

When doves cry

QUOTE (logger @ Dec 13 2011, 08:34 PM) *
I don't know why but Just Cause 2 (or Just 'Cus as I'm calling it) is making me feel all xmassy.

Grappled onto a lot of helicopters in years gone by around this time? Blown up an oil refinery to spread Yuletide cheer? You're reminding me I must get my copy of that game back, I want to fly a jet dammit!

Heads up for another set of cheap indie games! This time the pack includes Super Meat Boy, a game I've heard nothing but good things about (provided of course an old school platformer appeals). Here's a link to the Humble Indie Bundle 4.

And another...The Indie Royale Xmas Bundle. Not as much bang for your money but if you like adventure games there's three fully voiced efforts in this pack.

I think my Steam library is now at about 77 games thanks to all these deals and for less than £50 too. It's a good time to be into PC gaming.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 14 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #7828

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Oh man, and Gratuitous Space Battles! I've heard that's tons of fun.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Dec 14 2011, 07:40 AM
Post #7829

When doves cry

Happy Harry Partridge, the guy who made the excellent Saturday Morning Watchmen cartoon, clearly likes Skyrim -
He did a Skyrim announcement song, a song about why people ought to play Skyrim and finally a great little cartoon that's just a tiny bit like the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.

+Quote Post
logger
post Dec 14 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #7830

Guests

QUOTE (zeden @ Dec 14 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Grappled onto a lot of helicopters in years gone by around this time? Blown up an oil refinery to spread Yuletide cheer?

I don't like to talk about that time of my life.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 520 521 522 523 524 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:53 AM