Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 11 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #8014

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

The game probably won't be out for a while yet, the toys aren't out until autumn.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 11 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #8015

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I was making a rhetorical comment to demonstrate my enthusiasm for the game (it is out in the summer, btw).

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Jan 11 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #8016

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

I've only managed to make one snowman properly so far on Animal Crossing. Nitpicking little buggers they are...

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 11 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #8017

QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 11 2012, 07:53 PM) *
I was making a rhetorical comment to demonstrate my enthusiasm for the game (it is out in the summer, btw).

The toys are out in the summer. A game is assumed, but nothing has been announced.

The Pirates of the Caribbean game came out soon after the first wave of the toys, but it was published by Disney to coincide with the release of On Stranger Tides. I would imagine the game will come out in time for Christmas and the first Hobbit movie, but who knows? Traveller's Tales are already working on two announced LEGO games for release this year, so whether they've even had time to work on a third I don't know. Obviously it wouldn't have even been considered until LEGO won the rights to making the toys, and that was a pretty recent thing, they only announced it in December.

The pre-release photos I've seen of the toys had all the new parts molded in just plain white, and those were leaked just before Christmas. So it was still in the early stages then, which makes me think they only secured the rights a couple of months ago. Like I said, TT already has its hands full of LEGO City Stories and LEGO Batman 2, so it might not even have had time to start a LotR game.

We'll just have to wait, unfortunately.

EDIT: The good thing about LEGO games though is that we know exactly what we're in for, and what we're in for is awesome. Roll on whenever.

EDIT 2: The 10 Star Wars PC Games Every Fan Should Have Played
I bloody loved Rebel Assault as a kid. Rebel Assault 2 was even better; it blew me away, it was like playing a movie!

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jan 11 2012, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 11 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #8018

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 11 2012, 07:34 PM) *
... the toys aren't out until autumn.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jan 11 2012, 08:10 PM) *
The toys are out in the summer.

I'm not going to guess.

I thought the poster and link were for a game, I hadn't thought about the toys.

Given the style of the poster though, I would be surprised if there wasn't a game at some point.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 11 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #8019

QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 11 2012, 08:55 PM) *
I'm not going to guess.

I thought the poster and link were for a game, I hadn't thought about the toys.

Given the style of the poster though, I would be surprised if there wasn't a game at some point.

I must have mis-remembered, I thought they were focusing on Batman until summer and then introducing LotR in time for Christmas.

There will definitely be a game, because it's like printing money for them.

In related news, the now somewhat bizarrely titled LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes, will have you playing as all the Justice League and not just Batman.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jan 11 2012, 09:30 PM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jan 12 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #8020

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Jan 10 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I knew what it was going to be before I even clicked the link XD
S'terrible.

But is still kind of working... wub.gif

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 12 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #8021

There's a new Alan Wake game coming out in a few weeks. It's download-only, but doesn't require the original to play.

I really must finish that game...

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Jan 13 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #8022

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

Do you think the pre-existing DLC will work with it? I really want to play the DLC but don't have the original game...

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jan 13 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #8023

No, it won't. It's its own completely separate entity, it's not even using the same engine build. It won't share achievements with the original, either.

They've said that if it sells well, they'll make more under this new "American Nightmare" subtitle, or possibly a full sequel.

You can get the original game for under a fiver used now. It used to be really rare and expensive for a while.

EDIT: Here's a video

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jan 13 2012, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jan 13 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #8024

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Looks like luck has come my way today in a few ways. First I got The Old Republic installed on my brothers PC after finding out that it just wouldn't install from disks regardless of if they were mine or anyone else's, Vista just doesn't like them for some reason. Ended up having to copy all the files from my laptop from the installation on there into the same location on his computer and then fix it using the game client's repair function.

Luck buggered off for a little while as it turned out that even on a better computer SWTOR barely got above 30fps.
it came back again when I went looking for a reason and found out that the game runs badly on just about any system short of a brand new gaming PC according to the forums, endless complaints of lacking textures and frame rate issues, systems more than triple the power of my laptop kicking out similar results. Good thing I never bought that beast I was planning as it might run far better on my laptop once it's been sorted out by the developers.

Went to bed, got up and found my brother in the lounge with a mysterious new tower in pieces around him. Turns out his relatively well off, and as such frivolous, friend had his computer die on him recently so he brought the thing over to be salvaged for parts.
From the looks of things I now have a new monitor, a tower and power supply, a motherboard, some RAM, a quad core processor and two SLI graphics cards waiting to be put to use. I'm not sure which bit is the problem, the motherboard seems a likely culprit though from what I hear. I should be able to fix it all up for about 250/300 including a copy of Windows 7 64bit. Whatever the case, it's lots of free bits and pieces for me to make something with so I'm a happy and rather lucky chappy.

+Quote Post
Chapman Baxter
post Jan 13 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #8025

The sick product of a crazy society

Member No.: 2,263

QUOTE (zeden @ Jan 13 2012, 04:38 AM) *
Luck buggered off for a little while as it turned out that even on a better computer SWTOR barely got above 30fps.
it came back again when I went looking for a reason and found out that the game runs badly on just about any system short of a brand new gaming PC according to the forums, endless complaints of lacking textures and frame rate issues, systems more than triple the power of my laptop kicking out similar results. Good thing I never bought that beast I was planning as it might run far better on my laptop once it's been sorted out by the developers.

Turn off shadows, that makes a huge difference in performance.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 533 534 535 536 537 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:39 AM