Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 7 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #8116

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

I'd forgotten how sad it is in Metal Gear Solid 2 when E.E. dies. The thing itself is typically melodramatic yes, but the horrible wailing sobs of Otacon's crying is really well done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 7 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #8117

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 7 2012, 03:25 PM) *
I'd forgotten how sad it is in Metal Gear Solid 2 when E.E. dies. The thing itself is typically melodramatic yes, but the horrible wailing sobs of Otacon's crying is really well done.

I knew exactly what was behind your spoilers and couldn't agree more. I really wasn't expecting it to happen either which made it even sadder.
I think I'm going to get the HD collection on my Vita. I've dunno if it's something I'd be too bothered about playing on the console. Though I'll wait and see if there's a bundle announced for the Vita version that includes both.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 7 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #8118

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2012, 05:14 PM) *
I knew exactly what was behind your spoilers and couldn't agree more. I really wasn't expecting it to happen either which made it even sadder.
I think I'm going to get the HD collection on my Vita. I've dunno if it's something I'd be too bothered about playing on the console. Though I'll wait and see if there's a bundle announced for the Vita version that includes both.

I remember my friend saying the saddest thing about it was spending ages doing the sniping section on European Extreme, and then that...

I didn't know it was coming to Vita, that's cool. I'm assuming Vita will be compatible with the PS1 Classics downloads too, so the whole trilogy will be available for it.

"Hal. Hal. I miss you." Manly tears were shed.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Feb 7 2012, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 7 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #8119

Serenity.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 7 2012, 08:32 PM) *
I remember my friend saying the saddest thing about it was spending ages doing the sniping section on European Extreme, and then that...

I didn't know it was coming to Vita, that's cool. I'm assuming Vita will be compatible with the PS1 Classics downloads too, so the whole trilogy will be available for it.

"Hal. Hal. I miss you." Manly tears were shed.

People give MGS2 so much shit but it is very good. I mean, it's pretty bonkers, but excellent.

Yeah PS1 and PSP games will work on it (I think PS1 compatibility still needs to be patched in) so you'll get the whole collection there.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 7 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #8120

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2012, 09:34 PM) *
I mean, it's pretty bonkers, but excellent.

The whole Arsenal Gear part is just incredible. I love how the codec gets more and more erratic, and the map turns into a video of a Japanese woman, and the "Fission Mailed" thing and so on. Kojima's always loved to break the fourth wall, but that whole section is just superb.

"Turn the game console off right now. You have better things to do with your time" etc.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 7 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #8121

Serenity.

I know people who actually did turn it off -,-

Edit: Are the 360 face buttons pressure sensitive btw?

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Feb 7 2012, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 7 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #8122

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 7 2012, 11:07 PM) *
I know people who actually did turn it off -,-

Edit: Are the 360 face buttons pressure sensitive btw?

No, sadly. To lower your weapon, you have to click the left stick rather than slowly release the fire button.

I always thought it was an odd choice to not make them sensitive, but I guess their feelings were that so few games ever really use it that it doesn't matter. I did like how the map zoomed and the target locked by pressure in the PS2 Ace Combat games.

It's hardly a deal-breaker in this game, though. It's no less effort to click the stick, and you can't accidentally mis-fire.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 8 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #8123

Serenity.

The pressure buttons were kind of cool but also kind of a pain in MGS3. I guess you haven't played it yet but I'll be interested to know what button is to grab someone and hold them/slit their throat in MGS3. My first playthrough I accidentally slit so many throats.....
The only reason I bring it up is that Kojima mentioned in the Vita version you'd swipe the rear touchpad to slit throats, which is something I'd not even thought about (but a cool little alternative for the system). I completely forgot that the buttons were pressure sensitive.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Feb 8 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #8124

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (Llama @ Feb 6 2012, 09:13 PM) *
It sounds basically as I expected. And the Chocobos were very pretty last time round so I'm going to have to buy at some point.

It's getting pretty enjoyable actually. If you don't expect to be blown away I reckon you'll have a good time playing it. Caius is a great villain so far. Best for some time I think.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 8 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #8125

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 8 2012, 08:27 AM) *
The pressure buttons were kind of cool but also kind of a pain in MGS3. I guess you haven't played it yet but I'll be interested to know what button is to grab someone and hold them/slit their throat in MGS3. My first playthrough I accidentally slit so many throats.....
The only reason I bring it up is that Kojima mentioned in the Vita version you'd swipe the rear touchpad to slit throats, which is something I'd not even thought about (but a cool little alternative for the system). I completely forgot that the buttons were pressure sensitive.

I would guess that it too is done with the L3.

Kojima has always been keen on using new technology in interesting ways, again I think that's due to his love of breaking the fourth wall and encouraging player absorption. I'm starting to wonder if ZOE3 will be a Kinect/Move game, issuing commands to ADA by voice and using your motions to control Jehuty (as it's controlled partially by movement mimicking in the game).

+Quote Post
Downsy
post Feb 8 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #8126

Standing on the shoulders of giants

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 35

Grr, trying to beat Mr Freeze in Batman Arkham City got me so wound up that it took an hour for me to calm down after. I had to turn it off as I knew I had to go to sleep soon.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Feb 8 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #8127

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

^ I really enjoyed that fight. Just don't use the same move twice.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Feb 8 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #8128

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Rua @ Feb 8 2012, 12:22 PM) *
It's getting pretty enjoyable actually. If you don't expect to be blown away I reckon you'll have a good time playing it. Caius is a great villain so far. Best for some time I think.

Sounds a lot like the last game, where everyone I knew who said they hated it gave up after about an hour because it was too boring and "too easy", when they never even got far enough to do any of the battles where you actually had to think and pay attention or else your ass got sassed.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 8 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #8129

Serenity.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 8 2012, 12:34 PM) *
I would guess that it too is done with the L3.

Kojima has always been keen on using new technology in interesting ways, again I think that's due to his love of breaking the fourth wall and encouraging player absorption. I'm starting to wonder if ZOE3 will be a Kinect/Move game, issuing commands to ADA by voice and using your motions to control Jehuty (as it's controlled partially by movement mimicking in the game).

I'll be really interested to see what new features if any he adds for the Vita version; I know there's some new things in the 3DS one.
I really liked his game Boktai. The cartridge had a sensor on it to detect sunlight which would make the gane easier/harder. It was awesome.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 8 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #8130

I remember that game. Never played it though.

Grrr, the RAYs are kicking my ass. I have no rations, and they only spawn occasionally and in the worst place possible.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Feb 8 2012, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 540 541 542 543 544 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:38 AM