post Feb 15 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #8176

Coin Operated Boy

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,112

Good news.
There's a Far Cry 3 trailer.

Bad News.
It's a cgi, no clue to game play etc trailer. It's Far Cry so you can guess, but still, Dead Island had a lot to answer for. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 15 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #8177

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

As long as I can save anywhere I'll likely get it. On consoles you were limited to auto saves after missions or saving at safe houses. It was shit.
Also the vehicles were too slow, the checkpoints respawned too quickly and the stealth was broken.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 16 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #8178

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

Did anyone play the Mass Effect 3 demo?

I'm just going to wait for the game to come out; the style of the game doesn't lend itself well to demos I don't think.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 16 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #8179

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I had one really great chase whilst driving a jeep in Far Cry 2 during my only sitting and I'd have bought the game had there not been such a consistent amount of griping about it's issues. I can only hope they make the game Far Cry 2 could have been were it a little more polished.

As for the Mass Effect 3 demo, I'm without an internet connection good enough to get it so I'll be passing for now. I'm sure I read something about that demo unlocking items for another game and that the demo for that game unlocks an item for ME3 but I can't for the life of me remember what the other game was.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Feb 16 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #8180

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 16 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Did anyone play the Mass Effect 3 demo?

Yes. It's worth it purely for the fact that the second sample mission has Garrus in it. And as everyone knows, Garrus is a badass because he's the Turian Batman.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Feb 16 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #8181

Coin Operated Boy

I'm torn on the demo. I suspect that it'll make me want more and I can't have any more until next month. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Feb 16 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #8182

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Video Game BAFTA nominations announced.

Skyrim, Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Zelda: Skyward Swordand Little Big Planet 2 are all dominating the awards a tad.

I don't know whether I'd rather Mark Hamill or Stephen Merchant for the performer award.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 16 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #8183

Serenity.

QUOTE (zeden @ Feb 16 2012, 12:42 AM) *
I had one really great chase whilst driving a jeep in Far Cry 2 during my only sitting and I'd have bought the game had there not been such a consistent amount of griping about it's issues. I can only hope they make the game Far Cry 2 could have been were it a little more polished.

As for the Mass Effect 3 demo, I'm without an internet connection good enough to get it so I'll be passing for now. I'm sure I read something about that demo unlocking items for another game and that the demo for that game unlocks an item for ME3 but I can't for the life of me remember what the other game was.

The other demo and gane was Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning.
I already said in the Skyrim thread that it doesn't deserve the award for any category its nominated in except music.
Portal 2 should win best game. Disappointed to see no mention of Dark Souls (in best game I mean), though hardly surprising I suppose.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Feb 16 2012, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 16 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #8184

What is a FIFA game doing in the GotY category? All football games are the same.

Skyrim should get Design, because for all its faults it is just such a beautifully crafted world. Same with music.

Mark Hamill has been The Joker for a long time, and deserves some credit. If he's not won many awards for his performance, he should get this one. He is The Joker.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Feb 16 2012, 12:37 PM

+Quote Post
Silky
post Feb 16 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #8185

Coin Operated Boy

Civ V expansion coming your way.
Sounds pretty good.
I do love Carthage. biggrin.gif

I can see myself sinking more hours into this game again soon.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 16 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #8186

Civilization is one of those games I wish I could like, and really feel like I should like, but I just can't. Strategy games in general are one of those genres I'd have thought I'd enjoy, and I sometimes will buy one thinking I will, but I don't.

Homeworld is the only one I ever liked.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Feb 16 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #8187

Coin Operated Boy

I loved Homeworld. I do rather like strategy games.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Feb 16 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #8188

I've tried several of them, and they all seemed to have a difficulty curve like a brick wall.

Training missing where it holds your hand and tells you how to do everything and there's no danger; then a mission where you harvest a bit and there's a little battle at the end, and maybe try a little base building; then IMPOSSIBLY HARD OMG HOW DID THEY BUILD SO MANY UNITS SO FAST!?

Homeworld does get very hard (and I've never finished it), but it takes a very long time before it feels overwhelming. It's an odd blend of action-packed and sedate, and I really like that.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Feb 16 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #8189

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

That's what I like about Civ, there's no need to rush to keep up with an A.I. that has an actions per minute on par with a twitchy Starcraft 2 pro. I can appreciate it not clicking mind, I don't really play it like I do any other game, it's so slow that I like to have a podcast or something to take up my attention. Makes for a nice combo I find.

Sounds like that Civ5 expansion is just putting features from Civ4 back in so I'm struggling to think that I'll spend on it. Warlock:Master of the Arcane caught my eye in the latest PC Gamer and sounds far more exciting to me. Bit bored of dull old archers and spearmen, I'll gladly take on werewolves and dragons. It also seems to throw some character building elements into the mix where unit equipment is concerned which is always good for allowing more varied tactics.

Went searching and found myself a bargain a few moments ago. A promo copy of Soul Calibur 5 for 10. It's the full game but no manual so at that price I'm happy. Looking forward to seeing what Ezio plays like.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Feb 17 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #8190

Serenity.

Whered you find a promo copy of it? Good price!

I also love Civ because of the lack of needing to rush. Great series (though the last I played was Civ 3)

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 544 545 546 547 548 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:39 AM