Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 5 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #8296

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

Final Fantasy X's release will be a major positive move towards me buying a Vita. I'll never sell my PSP though; I've learned my lesson and I'm never selling a console again (I miss my PS2 and NGPC, and even ones I don't need like GameCube and GameBoy Advance I miss having around).

Hoarder 4 Life, yo.

A week or so ago, I got Dissidia 012, and turned it on. On the "New Game" option, there was a selection to import data from the first game. This made me decide to go on the original, to see how far I'd got. I've played nothing since, training and grinding to get all the icons and achievements... I really don't think the last game mode is even possible, I had enough trouble unlocking the XI and XII characters. The last mode has characters above Lv100.
Anyone who complains about modern video games being too easy should get that game. It's a challenge and a half.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Mar 5 2012, 08:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 5 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #8297

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

@ Monkeyman.
Yeah I did find that AC:R tended to drag a little bit. Hopefully the New World won't be so full of ancient ruins.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 7 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #8298

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

They've apparently completely torn apart the combat and rebuilt it. I hope they mean it as again, it was getting old and stale.

In GDC news: New Sorcery walkthrough
Finally a Move game I'm genuinely excited about. It's come on such a long way from its initial announcement and video.

The enemies look like they're a but too "fodderish" but I'm hoping they'll improve that, or it was just due to the demo settings.
The real time 1 to 1 movement is awesome.

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Mar 7 2012, 12:04 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 8 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #8299

I hope you're all good people and paid for Mass Effect 3.

Apparently, EA deliberately leaked a torrent of the game riddled with phishing software, in order to track those who illegally downloaded it.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 8 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #8300

Coin Operated Boy

Nice. biggrin.gif

I got mine on 360 anyway. It's where I started the journey and it's damn well where I'm going to end it.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 8 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #8301

I won't be buying it until more DLC missions are out, so if you could all refrain from spoiling it for me I'd appreciate it =]

That said, I'll probably end up buying it soon anyway... I need it.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 8 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #8302

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 8 2012, 06:16 PM) *
I hope you're all good people and paid for Mass Effect 3.

Apparently, EA deliberately leaked a torrent of the game riddled with phishing software, in order to track those who illegally downloaded it.

Is that legal?

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 8 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #8303

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Mar 8 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Is that legal?

Don't see why not.
I guess it could be entrapment...

Obligatory picture.

Where was I?
Oh yeah...
But I doubt it. In order to complain you'd have to admit to an illegal activity.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 8 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #8304

Fair enough. I just thought all phishing software was illegal, end of, and therefore it'd rather ironic to use it to catch people illegally downloading things.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 8 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #8305

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Mar 8 2012, 08:33 PM) *
Fair enough. I just thought all phishing software was illegal, end of, and therefore it'd rather ironic to use it to catch people illegally downloading things.

Good point.
t's possible it's a different kind of software. I'm not really that up on this sort of thing.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 8 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #8306

It's not the first time a game has done this sort of thing

Is it just me, or has Mass Effect 3 had a bit of a quiet launch? When Mass Effect 2 came out it was EVERYWHERE, whereas I forgot it was even out until one person on Facebook mentioned it (and even then it was only in relation to his pre-order getting messed up).

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 8 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #8307

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 8 2012, 09:13 PM) *

Brilliant. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 8 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #8308

Coin Operated Boy

I love the first and last ones most.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 8 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #8309

Earthbound is such a weird game. I've been meaning to play it for years, but stopped playing just after Twosun, when someone gets mind controlled by a mushroom or something.
It's one of those games where I enjoyed playing it, but then didn't for ages, and now can't remember what was going on so I'd have to start again.

LOVE the music, too

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Mar 8 2012, 09:43 PM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 9 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #8310

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Mass Effect day one DLC found on the disk in spite of claims it was worked on after the game went gold.
This is what's finally getting me out of wanting to play games, this piecemeal approach to content that does, in spite of protests from the developers, diminish the final product by adding hidden costs to get the complete package. In a plot heavy game like this, locking content away like this is as big an insult to those who have played since ME1 as they could come up with.
Bioware have run the good will I had left into the ground with this kind of rubbish since Dragon Age 2 and after the conclusion of Mass Effect and I've played some more Old Republic I'm quite confident they wont get me to pay full price for any of their games ever again. I just can't trust them to show any respect for the stories or their customers any more.

And in far better news, Deadly Premonition is getting a directors cut and Western release on the PS3. I've not gotten all that much use out of my PS3, not nearly as much as my 360, so this is good news to me. Can't wait to see what content was lost and what Swery is going to throw into the mix to freshen it up. I'm hoping for some fresh plot twists myself, much as the gameplay is shambolic I do love it's quirks and intentionally immersion breaking badness so I see little reason to change too much of it. The Move support might be interesting though, I'd expect it'll play a bit like a far easier Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, sharing game mechanics as it does.
Now I think about it, it's got a very similar theme to another game in the way it treats games as an art form. No More Heroes also had a big open world that's not got a lot to do in it, gameplay that's simple and somewhat lacking and a plot that involves direct cultural relation to the player in the form of 4th wall breaking and numerous American pop culture references. As far as I see them, they're both observations and at times critiques on the expectations of Western gamers. Hmm...I'm rambling now so I'll stop there methinks.

This post has been edited by zeden: Mar 9 2012, 02:38 AM

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 552 553 554 555 556 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:12 AM