> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Silky
post Mar 12 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #8356

Coin Operated Boy

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Mar 12 2012, 10:21 PM) *
I'm a Vanguard, which this Shepherd has been from the beginning. It's hardly the best class, being very middling at everything, but I felt I should keep it consistent.

I'll probably mix things up a bit on the (inevitable) next playthrough.

I'm currently Infiltrator. Which again, is something this Femshep has been from the start. It's a good balance for vanguard, being mostly about ranged combat.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ade
post Mar 12 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #8357

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 12 2012, 10:22 PM) *
GAME in deep shit

Possible huge clearance sale approaching, or Gamestop will use this as a platform to move into the UK big time.

I'd heard rumblings this might be the case. If so, keep an ear out for revised advert slogans:

"E-A-Sports: it's not in GAME."

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 12 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #8358

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

I'd pick up some cheap new games if they do start selling them off. Their used games always seem to be of poorer condition than you find elsewhere, but cost more. They only knock a couple of pounds off retail for something in a scruffy sticky box with torn manual. It might not matter to some people, but it matters to me. I have my Mega Drive practically mint in box, and some people can't keep a 360 game clean for the two weeks they own it before selling it; I'll never, ever understand that.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Mar 13 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #8359

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Mar 12 2012, 01:39 PM) *
laugh.gif

Correct smile.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 13 2012, 07:41 AM
Post #8360

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 12 2012, 10:22 PM) *
GAME in deep shit

Possible huge clearance sale approaching, or Gamestop will use this as a platform to move into the UK big time.

They reduced some games down to 1.98. All the used games I've ever bought from them have been fine, dunno what people near you do XD
GameStop must be rubbing their hands in glee. A whole network of gaming shops already in place to buy up....The main problem with Game is they tend to price everything new higher than anywhere else. If they sold at lower proces and offered more reward points I actually think they'd be fine; I've never understand their selling practices.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 12 2012, 11:36 PM) *
I'd pick up some cheap new games if they do start selling them off. Their used games always seem to be of poorer condition than you find elsewhere, but cost more. They only knock a couple of pounds off retail for something in a scruffy sticky box with torn manual. It might not matter to some people, but it matters to me. I have my Mega Drive practically mint in box, and some people can't keep a 360 game clean for the two weeks they own it before selling it; I'll never, ever understand that.

Yeah I don't get it either, I hate it if I get creases on my manuals or if they've used ridiculously sticky stickers on the boxes that are impossible to get off cleanly.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 13 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #8361

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 13 2012, 07:41 AM) *
The main problem with Game is they tend to price everything new higher than anywhere else. If they sold at lower proces and offered more reward points I actually think they'd be fine; I've never understand their selling practices.

Yep, this is my main problem. I've never bought a new game from Game, apart from one time where they had a very special offer on. But whenever I've been in the stores I can't believe how much they charge.

Yeah I don't get it either, I hate it if I get creases on my manuals or if they've used ridiculously sticky stickers on the boxes that are impossible to get off cleanly.

If you can find nail polish remover anywhere about your house, it will get the left over goo off no problem. TOP TIP.

EDIT: I picked up the new SSX the other day. So fun!

This post has been edited by Llama: Mar 13 2012, 12:13 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 13 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #8362

QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 13 2012, 12:08 PM) *
If you can find nail polish remover anywhere about your house, it will get the left over goo off no problem. TOP TIP.

Just make sure it's not a material that will dissolve with it. Another nail polish-based tip is that if you have anything like a toy with ball joints that are loose, paint them with clear nail polish. It gives it that tiny extra bit of thickness, and makes it snug. I used that only yesterday when I got a figure with an entire arm that falls off every time you touch it. Now it's held it place (though it does pop out when moved, luckily I don't 'play' play with my toys so it's okay).

On the subject of games: Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. All used, but in perfect condition. Just need to download Mario 64 now =]

+Quote Post
Ade
post Mar 13 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #8363

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 12 2012, 11:36 PM) *
, and some people can't keep a 360 game clean for the two weeks they own it before selling it; I'll never, ever understand that.

That. is a. MAJOR. pet peeve of mine. Whether it's with games, DVDs or BluRays - some people are just twazzocks. No respect for property that's not their own. And often even when it IS their own, too.

Twazzocks, I say.

Still. Bargains aplenty ahoy methinks.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 13 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #8364

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 13 2012, 12:08 PM) *
EDIT: I picked up the new SSX the other day. So fun!

Been tempted to pick this up. I do love my epic games like Mass Effect and the like, but sometimes, you just want to unwind.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 13 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #8365

Downloaded Mario 64 on Virtual Console (not as easy as it sounds, as my Wii can't get Wi-fi where it sits so I have to hold it up in the air with one hand and use the Wiimote with the other).

Apart from the fact that it looks terrible, like most N64 games, it's really not aged a day. You don't even have to look at it in terms of being the first ever good 3D platformer - it's just a good game in general. Graphically it's not aged well at all (though it is nice and colourful; it's just not as timelessly good-looking as, say, Super Mario World), but other than that it could have been released last week.

I got eight Stars in about fifteen minutes, will play it again later. I don't see myself getting all 120, as I'm not really very good at 3D platformers.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 13 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #8366

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Silky @ Mar 13 2012, 07:58 PM) *
Been tempted to pick this up. I do love my epic games like Mass Effect and the like, but sometimes, you just want to unwind.

That's exactly what I'm loving about it. After having played Skyrim for X amount of hours, it's nice to have something just to shove on and not really have to concentrate, and just have fun. It's like the gaming equivalent of doodling. Lovely arcadey goodness.

Oh, but that's not to say you never have to concentrate. Some of the Deadly Descents are damn difficult, but if it gets too much you can just go explore!

This post has been edited by Llama: Mar 13 2012, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 13 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #8367

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I'm really enjoying Trine 2 at the moment. Some great improvements over the first and it's even more beautiful than the first. The music is wonderful too.

I'm really looking forward to getting Journey when I have the money for it.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Mar 14 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #8368

You know what else I hate? Ordering something from Amazon Marketplace and specifically selecting the original release version, and the seller sending the budget release. Now I've got to mess around returning it.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Mar 14 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #8369

Ade Flanders

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Mar 14 2012, 05:08 PM) *
You know what else I hate? Ordering something from Amazon Marketplace and specifically selecting the original release version, and the seller sending the budget release. Now I've got to mess around returning it.

Aye, that can be a real bind - it's always well worth sending enquiries to Marketplace sellers before clicking 'Add To Basket', just to ensure you know what you're getting.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 15 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #8370

Coin Operated Boy

Less than an hour to go.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 556 557 558 559 560 > »