Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
NiteFall
post Mar 21 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #8386

Invader.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,823

I think the problem most people have with the ending is that for all their talk of being able to do massively different endings because it's the last in the trilogy, they're all pretty much exactly the same no matter what you do in the main game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 25 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #8387

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

I took back Earth...
Spoilered even though it's part of the advertising campaign.

This post has been edited by Silky: Mar 25 2012, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
logger
post Mar 25 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #8388

Guests

Spoilers.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 25 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #8389

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Parents have brought the 360 upstairs to go in my room. I think they're trying to kill me. It's so tempting to connect it to my telly and kick some supermutant arse/kick some chickens/drown Lara Croft a few dozen time to relieve stress, but I promised myself I wouldn't.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 25 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #8390

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Mar 25 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Parents have brought the 360 upstairs to go in my room. I think they're trying to kill me. It's so tempting to connect it to my telly and kick some supermutant arse/kick some chickens/drown Lara Croft a few dozen time to relieve stress, but I promised myself I wouldn't.

Be strong.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 26 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #8391

Coin Operated Boy

The Last of Us! looks pretty awesome.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Mar 26 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #8392

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

So, somewhat unsurprisingly, Game have gone into administration. How long before Gamestop swoops in and buys them up I wonder?

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 26 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #8393

QUOTE (Silky @ Mar 25 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Be strong.

I am. I'm distracting myself by making a list of games to buy in June. Skyrim is top, obviously, followed by The Orange Box and Portal 2. I was also thinking maybe Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Mar 26 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #8394

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Red Dead Redemption is a must buy. One of the best games of this generation.

QUOTE (Silky @ Mar 26 2012, 07:22 PM) *
The Last of Us! looks pretty awesome.

You're not wrong! The devs have said the majority of the game will be against other survivors, but the infected look so fucked up and awesome:

When I watched Planet Earth years back and saw the fungus that inspired the one in Last of us I said that it would make a good film plot. A game is even better. Specially if Naughty Dog are doing it.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Mar 27 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #8395

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Mar 26 2012, 07:38 PM) *
How long before Gamestop swoops in and buys them up I wonder?

Not gonna happen. Someone else might, but it won't be Gamestop.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Mar 27 2012, 08:04 AM
Post #8396

Coin Operated Boy

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 27 2012, 12:09 AM) *

You're not wrong! The devs have said the majority of the game will be against other survivors, but the infected look so fucked up and awesome:
When I watched Planet Earth years back and saw the fungus that inspired the one in Last of us I said that it would make a good film plot. A game is even better. Specially if Naughty Dog are doing it.

Yeah. I'm pretty excited. biggrin.gif
Good to see a new take on Zombies.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 27 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #8397

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 27 2012, 12:09 AM) *

Wowsers, that's cool!

+Quote Post
Ade
post Mar 27 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #8398

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Mar 26 2012, 11:09 PM) *

Truth.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Mar 28 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #8399

Noted. smile.gif

I was going to ask for more recommendations, but I think the five I mentioned are probably enough for now, especially if I want to see any daylight this summer. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
zeden
post Mar 30 2012, 03:11 AM
Post #8400

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Hello peeps.
I've finished Mass Effect 3 and enjoyed it for the most part. Not as much as 2 though, losing the episodic mission structure and using a more Dragon Age 2 styled hub area that changes over time made the whole thing feel far looser and unfocused for me. That, in addition to a few very nasty bugs, (one of which stopped me from getting the Hannar or Drell on side nor Kasumi) stopped it from matching it predecessor alas.

Ending related spoilers follow, including a video that goes in depth covering a compelling theory about the endings, so please don't even think about looking if you've not finished it yet. It's gotten a lot of stick but on a pure story telling level I liked it, even if I don't like the clear DLC potential it leaves. Anyhow...
I buy the Indoctrination theory that's been going around. Hell, I actually figured it myself when faced by the final three choices. As far as I'm concerned it was pretty obvious that either giving in to or merging with the reapers would be giving into indoctrination having paid attention to the way other characters acted under its influence.

I watched this video earlier and it validates the theory so perfectly with in game explanation that I struggle not to see it as intended plot and incredibly subtle story telling. So much of the dialogue referenced in that video was in mind for me during the entirety of ME3 and as such that final sequence stuck out like a sore thumb as being off, not quite real in terms of taking place in the game world but instead inside the head of Shepard. It's this disparity that the complainers have focused on alas instead of thinking a bit more about it.

What I don't like is the tease during the post credit sequence in which we're promised "one more story". That alongside the three seconds of extra ending gained from playing multiplayer and getting galactic readiness to 100% combine to hint at post game DLC that was planned from the get go. Paying for the "true" ending is a kick in the teeth after spending a combined total of 140+ on the trilogy and previous DLC already. And I will buy it, I'm too invested in the series not to want to see what more they can do with it, but after this game I wont be at all interested in buying a Bioware game again thanks to their industry damaging, artistically bankrupt and increasingly obvious DLC plans.
And like that another developer falls out of favour and my interest in games wanes some more.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 558 559 560 561 562 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:11 PM