zeden
post Apr 30 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #8551

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Apr 30 2012, 05:40 PM) *
Oh yes!

I love how I posted about SEGA needing to make another All-Stars game, and then here it is announced.
this

Looks like they've put some real effort into the fan service aspect of it all. The prospect of seeing Panzer Dragoon with modern graphics is very appealing to me, even if it's just as part of the race track. Fingers crossed for a demo before it comes out, extending the gameplay to to be closer to Diddy Kong Racing certainly draws my eye more than the original did.

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Apr 30 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Some people have already made levels with non-euclidean geometry.

MY BRAIN! That is mind boggling, very cool though.
I can't help but think that if there were ever a first person realisation of the Planescape universe it'd have to feature that kind of level layout and abstract design.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Apr 30 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #8552

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

someone has managed the tricky task of making Vega in Mass Effect 3 a more interesting and nuanced character, while still working within the characterisation laid down in the game. I present to you the genius that is James Vega- Cool Bro and James Vega- Rad Dude!

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post May 1 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #8553

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 26 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Has anyone played the Walking Dead game/demo? It's pretty damn good, if a bit too linear (in its exploration, there's a lot of dialogue choices and you can't go back and look at all options like in previous telltale games).

Definetely worth a look.

I've played most of the first episode, it is a lot of fun. Like Heavy Rain but with Zombies. I'll be interested to see how the interactions with the characters pull across all the episodes. Plus the cell shaded graphics are very well done.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Apr 28 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Bought Metroid Prime Trilogy

I'm looking forward to seeing if it deserves the massively high accolades it constantly receives. I played Metroid Prime briefly on the GameCube when it came out, and enjoyed it but found it a little too overwhelming. I was a different kind of gamer back then, though.

Apparently the Trilogy version doesn't have the bloody incredible duo of intro menu themes.

A great game (I've only played the 1st one), but it's REALLY hard in places. I had to give up halfway through as I couldn't get past an extended section with no save points. I might try again sometime soon as it's one of the most immersive games I've played and I've heard that the second half is even better than the first.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post May 1 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #8554

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

It arrived today. All I can remember about it is the ship at the start, and a desert area with ruins in. I have a feeling I didn't get very far.
There was a boss that was a giant insect that shot balls of lightning or rolled a log or something? It's been a long time.

+Quote Post
Silky
post May 1 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #8555

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

I got Populous The Beginning from GOG.com. It may well have been the first RTS game I ever played. I love all the little details like how the followers upgrade the huts over time, and how they aren't all the same design. It sounds like such a small detail but at the time it was amazing. I'm going to play a mulitplayer game with my neighbour later tonight and just grin from ear to ear for a few hours.
I always loved building fleets of boats and balloons. I am almost certain that I'll likely block off the enemy village and then just ignore them while I build up the perfect city and do things just because I want too.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post May 1 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #8556

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

I started playing Metroid Prime. I'd forgotten how engrossing it is.

The only downside is that my wrist aches after a while, so I can only play it in hour-long chunks. The actual motion control is amazing; it's the first time I've ever actually played a first-person Wii game.
It would have been nice to have the option of using a GameCube controller, for the times where my wrist hurts but I still want to play.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: May 1 2012, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post May 1 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #8557

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

That is incredible!

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post May 1 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #8558

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

Not often this happens, but a YouTube commenter below the line absolutely summed up my feelings on this in one go:

"SUPER ULTRA ULTIMATE MIND FUCK"

+Quote Post
maian
post May 1 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #8559

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

That is pretty incredible.

+Quote Post
logger
post May 2 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #8560

Guests

Halo 4 release date announced I didn't even know they were making it.

+Quote Post
Silky
post May 2 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #8561

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

Yeah they kind of vaguely announced the start of a new trilogy late last year if I recall. I tend to keep Halo on the edges of my periphery anyway.
Apparently there is some kind of conspiracy theory around the release date also being the voting day in America. Supposedly it's to discourage the youthful voters going out to vote for Obama as they're too busy buying and playing Halo.

+Quote Post
logger
post May 2 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #8562

Guests

Nah, that goes against all the conspiracy theories about the repubs putting up shitty candidates so that Obama wins. Giuliani 2016.

+Quote Post
zeden
post May 3 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #8563

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Unless my housemate gets it I don't think I'll be bothering with Halo 4 at all. I don't like the sound of what they're doing to the multiplayer at all and seeing as that's the whole appeal of the franchise to me I'll jump ship rather than adjust to all the changes that bring it more in line with twitchy, tactically shallow shooters like COD.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post May 3 2012, 08:28 AM
Post #8564

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

What are they doing with the multiplayer? It's not a game I'll ever play so I've read nothing about it. It's the first non-bungie developed Halo game right?

+Quote Post
Llama
post May 3 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #8565

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (logger @ May 2 2012, 06:32 PM) *
I didn't even know they were making it.

I did! I made annoying advert banners for it for Xbox, which also meant I knew the release date before it was announced like a right special person. Shame I'm not into Halo at all...

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 569 570 571 572 573 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:16 PM