post Jun 22 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #8672

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 22 2012, 12:04 PM) *
All three Deus Ex games for a tenner?

Well played Steam. Well played.

Speaking of, I started Human Revolution last night. I've not done much, just gone to my apartment for the first time. I can see it's going to be a long and excellent game.

The beginning was a little underwhelming, but I'm sure it's designed to be so when you get augmented you feel a lot more capable. I'm sure the FMVs aren't as pretty as the Icarus trailer they released before the game came out...
The opening credits was really cool, I loved how it was done. I'm playing stealthily, and I enjoyed going around the warehouse trying not to be seen. In the end I got one yellow alert (the enemy hears but doesn't see me, like Metal Gear's "?" alert), and fired no shots at all. I felt pretty good about myself, I want to try and keep that up. As such, my augments so far have been in hacking and stealth, as they will probably be for the whole game.

It's very stylish too, just my kind of thing. Jensen's apartment is very Blade Runner.

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jun 22 2012, 11:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 22 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #8673

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I really really enjoyed Human revolution, even if it's not quite at the same scale as the first one and there are some irritating niggles (takedowns using up energy is silly and there being no melee weapons so you have to use energy is nonsense too; there should also be a high level upgrade to get regenerating energy); but I still loved it (and platinumed it).
My first playthrough was stealthy but I killed everyone, my second was without killing anyone (for the trophy), then I think I started a 33rd go through guns blazing but it wasn't quite as fun.
The music is excellent also

Joe, did you 100% MGS2 HD? Or just get all the dog tags? How long did it take?

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jun 22 2012, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 22 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #8674

I gave up on the Extreme dog tags because the bosses are just impossibly hard. Everything else I can cope with, but trapped in a confined space with someone who can kill you in one shot and you need to hit them thirty times or something is just too hard for me. I might give it another try in the future.

I got all of them for the Tanker because there's a place you can hide in the Olga fight where you can hit her feet without her being able to hurt you (except for her grenades, which she spams like you wouldn't believe). Then on Shell I think I just gave up, partly because I'd been doing little but dog tag hunt for days by that point.

I haven't even started 3 yet, I wanted to have a break so it wouldn't feel like a chore. I'm looking forward to it, though; I've not played it at all since 2005.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 22 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #8675

Serenity.

I played MGS2 the first time and was annoyed (at first) at the Raiden bait and switch. Appreciated it much more on a second playthrough straight away, then haven't played it since. My memories/thoughts on it were negative for a long time but the more I've thought about it the more I like it.
MGS3 I've played 3/4 times and have loved it more every time I've played.
I'm looking forward to finally getting them next week so so much; though I'm still playing Gravity Rush at the moment which is just fantastic.

Do you need to get all dog tags on European Extreme for the 100%/Platinum?

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Jun 22 2012, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 22 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #8676

No, European Extreme doesn't count (thank fuck).

I really love Metal Gear Solid 2. It's such a great story, insane and wonderful in equal measure, like the series in general. It really doesn't deserve any of the flak it gets. Raiden is nothing like as annoying as people claim (though Rose is annoying, but then she isn't a real person anyway ...or is she?). Playing as Raiden lets you see another side to Snake, and I think it works very well. The game is chock full of great moments, awesome boss battles, fantastic music and is just all-round awesome. I think the first game has a better and more well contained story, but as a game 2 is just phenomenal.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jun 22 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #8677

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 22 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Rose is annoying, but then she isn't a real person anyway ...or is she?).

If you'd played MGS4 you'd know the answer to this is yes. Yes she is.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 22 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #8678

Serenity.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 22 2012, 02:46 PM) *
No, European Extreme doesn't count (thank fuck).

I really love Metal Gear Solid 2. It's such a great story, insane and wonderful in equal measure, like the series in general. It really doesn't deserve any of the flak it gets. Raiden is nothing like as annoying as people claim (though Rose is annoying, but then she isn't a real person anyway ...or is she?). Playing as Raiden lets you see another side to Snake, and I think it works very well. The game is chock full of great moments, awesome boss battles, fantastic music and is just all-round awesome. I think the first game has a better and more well contained story, but as a game 2 is just phenomenal.

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 22 2012, 02:51 PM) *

She's real, but is the one in 2 real or part of the AI? . It's been too long since I've played it to remember. I got a bit sad at some of the scenes they decided to cut after 9/11 too.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 22 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #8679

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jun 22 2012, 02:51 PM) *

I'm on about in the context of the S3 Program (was that what it was called?). I'm pretty sure she's not, due to some of the stuff she says.
The question is, was she talking to him at all, or was it the AI the whole time? At what point did the change happen if it started out really her and changed into the AI talking as her? Campbell is AI the entire time, I'm pretty certain. Rose? I'm not sure...
Maybe she knew, and was asking what day it was as like a code to Raiden to let him know it was her?

This post has been edited by GundamGuy_UK: Jun 22 2012, 02:03 PM

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 22 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #8680

Serenity.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jun 22 2012, 03:02 PM) *
I'm on about in the context of the S3 Program (was that what it was called?). I'm pretty sure she's not, due to some of the stuff she says.
The question is, was she talking to him at all, or was it the AI the whole time? At what point did the change happen if it started out really her and changed into the AI talking as her? Campbell is AI the entire time, I'm pretty certain. Rose? I'm not sure...
Maybe she knew, and was asking what day it was as like a code to Raiden to let him know it was her?

Having had a quick look at the Wiki it turns out she was real the whole time.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 22 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #8681

Really? That doesn't sound right. When Campbell is doing his thing, she's doing it too.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 22 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #8682

Serenity.

I only looked quickly as I don't want to ruin the story for myself, as I can't remember most of it ( as you can tell!). I thought she just got removed at some point. Im looking forward to playing it myself and then probably reading a wiki afterwards XD

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Jun 22 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #8683

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

On the subject of Metal Gear has anyone managed to finish Peace Walker? I had to give up on the final boss fight as it's destroying me, not helped by the lack of checkpoints or difficulty settings.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Jun 22 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #8684

So far, Human Revolution reminds me of Mass Effect meets Arkham City. This is a good thing.

It took me ages to do the side-quest for Meghan's mother, which again is a good thing. Nothing like a bit of stealth in tight corridors to keep you on your toes. I love sneaking right by someone and that feeling of knowing they only need turn their head a tiny bit and I'm dead.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Jun 22 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #8685

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

There are some great side-quests in Human Revolution. I like how they are fully fledged mini-stories.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 577 578 579 580 581 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:13 PM